Player Watch Tyler Brown - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he's tall I wouldn't call him big bodied.

Interesting that we've talked about being inside mid and that's his preferred position, reckon I'd be a bit peeved if I was Hately Schoenberg and Pedlar and I'm looking to get into a midfield role but currently stuck behind Laird Keays Berry and Sloane and think I'm about to get my chance only for us to now be like hmmm maybe we need some height in there
He's not playing before Schoenberg or Pedlar in the midfield at this point given Pedlar is training with the forwards. Hately would need to lift his game if he wants to play AFL on a regular basis.

Well he's tall I wouldn't call him big bodied.

Interesting that we've talked about being inside mid and that's his preferred position, reckon I'd be a bit peeved if I was Hately Schoenberg and Pedlar and I'm looking to get into a midfield role but currently stuck behind Laird Keays Berry and Sloane and think I'm about to get my chance only for us to now be like hmmm maybe we need some height in there

Schoenberg and Pedlar are both 182 cm. Brown is 192cm. No idea why they would be upset since they clearly aren't big midfielders.

And I want our players to be upset. We have finished 18th, 15th, 14th the last 3 years. Players shouldn't feel safe. Hately, Schoenberg and Pedlar haven't shown brief flashes, but are by no means demanding to be best 22.

He's not playing before Schoenberg or Pedlar in the midfield at this point given Pedlar is training with the forwards. Hately would need to lift his game if he wants to play AFL on a regular basis.

Pedlar has been on the field during an AFL game 3 times in his career. You really think he is gonna be a relevant midfielder in 2023?

Pedlar couldn't even make it through the SANFL final series. Surely we use him across half forward for the the next 2 years and pray he overcomes his fragilities and can string a bunch of games together. Then we might get a return on pick 11.

Pedlar has been on the field during an AFL game 3 times in his career. You really think he is gonna be a relevant midfielder in 2023?

Pedlar couldn't even make it through the SANFL final series. Surely we use him across half forward for the the next 2 years and pray he overcomes his fragilities and can string a bunch of games together. Then we might get a return on pick 11.
Maybe I should have been clearer Tyler is not playing in our best 22 ahead of either Schoenberg or Pedlar who are both locks if fit and firing, Schoenberg midfield and Pedlar forward and given Pedlar is training with the forwards that's likely where he'll play mostly until he builds up his fitness and ability to stay on the park. Hately would be the competitor for the role it seems most likely we have earmarked for Tyler.

I'm yet to be convinced either Brown or Hately are going to be best starting 22 if everyone is fit.

What I will say is Pedlar will be a very relevant player wherever he plays if fit and firing.

Possibly the club determined that for one year the club was better off with a mid aged player to help set training standards and drive internal success rather than keeping a spot vacant.
Next year we will be recruiting hard, this is a free shot to back up the midfield and sanfl team.
There are unlikely to be high hopes for the individual to enter get off the rookie list, that's not why Brown is here.
But on a personal level, good luck and if you're good enough I'd be stoked.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope he does well for you guys. Was always a long term project and really improved in VFL last year were he was a class above but has never really done anything AFL. I genuinely think he has the traits to be an A grader so well worth a punt and nothing to lose. He is still improving and an unfinished product with a high ceiling.

I also hope Madgen gets a spot on your list. Wont be in your next premiership but the guy while being an average footballer is a great leader and solid. I think he is what you need to develop younger players and defend as a team and play better. At worst he is a great pick up for your 2nds disappointed we didnt keep him for our VFL side.

Why anyone would knock a bloke who would be very cheap for what he does bring to the table (even if you think it isn't much) is beyond me. It's a freeroll. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out no big deal.

But what if it does work out?

Just reminding everyone that seldom will you find a premiership team that is fully star-studded. Plenty of bog average players doing their role. Not saying he is in our next flag but who knows. Give him a chance.

Our last grand final team had more than a few very average operators working well in a team (except when it mattered most) and we had several come from other clubs. Ch7 even made a wanky video about it. This isn't a footy coach simulation game.

Why anyone would knock a bloke who would be very cheap for what he does bring to the table (even if you think it isn't much) is beyond me. It's a freeroll. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out no big deal.

But what if it does work out?

Just reminding everyone that seldom will you find a premiership team that is fully star-studded. Plenty of bog average players doing their role. Not saying he is in our next flag but who knows. Give him a chance.

Our last grand final team had more than a few very average operators working well in a team (except when it mattered most) and we had several come from other clubs. Ch7 even made a wanky video about it. This isn't a footy coach simulation game.
Why knock a bloke who you've hardly seen play and got for nothing.

Hope he does well for you guys. Was always a long term project and really improved in VFL last year were he was a class above but has never really done anything AFL. I genuinely think he has the traits to be an A grader so well worth a punt and nothing to lose. He is still improving and an unfinished product with a high ceiling.

I also hope Madgen gets a spot on your list. Wont be in your next premiership but the guy while being an average footballer is a great leader and solid. I think he is what you need to develop younger players and defend as a team and play better. At worst he is a great pick up for your 2nds disappointed we didnt keep him for our VFL side.
Why would a father son with all his development be a long term project and still an unfinished product after 5 years on the list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you have gone for?

I'd have given an 18 year old a crack personally.

Probably running back/winger Jonti Schuback who has top end speed, agility and a laser boot.

SA lads Shaun Bennier and Brodie Tuck as KPD development might have been worth a shot as would 20 year old athletic ruck/forward Toby Murray.

Obviously our recruiting team rate Tyler Brown to sign him up this early though so you would think we've been tracking him closely in the AFl/VFL?

Of course maybe there was another suitor as it seems hasty to sign him so early?

Don't we still have another spot though? If those other guys were on the radar, we could still grab them.

Hamill - Averages 10 touches a game 127 metres gained (Butts and Murray provide more run than Hamill)

Parnell - Averages 11 touches a game and 200 metres gained.

We sure these guys are running rebounding defenders?
Do R50s and metres gained include the kick off after points?

I also hope Madgen gets a spot on your list. Wont be in your next premiership but the guy while being an average footballer is a great leader and solid.
I noticed this a bit today, at one stage the whistle went for everyone to finish the drill and come into listen to Nicksy.
Murray was down on the ground after a solid tackle on him, everyone went in and Murray was still clearly suffering, Jack came in from what he was doing away from the main group and helped him up and gave him some encouragement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back