Typical week night evening after work?

Remove this Banner Ad

depends on whether i have my kids or not, i have them 50:50

if i dont, i will work a bit later, maybe to 6, then walk to check my mail (thats a 1km walk to my mailbox, so 2km return walk minimum, sometimes i will walk double that around the forest and paths). then eat around 7 (usually have something cooking in slowcooker all day). then either head to gf's house or if i want a solo night, watch some tv until about 9, bed by 930. i am up by 5/530 most days and out for a 30-45 min walk first up.

if i have kids, from about 3pm onwards its all different as i have school pick ups and then in and out of my office doing work and sorting out dinner while kids do their thing. Dinner about 630. if i didnt walk with them in morning we will walk either before dinner or after. if we did walk we will chill and watch a tv show together. young one heads to bed about 745ish, older one about 815ish. when they are down i watch something i want on fox or netflix.

might seem boring, but i find the walk helps break the evening up.

Lol what do you want us to do of an evening. Go bungee jumping?
It's more that so many seem so comfortable living the humdrum, wage slave existence and aren't aspiring to do something more with their life. Content to just do their mundane job and piss their free time away watching TV instead of gaining new skills and exploring other opportunities. Easier said than done I guess, and if you already love your job you probably don't need anything else.

It's more that so many seem so comfortable living the humdrum, wage slave existence and aren't aspiring to do something more with their life. Content to just do their mundane job and piss their free time away watching TV instead of gaining new skills and exploring other opportunities. Easier said than done I guess, and if you already love your job you probably don't need anything else.

Yeah i get what you are saying

For me not doing more after work is really just tiredness. Not rly opportunity or money.

Need to harden the f up probably lol

If you got skilled up wouldnt you just change jobs and do the same ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could explore ways to start your own business or work for yourself.
Would have great flexibilty with your time but I think that people really underestimate all the extra hassles and headaches that would come with working for yourself.

You didn't answer the question. What do you do that is so much more interesting than everyone else?

Most people are creatures of habit. I'm 100% comfortable with my weeknight evenings being dull or mundane to other people, they are some of the least interesting parts of the week.

I agree that if all you look forward to/strive to do in life is eat s**t and watch TV then that's a bit sad, but what % of people are leading legitimately interesting lives from say 6-10pm on weeknights?

Sometimes I feel like I've barely got time to scratch my arse when I get home. Then it's time for bed otherwise I'm simply too tired at work the next day.

Sometimes I feel like going out and doing stuff. Whether it's something energetic or social or getting a head start on mundane s**t like grocery shopping, cleaning etc doesn't really matter.

Other times I come home and cannot be ****ed. If I get home in winter and it's cold and wet, dark by 6pm and I'm tired then sign me up for cracking open a nice stout and finding a comfy spot on the couch.

You didn't answer the question. What do you do that is so much more interesting than everyone else?
I never said that I do anything more interesting than other people. I merely commented on the depressing nature of the 9-5 wage slave life of which I am begrudgingly apart of. The comment was more to do with how people just come to accept this as the norm and stop striving for any major advancement/change in their life.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back