Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have 15 listed players in that squad and I’d be confident about 3 of them could play a role if called upon. I don’t know what to make of it.

Is a bit thin given that the 15 players includes Daicos and the senior emergencies. Take the positive, that's 15 players we've got developing which should hold us in good stead going forward.

We have 15 listed players in that squad and I’d be confident about 3 of them could play a role if called upon. I don’t know what to make of it.
We've loaded up on speculative talls. If you're not in the habit of using early draft picks on talls, you've really got to unbalance the bottom end of your list with a fair few punts that are a long way off.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
When you look at the VFL team we're a little light on for alternatives.

Collingwood
B: 31. F. Appleby, 47. M. Keane, 67. M. Smith
HB: 6. T. Goldsack, 44. J. Madgen, 73. A. Oxley
C: 64. C. Lane, 34. T. Brown, 49. J. Noble
HF: 29. T. Broomhead, 59. S. Glover, 63. C. Wellings
F: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 43. A. Tohill, 54. A. Gallucci
R: 45. M. Lynch, 50. A. Woodward, 56. C. Hustwaite
Int: 39. B. Crocker, 26. J. Daicos, 53. J. Hellier, 61. S. Hetherington, 35. I. Quaynor, 12. M. Scharenberg, 51. L. Tardrew, 48. T. Wilson
23P: 74. R. Smith
No I still find it surprising, there's others there you would automatically have before him, and he's been injured just like them and hasn't been back very long either

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d love to see Tyler play but not till he’s ready and it’s best for the team.

Same really for any player.

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tyler can do some freakish things but is very light ATM. I remember his dad was very light when he first started but on some serious size quite quickly, Callum is starting to fill out nicely so i reckon tyler will put on a bit over summer and then watch out next year.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tyler can do some freakish things but is very light ATM. I remember his dad was very light when he first started but on some serious size quite quickly, Callum is starting to fill out nicely so i reckon tyler will put on a bit over summer and then watch out next year.
He has some chunky legs. He’ll definitely fill out quickly imo.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has some chunky legs. He’ll definitely fill out quickly imo.
Both boys are like junior Gavin’s. (Genes and all that.)

But both throw to their dad look wise, behaviour wise, work ethic wise.
So they have a lot going for them.

Good young men.

Be fun watching them blossom.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
No I still find it surprising, there's others there you would automatically have before him, and he's been injured just like them and hasn't been back very long either

They'd know what sort of coverage they want and who is best placed to provide it. He'd be 1 of the few they'd think could be dropped forward, midfield or back

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is he contracted for next year? He'll want to start playing some good vfl footy soon.
Tyler Brown?

Yes he is. Up until end of 2020.
He’s progressing from what I gather, shoulder injury notwithstanding.
I think he’s viewed quite highly.

Has another strong pre-season to further consolidate and we’ll see him and where he stands next season.

Anything this year is a bonus in my view.
Taller than his brother but gee they look alike (which shouldn’t surprise).

Interesting factoid: Gavin Brown is a twin (sister so obviously not identical).

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe, but 2 years on the list and still only a solid vfl player. Hopefully there's a big development spike soon.

The kid is progressing fine. He started a long way back and has had some injury issues but the club will be patient.

Personally I think there is more upside to him over his brother or Josh Daicos. He is taller and quicker, although Callum is improving in this area.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is he contracted for next year? He'll want to start playing some good vfl footy soon.

Just returned from a shoulder injury.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Taking far too long to have an impact. All this talk in preseason about improving a lot, hasn't resulted in dominating displays. Package him with Daicos and others and try to get a draft pick for him.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Taking far too long to have an impact. All this talk in preseason about improving a lot, hasn't resulted in dominating displays. Package him with Daicos and others and try to get a draft pick for him.
Well seeing as he has been injured for a large chunk of the season that’s a pretty ludicrous call. The kid has a lot of filling out to do but he is only 19. He’s not someone that’s going to go out and get give you 25 touches but with his limited impact he has shown glipses. One to persist with imo.

Fwiw he was the carry over emergency for the weekend so he must be impressing someone.

Well seeing as he has been injured for a large chunk of the season that’s a pretty ludicrous call. The kid has a lot of filling out to do but he is only 19. He’s not someone that’s going to go out and get give you 25 touches but with his limited impact he has shown glipses. One to persist with imo.

Fwiw he was the carry over emergency for the weekend so he must be impressing someone.
Look at the poster. Pretty sure he was taking the piss

Back