List Mgmt. Ty Vickery - Tigers decided not to match the deal. Richmond receives Pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on Barrett's "sliding doors" article if says if Vick wants to stay he has to lower his asking price... by a lot

If ratboy is right, ty is gorn

I can't see us paying above the norm to keep him

Griff goes down with injury, who comes in to pinch hit in the ruck and play up front. McBean ?

Edit: ignore mcbean as i just re read your doubts on him.
Ty doesn't want to play ruck so he doesn't solve that problem anyway. Play 2 talls, Jack & Griff (2nd ruck) if Griff is injured play McBean. We can't waste salary space on Tyrone to play in case someone is injured. Unless he accepts a salary which reflects the role of a back up then by all means keep him.

Ty doesn't want to play ruck so he doesn't solve that problem anyway. Play 2 talls, Jack & Griff (2nd ruck) if Griff is injured play McBean. We can't waste salary space on Tyrone to play in case someone is injured. Unless he accepts a salary which reflects the role of a back up then by all means keep him.

Ty not playing ruck is the issue for me

I think the guy has the skills, but he needs to be a proper ruck/forward player. Ffs Griff plays that role better than ty

I'm a Vickery fan, but admit I'm frustrated with his reluctance to play up the ground

With Maric, Vickery leaving/retiring no doubt we'll be looking at some tall timber during this years draft and trade period. With any luck we can nab another tall capable of playing straight up if Griff or others are injured.

I hope we look at mobile talls, the likes of Vickery that are one trick ponies are disappearing from the game.

With Maric, Vickery leaving/retiring no doubt we'll be looking at some tall timber during this years draft and trade period. With any luck we can nab another tall capable of playing straight up if Griff or others are injured.

I hope we look at mobile talls, the likes of Vickery that are one trick ponies are disappearing from the game.
Yeah we need that athletic 3rd tall type. Similar to Callum Moore but a ready made one.

on Barrett's "sliding doors" article if says if Vick wants to stay he has to lower his asking price... by a lot

Don't think Tyrone will lower his asking price. . What is he 26 ? This next contract will probably be the largest (and possibly the last) of his career.

Josh Jenkins re-signing is also a bonus for Tyrone.

If Ty leaves he could have a high asking price. Talls with good skills and athleticism are rare. His poor 2016 form could lower his price. But pure rarity could raise it. Also many coaches/clubs reckon that they can turn around a talented player that is nto old. And those that say Ty isn't talented need to look over his career. Some damn fine games there. But I am losing patience and I reckon he is a huge talent. He is much like Schulz, heaps of ability, just not bringing it often.

Can't believe that I am tending toward hoping for a trade/good FA for him. But right now we are stacking up too many tall forwards that should be performing for us. You can only play so many and having 4 mature ones is too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB role for Drummond ? would have thought that's his spot but Short has been very good back. Maybe Vlastiuin back into the guts allowing both short and Drummond to play back.

If Ty leaves he could have a high asking price. Talls with good skills and athleticism are rare. His poor 2016 form could lower his price. But pure rarity could raise it. Also many coaches/clubs reckon that they can turn around a talented player that is nto old. And those that say Ty isn't talented need to look over his career. Some damn fine games there. But I am losing patience and I reckon he is a huge talent. He is much like Schulz, heaps of ability, just not bringing it often.

Can't believe that I am tending toward hoping for a trade/good FA for him. But right now we are stacking up too many tall forwards that should be performing for us. You can only play so many and having 4 mature ones is too many.
I'm working on a club was prepared to pay Dixon 650k , I reckon tv cv reads pretty good compared to his so expect the unexpected when it comes to offers being tabled

Who's left in the key forward trade market

THURSDAY was a bad day for teams in the market for an experienced spearhead with this year's two most enticing out-of-contract targets, Josh Jenkins and Jack Watts, re-signing with their clubs on long-term deals.

As keen as the rival interest in Jenkins and Watts was – and the Brisbane Lions reportedly offered Jenkins up to $800,000 a season – it had seemed for some time a matter of when, not if, they recommitted to Adelaide and Melbourne respectively.

So rival suitors would not have been surprised by Thursday's announcements Jenkins had recommitted to the Crows for five years andWatts to the Demons for three.

The question is who do these teams turn their attention to now?

With Watts officially out of this year's free agency pool, Richmond forward/ruckman Tyrone Vickery is the only genuine spearhead left – one-club veterans Matthew Pavlich and Drew Petrie aside.

Vickery's contract discussions with Richmond have moved slowly this year, but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said on Thursday the tall was an"integral part" of the club's on-field future.

That could change, of course, if a rival club puts a free agency offer to Vickery lucrative enough to earn Richmond a tempting compensation pick.

This year's out-of-contract market has not only been diminished by Jenkins' re-signing, with swingman Sam Day recommitting to Gold Coast last week.

Which leaves Mason Wood, Ben Griffiths, Shane Kersten and Levi Casboult as 2016's most appealing targets.

Wood has attracted keen interest from several clubs believed to include Essendon, Fremantle and the Brisbane Lions, however his management company, Strategic, said last week the 22-year-old's preference is to stay at Arden Street.

Similarly, Casboult is understood to be keen to re-sign with the Blues, and his manager, Anthony McConville, said recently he expected to ramp up talks with Carlton soon.

However, Griffiths has yet to start meaningful talks with Richmond and Kersten's discussions with Geelong are moving slowly.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-21/analysis-whos-left-in-the-key-forward-trade-market

Who's left in the key forward trade market

THURSDAY was a bad day for teams in the market for an experienced spearhead with this year's two most enticing out-of-contract targets, Josh Jenkins and Jack Watts, re-signing with their clubs on long-term deals.

As keen as the rival interest in Jenkins and Watts was – and the Brisbane Lions reportedly offered Jenkins up to $800,000 a season – it had seemed for some time a matter of when, not if, they recommitted to Adelaide and Melbourne respectively.

So rival suitors would not have been surprised by Thursday's announcements Jenkins had recommitted to the Crows for five years andWatts to the Demons for three.

The question is who do these teams turn their attention to now?

With Watts officially out of this year's free agency pool, Richmond forward/ruckman Tyrone Vickery is the only genuine spearhead left – one-club veterans Matthew Pavlich and Drew Petrie aside.

Vickery's contract discussions with Richmond have moved slowly this year, but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said on Thursday the tall was an"integral part" of the club's on-field future.

That could change, of course, if a rival club puts a free agency offer to Vickery lucrative enough to earn Richmond a tempting compensation pick.

This year's out-of-contract market has not only been diminished by Jenkins' re-signing, with swingman Sam Day recommitting to Gold Coast last week.

Which leaves Mason Wood, Ben Griffiths, Shane Kersten and Levi Casboult as 2016's most appealing targets.

Wood has attracted keen interest from several clubs believed to include Essendon, Fremantle and the Brisbane Lions, however his management company, Strategic, said last week the 22-year-old's preference is to stay at Arden Street.

Similarly, Casboult is understood to be keen to re-sign with the Blues, and his manager, Anthony McConville, said recently he expected to ramp up talks with Carlton soon.

However, Griffiths has yet to start meaningful talks with Richmond and Kersten's discussions with Geelong are moving slowly.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-21/analysis-whos-left-in-the-key-forward-trade-market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back