Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fear of failure becomes all consuming and a paralyzing factor, manifesting as indecision, and skill errors on game day.
Which is exactly what we see with CB.

I could almost bet his decision making and skills are fine at training and more consistent with his 2019 highlights.
I think the issue with the Brown boys is maturity and not skills. They seem to be late bloomers. You might want to give them a couple of more years to mature mentally and physically.

I noticed Tyler has been omitted. But who is replacing him?
McCreery. They don't call the sub an in. Confuses me every time. So Tyler may have been omitted and if he's the sub, then he hasn't been omitted, despite being omitted.

Or if McCreery wasn't in the 22 this week, he would have broken the laws of physics by being omitted, not playing and then being omitted again...

Last edited:
And anyone could easily list dozens of examples of list cloggers taking up valuable list spots for 6+ years and never doing anything.

Yes that’s and most of them aren’t going to be father sons.

There seems to be a theory that brown is getting a free ride because of who his father is. Sier had a good run too. So did Blair. Some players will just get more time than others for a variety of reasons.

I’d like to see a bit of evidence that nepotism has that much of an effect on players careers.

For every Tyler Brown who is getting a decent go there’s a Jackson barham who was flicked early. Or a James
Kelly who was passed over completely.

Surely Kennedy at Carlton is a perfect example of what happens when you show some patience. He’s only just made the grade this year at age 25.
By perfect do you mean he was dominant at U18 level and VFL level with vastly more talent than Brown? He also hasn’t “just made the grade” this year. Kennedy was showing this form as far back as 2020 it just took a change of coach for everyone to figure it out. A more apt comparison is Drew, but even then Drew was vastly more dominant at the lower levels than Brown.
Break out game coming up for Tyler.
Watch this space…
This aged well!

By perfect do you mean he was dominant at U18 level and VFL level with vastly more talent than Brown?

This aged well!
He hasn’t been delisted. It might be your comment that doesn’t age well.
Bit like your stuff on Noble.

He hasn’t been delisted. It might be your comment that doesn’t age well.
Bit like your stuff on Noble.
It will considering he was dropped.

Twice in two weeks with the Noble one it’s good to see it lives rent free in your mind!
let it go GIF

It will considering he was dropped.

Twice in two weeks with the Noble one it’s good to see it lives rent free in your mind!
let it go GIF
I’ve let it go and am happy you admit you were wrong. Tried to tell you at the time but you got the hump.

Think you might be wrong about Tyler too.

I’ve let it go and am happy you admit you were wrong. Tried to tell you at the time but you got the hump.

Think you might be wrong about Tyler too.
I’ve been critical of Noble, but I’ve always begrudgingly acknowledged he’s best 22 in this current Collingwood team because he does the one thing Brown can’t, find the ball. Let’s also not forget that Noble is an established senior player that was dropped 6 weeks ago so for every game we saw like Sunday we still see howlers like v WC.

It is an interesting comment though in the context of my post because trait wise Brown has everything Noble doesn’t. Traits only take you so far… A little tip for you a more accurate way to try and point score over me is Murphy. I was overly critical out of 2021 and I believe he’s now fitness away from delivering what was on offer late in 2018.

For a little further context around Brown’s ineffectiveness he ranks at 400 for possessions per game with the quality of ball winners like Flynn, Collins, Cameron and Fort ahead of him. Oh to have a surname of Brown and be 190cm+…
It’s a bit rich coming from the guy who said Cox and Cameron wouldn’t be adequate.
Jmac’s posting history is littered with this type of commentary and I’m not keen to go there because I know my criticism of Noble was fair and accurate. The key difference between Noble and Brown is I always acknowledged Noble could do it at the top level whereas Brown can’t, IMO. I’m fully prepared to own it when I get them wrong anyway because it’s BigFooty who cares.

Current coaches and selection committee have wised-up to the limitations of the Browns much faster than the previous coaches/selectors.

Faster evaluation of players’ likely contribution to team success is important in fast-tracking our return to contending for premierships. Under Buckley’s reign, we held onto list cloggers for far too long.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Current coaches and selection committee have wised-up to the limitations of the Browns much faster than the previous coaches/selectors.

