Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Been showing some glimpses for a while now. The only problem with half back is that we are pretty stacked in that position. Howe, IQ, Maynard, Madgen, Murphy, Ruscoe can all play that sort of role. Not to mention we have Noble, Pendlebury and N Daicos playing there as well. But we are light on for that inside mid. We only really have Adams, Tyler and Callum in that role.

Perhaps it was the scoreboard, but i thought he just looked more 'in' the game today as opposed to just not looking part of the contest.
Even his body language looked better, more confident, at times accelerated with the ball and to feature in a string of play. i think he enjoyed a little extra time and space the role he played allowed and looked as thought he belonged at the level.
Hope it's the start of a sustained period of improvement that gets him to a level of being a good, regular best 22 player

Definitely improving each week. As Bucks said, he doesn't get enough of it to be a midfielder. If Cox is out then maybe he can go into the ruck against Silvagni next week.

Perhaps it was the scoreboard, but i thought he just looked more 'in' the game today as opposed to just not looking part of the contest.
Even his body language looked better, more confident, at times accelerated with the ball and to feature in a string of play. i think he enjoyed a little extra time and space the role he played allowed and looked as thought he belonged at the level.
Hope it's the start of a sustained period of improvement that gets him to a level of being a good, regular best 22 player
His first quarter was s**t, second quarter had two good involvements but frustratingly did nothing else. His second half he showed his potential, he got more of the ball in a half than I can remember and showed his athleticism

I actually really liked his competitiveness in the air. I’m not sure if I like the idea of rolling him out as second ruck every week - but if there’s a role for him to use his surprisingly decent aerial competitiveness, I’m all for it.

I'd play him in the same role next week. Longer term, I'd be looking at him in defence.

Showed some good signs today, it’s much easier if you have a license to run and do what you like. Playing roles, blocking and creating space for others is a thankless task.

Tough conditions tonight, although his possession count wasn’t high he impacted a lot of plays through deft touches, bumps, tackles and obviously competed well in the air going for marks. I would t mind exploring his aerial abilities a bit more in the backline…we’ll need some extra fists down there against a tall Carlton outfit.

Last edited:
12 touches, and half of them were handballs or kicks in congestion that went to no one... What is he meant to be? He ain't a midfielder that's for sure.
He contributed to a great win.

Tough conditions tonight, although his possession count wasn’t high he impacted a lot of plays through deft touches, bumbs, tackles and obviously competed well in the air going for marks.
This is why I don’t place the same emphasis on stats that others do.

This is why I don’t place the same emphasis on stats that others do.
Freo also had the top three or four disposal getters in the game, and it’s the main reason they lost.

T Brown will battle to hold his spot long term but at the moment he deserves to play against Carlton.

T Brown will battle to hold his spot long term
Depends how much his confidence improves.
He started flying for marks yesterday and he ran with the ball and kicked long into the forward line.
To me these are little signs he’s freeing up a little.
I hope it continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends how much his confidence improves.
He started flying for marks yesterday and he ran with the ball and kicked long into the forward line.
To me these are little signs he’s freeing up a little.
I hope it continues.
If he can consistently attack the footy rather than spending so much time looking hesitant and reactive, we'll have a player. Bloody weird to have a bloke who launched so well in packs when it was his role, yet who generally never launches in packs. Back yourself Tyler. Good size, good athlete and his ball handling is clean.

If he can consistently attack the footy rather than spending so much time looking hesitant and reactive, we'll have a player. Bloody weird to have a bloke who launched so well in packs when it was his role, yet who generally never launches in packs. Back yourself Tyler. Good size, good athlete and his ball handling is clean.
giving him ruck minutes will improve his overall game. It's as you said, he just nedds to keep hitting packs with eyes only for the ball and he will become a very good player

He doesn't know how to hunt the ground ball and is generally terrible below the knees. He did however look very comfortable playing his role yesterday by attacking packs with more freedom and tackling with intent. Lets hope he can build on this and start showing some consistent aggression out there as he is a very good size.

I thought he was ok last night but I also think he looms now as the obvious out given we will need to bring Begg back in if Cox is out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe so , tough dropping anybody…. Mccreery might be another option. Whoever goes out will be unlucky and will probably be the sub.

Or maybe they won’t bring Begg in.

Maybe so , tough dropping anybody…. Mccreery might be another option. Whoever goes out will be unlucky and will probably be the sub.

Or maybe they won’t bring Begg in.
I don't think they will. Cameron to continue in first ruck with Tyler chopping him out around the ground. The medium talls did really well in those hotspot forward contests yesterday - much better than what you'd get from Begg when playing forward. Plus around the ground, Tyler did a lot better in marking contests than we were getting from Begg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back