Matt9

Debutant
Oct 11, 2006
Shearwater
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
West Ham
I was at a party on Saturday night and Ty Zantuck was there. He looked to have shed about 5 kilos since I last saw him during the season last year. Apparently he has been training on the quiet for months. He was well behaved and drinking water all night. Last time I saw him at a similiar get together he was hammered, chatted up sixteen chicks for no return, was a bigger nuisance than Merv Hughes on speed and was still cracking jokes and carrying on being a fruit fly until early hours of the morning.
Why was he so well behaved? He's an absolute monty (not Panesar) to get drafted on Tuesday. The mail I got was the Blues. Pagan is red hot keen, but he needs to convince the board. On Zantucks effort Saturday night- he deserves a second crack. I've never seen a more socially responsible, controlled and generally well mannered effort from a footballer without a club.;)

I was at a party on Saturday night and Ty Zantuck was there. He looked to have shed about 5 kilos since I last saw him during the season last year. Apparently he has been training on the quiet for months. He was well behaved and drinking water all night. Last time I saw him at a similiar get together he was hammered, chatted up sixteen chicks for no return, was a bigger nuisance than Merv Hughes on speed and was still cracking jokes and carrying on being a fruit fly until early hours of the morning.
Why was he so well behaved? He's an absolute monty (not Panesar) to get drafted on Tuesday. The mail I got was the Blues. Pagan is red hot keen, but he needs to convince the board. On Zantucks effort Saturday night- he deserves a second crack. I've never seen a more socially responsible, controlled and generally well mannered effort from a footballer without a club.;)

I hope for his sake he has turned the corner but I think its too late. It was reported in the Age yesterday that the Blues are committed to Cameron Cloke in the PSD and therefore Zantuck has been told to move on.

Unless the blues have two picks Ty is playing with Nowheresville next year.

Trained with us for weeks and really put in. Rumour is that Pagan wants him AND the playing group wants him. Was apparently told on Thursday that he will NOT be picked up by us as we will be taking Cameron Cloke instead. It's all a little worrying. I thought Zantuck was a good player at the Tiges so wasn't overly upset about picking him up. Best of luck to him anyway.

Trained with us for weeks and really put in. Rumour is that Pagan wants him AND the playing group wants him. Was apparently told on Thursday that he will NOT be picked up by us as we will be taking Cameron Cloke instead. It's all a little worrying. I thought Zantuck was a good player at the Tiges so wasn't overly upset about picking him up. Best of luck to him anyway.

Looks like poor old Dennis is just filling up space in the coaching box then.

I was at a party on Saturday night and Ty Zantuck was there. He looked to have shed about 5 kilos since I last saw him during the season last year. Apparently he has been training on the quiet for months. He was well behaved and drinking water all night. Last time I saw him at a similiar get together he was hammered, chatted up sixteen chicks for no return, was a bigger nuisance than Merv Hughes on speed and was still cracking jokes and carrying on being a fruit fly until early hours of the morning.Why was he so well behaved? He's an absolute monty (not Panesar) to get drafted on Tuesday. The mail I got was the Blues. Pagan is red hot keen, but he needs to convince the board. On Zantucks effort Saturday night- he deserves a second crack. I've never seen a more socially responsible, controlled and generally well mannered effort from a footballer without a club.;)

:) SOUNDS like my weekend....although substitute thesixteen chicks for 26!!!!!
As for the socially resposible, controlled and generally well mannered.....BORING!

But on a more serious note, when not driviong opponent's heads into the turf and being a general nuisance, the kid does have some ability. Good luck to him if he can turn it around, be worth a punt. He is instantly better than two thirds of the Blues list and quite a few on our list too!

I've never seen a more socially responsible, controlled and generally well mannered effort from a footballer without a club.;)

Which other 'less responsible' efforts have you seen from players without a club?

I'm not saying that Zantuck cannot turn over a new leaf, but I would assume that if you were a footballer with a chequered history at an AFL club and looking to find a new home, you would behave if you genuinely wanted another crack at league footy.

say what you want about his character but i will never forget the day he made that f** williams look like a child and stepped up to the rest of the hawks team when there was no one else who had the balls

good luck ty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason for his turn around in responsibility, attitude and behaviour is so that he can positively portray himself to a club as a player who has genuinely "changed" but i say once a problem....always a problem, and he will never change that

wouldn't it be just like Terry Wallace to pluck Zantuck from the PSD. We need some muscle in the back now that Chubb is gone. From what I saw of Ty, he can play if he puts his mind to it. He's still young, and hopefully learnt from his mistakes.

We surely don't need a soft hack like Kingsley. It would be a disgrace to delist Kellaway and replace him with Kingsley. Don't do it Terry.

The people in the know why Zantuck didnt get picked up. If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas just remember that Ty.

Anyone know where he is going to play next year now, any chance he will play in the SANFL?? Or anyone know where Kellaway is playing next year?

Pagan probably shouldn't have been so vocal on the fact that he didn't want Cloke.
I don't like either player but Cam Cloke would be feeling like crap right now, knowing that his coach doesn't have faith in him.

Anyone know where he is going to play next year now, any chance he will play in the SANFL?? Or anyone know where Kellaway is playing next year?

Zantuck's have business interests in QLD - that is where Ty played this year. Aside from all his attitude / off-field problems people overlook the fact that he is a 184cm guy who doesn't play midfield and had his best footy at FF or as a stay-at-home defender. Hardy the type of player most clubs are falling over for.

Andy Kellaway has said he will take a year to travel. No SANFL for him. Can't see him playing again other than in the Ammos or suburbs if he has some mates he wants a kick with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back