Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be five years at the end of the season. He needs to start showing something but there’s plenty of 2022 left in the pipeline.

Yeah. Kids mature at their own rate. Was always seen as a longer term project afaik. Losing so much development time to injury hasn’t helped him. Having the quality of the development exposure compromised due to Covid hasn’t helped. Still only 22 and starting to show a bit. Pretty confident he’ll get an extension for at least 2023.

Yeah. Kids mature at their own rate. Was always seen as a longer term project afaik. Losing so much development time to injury hasn’t helped him. Having the quality of the development exposure compromised due to Covid hasn’t helped. Still only 22 and starting to show a bit. Pretty confident he’ll get an extension for at least 2023.
I think he'll get an extension, as he's clearly still improving - he wouldn't want to plateau though.

70% game time again? If we are building it up, then need to keep him in the seniors to see what he can do with a bit more opportunity in game.

I'm not sure why his TOG numbers are always low though, is it a tank thing? Spot in the midfield pecking order?

Personally, I'd keep him in for at least 10 games straight, try and build some confidence in the young fella

70% game time again? If we are building it up, then need to keep him in the seniors to see what he can do with a bit more opportunity in game.

I'm not sure why his TOG numbers are always low though, is it a tank thing? Spot in the midfield pecking order?

Personally, I'd keep him in for at least 10 games straight, try and build some confidence in the young fella
70% is on the lower end but it’s not unreasonable for the last picked midfielder. 80% would be average.

Tyler exhausts himself so much doing the defensive one percenters that when he wins a possession in space with time he moves as if he is in quicksand and struggles to deliver a decent kick to advantage. I could almost see the lactic acid surging through his body in that last quarter.

Feel he needs a bit more core strength. In the VFL he’s breaking or standing up in the tackles he’s not getting through at senior level.

Tyler exhausts himself so much doing the defensive one percenters that when he wins a possession in space with time he moves as if he is in quicksand and struggles to deliver a decent kick to advantage. I could almost see the lactic acid surging through his body in that last quarter.
I could almost see the indecision in his eyes every time he got the ball. I'd keep playing him for a few more weeks to make sure he hasn't been hiding something. His brother I have seen enough of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably my biggest Cwood hot take atm is that I think T. Brown could be a 150 gamer for the club.

He will need to take this current opportunity by the scruff of the neck. He still suffers from the same malady as his brother; once he gets the ball he tries to dispose of it immediately and by any means possible. He needs to either recognise he has time, and pick a dangerous option, or create time and space and make his disposals hurt (preferably the opposition).

Still better form than the Browns.

I’m on the record as stating McInnes is the kid that most excites me from the last 2 draft cohorts (ND excluded) but the Brown hyperbole is ridiculous. Both the Browns have BOGs at VFL level. McInnes has never been close to that. Starting to think this board has been inundated with Carlton supporters.

His strength is he can compete in the air.
Maybe being a false ruck for lack of a better term is his go,
He can cover the ground, he can compete in the air and he will be better than any other second ruck at ground level.

He was better today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back