Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering he would've been the 2nd fastest kid at the combine you are a mile off. But its not unusual for you to be so far off so thats why I asked for the link.
Bite me

If he wasnt a Brown would we have drafted him? Averaging low teens in tac isnt great.

I hope he was playing dead like Daicos.
Interesting query.
Port wanted him, so it seems he was draft worthy.

I'd think quite a few later drafting is considered if a youngster has good pedigree.
If there is say five players to choose from late, with one pick, all thing being equal, no issue if they choose on genetics ie the father was a gun player.

Well another club bid pick 50 on him so it wasn't just us that thought he was worth something around that.
I love the romanticism of the whole father son thing.
Happy for the club to take a punt, if it doesn't work out then so be it.
But if the lads have got half the attitude that their father had then they will both be handy players.
Everything you hear, their attitudes are bang on.
Callum apparantly just wants to learn, does everything you ask of him.
They're beauties.
Let's just say if they had the pure talent of say stringer, you'd never worry about him opening the package in the wrong way.

I don't think Measurements are Very Accurate
Actually measurements are totally accurate.
By their nature they are measurements.

It's when people don't take accurate measurements problems occur.

But you're right in some way, there's a lot of mayo placed for agendas in these things.

He looks good In heavy traffic like his brother

Geez. You made a Mountain out of a Ant Hole. I was just saying that they are not the Super Accurate even to the Naked Eye
Remember the ongoing debate RE Jackson Paine’s height.
He grew 2-3cm after the flight from Melbourne to Brisbane (something to do with cabin pressure I presume).
Supporters can be obsessed with player measurements, however once a player walks through the door, the Club doesn’t seem to worry too much about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting query.
Port wanted him, so it seems he was draft worthy.

I'd think quite a few later drafting is considered if a youngster has good pedigree.
If there is say five players to choose from late, with one pick, all thing being equal, no issue if they choose on genetics ie the father was a gun player.
Environment could also play a factor.

If he wasnt a Brown would we have drafted him? Averaging low teens in tac isnt great.

I hope he was playing dead like Daicos.

But he IS a Brown. Genetics are part of the recruitment decision making process. Port saw that and bid on him. There have been enough successful father sons over the years (and some uber successful) to say that Brown is worth drafting.

Definitely true however being a father son puts you in a better line of sight for recriuters. And probably yes, they can afford to play dead. Or play school footy instead of TAC Cup. Much easier to make the call when you know what the old man has achieved in the past.

But he IS a Brown. Genetics are part of the recruitment decision making process. Port saw that and bid on him. There have been enough successful father sons over the years (and some uber successful) to say that Brown is worth drafting.

Definitely true however being a father son puts you in a better line of sight for recriuters. And probably yes, they can afford to play dead. Or play school footy instead of TAC Cup. Much easier to make the call when you know what the old man has achieved in the past.

I feel for the kids who perform better and never get a chance. There would be a stack that played better than him and didn't get a chance.

I feel for the kids who perform better and never get a chance. There would be a stack that played better than him and didn't get a chance.

Maybe, but s**t happens. Recruitment is not about rewarding the best TAC players. Its rewarding those who the selectors believe can be developed into AFL players. Thats not necessarily the same group of people. There are many top line TAC players and indeed Morrish medallists who never got recruited for one reason or another. Its nothing to do with father-sons unfairly stealing their spots. How you play in TAC is only part of the puzzle.

I think they took the two boys to make sure they get the younger sister for the netball team. A bit like the Cloke tactics.

I think they took the two boys to make sure they get the younger sister for the netball team. A bit like the Cloke tactics.

dfWGP3E.gif

You have a point if they would have the requisite talent to be 100 game players, not players lucky to scrabble a few games together.

I'm guessing Port and ofcourse us are looking at Tyler and thinking if he projects he might match his work ethic to talent.

So Tyler is a lesser risk than say hoping a Matthew Goodyear type can go on with it.

But your point that many lesser known players without the father, don't even get an opportunity, is very valid.

It's a ruthless game in many ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back