Faster evaluation of players’ likely contribution to team success is important in fast-tracking our return to contending for premierships. Under Buckley’s reign, we held onto list cloggers for far too long.

Tyler will be back. Hei s currently one injury or form slump out of the team. Even if Carmichael comes in flying, it'll still only be 2 injuries away as he'll outperform Macrae and Poulter in the ressies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyler will be back. Hei s currently one injury or form slump out of the team. Even if Carmichael comes in flying, it'll still only be 2 injuries away as he'll outperform Macrae and Poulter in the ressies

Perhaps….but I think I think development of others will be preferred. McInnes is same size as Tyler and he can actually lead, mark and kick. Ash Johnson and Poulter too. Our new mid-season draftee also looks a direct competitor for Tyler. I think both Browns will be permanent VFL players in 2023. Sooner in Cal’s case.

Perhaps….but I think I think development of others will be preferred. McInnes is same size as Tyler and he can actually lead, mark and kick. Ash Johnson and Poulter too. Our new mid-season draftee also looks a direct competitor for Tyler. I think both Browns will be permanent VFL players in 2023. Sooner in Cal’s case.

I don't like Callum chances.

Tyler Brown is turning 23 and still is a VFL standard player with very limited ability and not much athleticism....

I don't like Callum chances.

Yep, after 70-odd games of near-zero impact, I think a line has, at last, been put through Cal’s name. He certainly cannot complain about not getting enough chances to prove himself. Jury still out on Tyler but I think he’s on the slide and won’t get the luxury of as many games as Cal before a decision is made. Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong.

Am sensing exactly this JMac !

Will be best breakout game against Hawks since Ricky Barham slotted 5

3 goals 1, 16 possessions, 4 tackles

Wish I was at the game to give his Mum a hug

I followed JMac into Afghanistan

All because I like Tyler’s Mum

Would be hard work on this board if I was Callum and Tyler’s StepDad

Surely Kennedy at Carlton is a perfect example of what happens when you show some patience. He’s only just made the grade this year at age 25.
The same Kennedy who averaged 17 disposals in his second season? Kennedy has always had an ability to find the footy, which is a huge point of difference between he and Tyler.

I followed JMac into Afghanistan

All because I like Tyler’s Mum

Would be hard work on this board if I was Callum and Tyler’s StepDad

If Gavin and mrs Gavin were both in bed Walt, who's side would you jump on?

The same Kennedy who averaged 17 disposals in his second season? Kennedy has always had an ability to find the footy, which is a huge point of difference between he and Tyler.
Maybe so but by Kennedy’s own admission he thought his career was over a year ago.

I’m not saying Brown needs the same degree of patience (maybe one more year to see what he can produce) but just that all players develop differently.

That's true. He showed some real signs of becoming a regular in the seniors. I also recall Tyler showing more class and dash in the past. He seems to be very dour and conservative in his whole approach to the game this year.

I think both boys have been Buckley'd

When they both started they were in and under get the ball forward at all costs then I reckon Mr Buckley got into their heads

stop prop look backwards and sideways as your first option then if nothing handball at all costs

Sadly I think Callum is to far gone but hopefully as Tyler has shown sometimes in the last couple of games he can be repaired

as he was supposed to be the better of the 2

Sier got a few years on our list based on the promise we saw over a few games.

Drafting youth is a risky process full of unknowns. People do back genes and environment so Ι guess you're right; sons of players maybe do get an extra year or 2 in the system.

Not sure that's a bad thing.

I remember some were doubting Josh Daicos in his first couple of years. Too weak, too slow, only got drafted because of his dad.

We're now glad the club stuck with him.

We've seen very little from Tyler at the senior level but we don't see everything the coaches see. Your ideas are pertinent, especially about Ed's objectivity.

P.S: I can't be objective about Collingwood either which is the only reason I'm not president. :)

Sier had genuinely good games that showed his promise as in both dominant VFL games and very good games of AFL. Sier was also a big unit pitty he didn't have the mentality of Taylor Adams or we would of had a bloody good inside option.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back