Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the no crowd will really help young players as the leaders provide them with direction.

Hoping when the crowds eventually come back (next year?) he isn't overawed by the occasion. But we'll worry about that when it happens.

It'll be a lot easier to deal with the crowds once he has found his feet at AFL level

My hot take.

Buckley has become quite adept at reading the emotional cues of this group. With Treloar out against such a strong contested ball group (Bont, Macrae and Dunkley) it would have been easy to fall into the trap of playing the big body in Wills. As subtle as it was playing the son of a gun debutant with so much uncertainty around the game was the right nudge for the group.

Tyler will have his ups and downs in 2020 and probably won’t begin to blossom into the player they see internally until 2022, but while the grounds are firm he’s the right player in our mix especially with shortened quarters. The next step for him is to find that balance between kicking and handballing because the accumulation will come as his body and confidence in his role in the system develops.
Without the VFL competition this year, if they see real potential in some of these younger guys they need to play them or miss a big chunk of development throughout the year. It’s almost a case of fast track them or see what happens in a years time. It will be a challenging year for some on the cusp of selection.

Without the VFL competition this year, if they see real potential in some of these younger guys they need to play them or miss a big chunk of development throughout the year. It’s almost a case of fast track them or see what happens in a years time. It will be a challenging year for some on the cusp of selection.
It will be the same for all clubs, the development guys are certainly going to earn their money this year

For players who are trying to save there career or back from injury

Scharenberg
Broomhead
Sier
Varcoe
Greenwood
Dunn

How do they do this

For players who are trying to save there career or back from injury

Scharenberg
Broomhead
Sier
Varcoe
Greenwood
Dunn

How do they do this

Train the house down, work on weaknesses, keep seeking feedback from coaches, and pray for an opening. There will be fewer opportunities this year but if we have to squeeze 3-4 games in 16 days some of the above will get a look-in.

Tyler has a higher ceiling than Callum, both literally and metaphorically.

He reminds me of a young Pendlebury the way he moves.It looks like we’ve got a very good long term prospect here.

Both the Brown boys seem very good workers in heavy traffic.

i also wonder the club may believe that there is a real possibility that there is no real chance of the season going deep in finals so therefore may just play the kids to get afl experience

You’d think it’s game over for a few of the older blokes in that instance.
yes and no. i wonder the likes of varcoe and Greenwood to you say look wipe your pay this year and we will guarantee you a list spot next year. but in all likely hood yes, i think we may have seen the last of Greenwood, Dunn, Varcoe, Ried.. Perhaps next year we can have an all star game from all club champions that have retired this year and missed out on a last hurrah

yes and no. i wonder the likes of varcoe and Greenwood to you say look wipe your pay this year and we will guarantee you a list spot next year. but in all likely hood yes, i think we may have seen the last of Greenwood, Dunn, Varcoe, Ried.. Perhaps next year we can have an all star game from all club champions that have retired this year and missed out on a last hurrah
Sad way to end a career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect time for this young bloke to hit nothing but weights. He’s going to be unstoppable through the middle once he puts on more upper body size.
One thing guaranteed, the Brown Boys will do everything required then some.

The Nat Fyfe comparisons to Tyler Brown were starting to get thrown around about 18 months ago. At the time they were just flashes and glimpses but now you can see why they'd be willing to make such an outlandish comparison. I really hope Tyler has at least another 5kg of muscle growth left in him.

The way Tyler jumps at the ball in marking contest is promising. I can't see him ever consistently clunking them like Fyfe does, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our strongest midfield marking target.

The kid is on track to be a star, i am usually circumspect with the younger players but there are no concerns of egos getting in the way in the brown household.
I love his ability to make time and space and create the right option. He will get better with size and confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back