Unsolved Tynong North Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh one more thing the first bodies at tynong were not found before narumol's body was dumped unless he kept it for a month which is not likely she was t
aken in Nov 1980 and those bodies at tynong were found in Dec 1980 I was right about that so my theory on why she may have been dumped there still makes sense wether it's the reason why he did it or not Ive just checked the dates.
There's a facebook group dedicated to reminding the public about this unsolved case. "Rembering a cold case - Tynong 35 years on" its well worth a look.
Theres also a sensing murder episode based on Catherine Headlands disappearance thar can be found on youtube under Sensing murder - the last goodbye.
Strangely enough, that particular episode never aired in Australia and despite being listed in the dvd box set as a featured episode, it isn't included but replaced with a different episode.

Underbelly 6 - chapter 4 I think it is is dedicated to the Bodies in the bushes. John Sylvester and Andrew Rule are both fantastic journalists and I've spoken to them both personally regarding this case in the past.
Scott Russell Hill also has a book that has a breif mention of the tynong case, but given he was a psychic on the episode of sensing murder that never went to air - one can only assume that a legality forbid him from divulging in much regarding the case because in comparison to his writings on the other cases, his exceptionally vague when he touches base on the Tynong case.

I'm curious who your friend recently met that was a friend of Catherine Headlands... she might be a friend of mine. :)

What's the underbelly reference for ? Herald sun journalism , I'll leave that alone

I'm not sure what you mean?

The underbelly series is dedicated to the Melbourne crime scene and despite some of the novel's being turned into TV series, there are quite a few lesser known novels - such as the one mentioned - that highlight other cases that the authors have reported on or have a interest in.

I'm not sure what you mean?

The underbelly series is dedicated to the Melbourne crime scene and despite some of the novel's being turned into TV series, there are quite a few lesser known novels - such as the one mentioned - that highlight other cases that the authors have reported on or have a interest in.

The journos you speak of are as bent as bessina , your original post makes no sense , I watched the episode you quoted , and couldn't find any cross reference to the deplorable acts that happened at tyong
Does anyone have any idea where Harry brown now resides ?

I found it interesting that the suspect who worked for greater union in the city,he worked at the Mayfair when greater union who owned it opened up a new cinema 100 m away,Malcolm Clarke a convicted murderer also worked for greater union an an assistant projectionist at the new one,they both did the same job for the same company at the same time 100m apart and there would be a good chance they new eachother.interesting Clarke lived in a caravan intermittently at the back of his dads west Brunswick property only 2 blocks from where tynong nth victim naramol Stephenson lived.a lot of coincidence in this case. Edit -this came from the book blackened tanner.

Last edited:
The journos you speak of are as bent as bessina , your original post makes no sense , I watched the episode you quoted , and couldn't find any cross reference to the deplorable acts that happened at tyong
Does anyone have any idea where Harry brown now resides ?
Im not sure what episode you're referring to??? I don't know what you're talking about regarding there being no cross reference to Tynong in a episode of anything you might have watched other than the Sensing murder episode and thats based on Tynong..
From my personal experiences of dealing with John Sylvester I've found him to be exceptionally professional and good at himms job, so I can't really comment on what I don't know or haven't experienced first hand.
Janman resides in Frankston north from what I understand.

I found it interesting that the suspect who worked for greater union in the city,he worked at the Mayfair when greater union who owned it opened up a new cinema 100 m away,Malcolm Clarke a convicted murderer also worked for greater union an an assistant projectionist at the new one,they both did the same job for the same company at the same time 100m apart and there would be a good chance they new eachother.interesting Clarke lived in a caravan intermittently at the back of his dads west Brunswick property only 2 blocks from where tynong nth victim naramol Stephenson lived.a lot of coincidence in this case. Edit -this came from the book blackened tanner.
Police had a suspect for Mrs Stephensons murder. I'm not sure who the believed it was, but it wasn't connected to the other Tynong victims. They didn't have enough evidence so there were no charges laid. I could be wrong, but I think that suspect has since died.

He's a
Im not sure what episode you're referring to??? I don't know what you're talking about regarding there being no cross reference to Tynong in a episode of anything you might have watched other than the Sensing murder episode and thats based on Tynong..
From my personal experiences of dealing with John Sylvester I've found him to be exceptionally professional and good at himms job, so I can't really comment on what I don't know or haven't experienced first hand.
Janman resides in Frankston north from what I understand.

How do I get hold of janman?

Another of those cases where the police are certain they know who did it but dont have enough evidence to prosecute. They've even gone as far as sayng the suspect was a cinema operator, and what specific model car he drove. Back in 2001 the Herald Sun even printed his name and photo saying he's the main suspect

They came out a couple of years ago again asking for information (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/help-crack-a-cold-case/story-e6frf7kx-1225911626242). The guy they strongly suspect still lives in Melbourne and they apparantly hope his wife comes around and withdraws her alibi for him.

More information from a Four Corners show at http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/stories/s263277.htm

Quite a frightening case, and a strange one where he seemed to stop committing murders when the police got too close. Serial killers dont usually do that. And I agree with you Jane, very surprised this one doesn't get much publicity. I guess no one wants to think there is a serial killer still going unpunished and living in the community
I'm thinking about writing a book upon these murders, just starting research .... Anyone with information that could help ...
Will be appreciated.

I knew Harold back in 2000 - 2001, he drove a bus for special needs children to and from school and my son was on his bus. He lived nearby but had left the bus driving due to "not passing the eyesight test" as he had a lazy eye. Last heard he was living in a caravan park in Frankston, wife died in 2006.

I worked with him at the bus company also until he left/ made redundant as a bus fueller.
I've got a few articles on him from older papers as well. One day all the press turned up at work and the story broke.. so we all knew about his past.

But the funny thing is I saw him last week at Karingal shops.
He's living in a caravan park last i heard and was with a woman who probably is a new partner.. I didn't want to engage conversation, I keep my distance from him.
I think he is a person to be careful of, I found him to be sleazy and suggestive at times, but a perfect gentleman other times.
He's not a fool either, he presents as a harmless old man. I have other female work associate that would say he has tightened scarves around her neck in gest, and offer to walk her to her car after late night shifts.
I know your innocent until proven guilty, surely DNA tests these days could confirm or debunk his case... why would police keep quiet, I'm not sure why.
I spoke to crime stoppers who were well aware of him and say that they need any info available.
He's potentially got away with murder-many in fact.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked with him at the bus company also until he left/ made redundant as a bus fueller.
I've got a few articles on him from older papers as well. One day all the press turned up at work and the story broke.. so we all knew about his past.

But the funny thing is I saw him last week at Karingal shops.
He's living in a caravan park last i heard and was with a woman who probably is a new partner.. I didn't want to engage conversation, I keep my distance from him.
I think he is a person to be careful of, I found him to be sleazy and suggestive at times, but a perfect gentleman other times.
He's not a fool either, he presents as a harmless old man. I have other female work associate that would say he has tightened scarves around her neck in gest, and offer to walk her to her car after late night shifts.
I know your innocent until proven guilty, surely DNA tests these days could confirm or debunk his case... why would police keep quiet, I'm not sure why.
I spoke to crime stoppers who were well aware of him and say that they need any info available.
He's potentially got away with murder-many in fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back