Tyrone Vickery's regret

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by King Cold, Oct 1, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. medusala

medusala Hall of Famer

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Buddy stuffed forward line structure. Just as Rooney used to for England. re talent see Ravel Morrison, where is he playing now?

Besides after the Ty Esler debacle questions have to be asked why Vickery was drafted in the first place.

#cursedname

PetterdHoisted likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. blackcat

blackcat Brownlow Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    anthony banik innit

3. Carson Dial

Carson Dial Senior List

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Celtic
    Think he was the janitor.

4. cannot

cannot Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Morrison is owned by Lazio and would be on a pretty good wicket.

For all the shit Vickery gets hes kicked a lot of goals.

5. DickieKnee

DickieKnee Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    his greatest regret was not becoming a potato farmer. He would **** that up too. Guy needs it on a plate, gold plated ******* plate. He has no desire he is tyronne. Tex could teach him the anthem stare maybe? thats about it for tye.

6. Royce Hafey

Royce Hafey Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    We could place it next to the statue of Jordan Macmahon of glorious memory. Best goal after the siren ever!

tigs2010 likes this.
  7. yyou

yyou Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
    The team that regrets Tyra's move most must be Adelaide :cool:

8. PetterdHoisted

PetterdHoisted Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    ...a b grader that acted obnoxious, 'cause his father boxes...

9. Stevi_Tigers

Stevi_Tigers Hall of Famer

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Manchester United
    Happy he is gone he wouldn’t buy into how we wanted to play and is a lazy campaigner also doesn’t chop out in the ruck caddy and grigg offer more

10. I of the Tiger

I of the Tiger Rookie

Richmond
    Other teams:
    To be honest I am not sure we would have won the premiership if he was still on the list. We would have been tempted to keep persisting with two talls and if he played he would have undermined the pressure game we built. His trade was one of the key things that went right last off season.

Bounce likes this.
  11. dean33

dean33 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    He might have been referring to ablett senior, left the Hawks just before they started winning flags...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Rich01

Rich01 Premiership Player

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Richmond
    I don't think he would regret his decision at all. He wouldn't have got a game at Richmond this year for the same reason he did at Hawthorn- lack of second efforts, and ability to defend.

He will take his million dollars and Hawthorn will delist him at the end of 2018. That amendment to his contract that saw him get 2 years over three to stop Richmond from matching has worked out well for them now.

13. Ron The Bear

Ron The Bear Brownlow Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Didn't receive a vote in six games at the Hawthorn b&f. 2016-17 are his worst polling years.
    Think Hawthorn was doing us a favour by pushing his price up to the next bracket to qualify for second round compo.

14. Rich01

Rich01 Premiership Player

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Richmond
    Yeah they did. But it looks like it's going to end up better for them not having to have him on the list for a third year.

15. Ron The Bear

Richmond
    Other teams:
    I guess so. But Hawthorn need all the breaks they can get, right now, and Vickery's looking like dead weight.

sonnywalters likes this.
  16. muzhogg

muzhogg Senior List

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Not an easy comparison to make, I think.

Those guys are young and I think we're yet to see their best. Lids is at a stage where his ceiling isn't determined by his talent or his desire, but on his body.

Putting aside injuries, I'm inclined to think Lids is better than Graham or Townsend at this stage of their careers but who knows how they will compare with Lids after they've played a few years. If Lids was still at Richmond and fit, I'd be inclined to see him as best 22 -- but there might be others who would make way for him rather than Graham or Townsend. For me, I think Broad or Mackintosh goes out before Graham or Townsend.

17. medusala

medusala Hall of Famer

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    I raise you with Richard Lounder.

18. Rance2Mewtwo

Rance2Mewtwo Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Graham could go on to win 3 premierships with Richmond and be a great club man, who knows? He’ll be remembered as better than Deledio.

If Broad becomes a solid, reliable defender who stands up in big finals for the next 5 years, he’ll be remembered as better than Deledio too.

Townsend completely negated Lever and then killed Adelaide’s best player in a Grand Final before kicking 2 goals for us to win the premiership. If he settles into the team next year and contributes to more premierships, absolutely he gets remembered as better than Deledio.

Deledio was a great individual player, but his legacy will always be tarnished by the fact he left us when things got too tough for him.

He didn’t believe, he didn’t lead us to a premiership. Negative influence.

If there’s 1 thing I’ve learnt this year, it’s that a superior culture and team spirit will beat physical traits and silky skills every time.

Excellent culture > negative skilful individuals

19. krisholio14

krisholio14 OLD SCHOOL

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
    WTF? Why tip the bucket on a bloke who for many years was your only shining light? Richmond did the right thing moving him on, his body hasn't held up in recent years, but there is no way to my thinking that if he was still on the list this year, that you wouldn't have won the flag because of it, and that he would have been out there if fit.

Obi fella, Deep and raymond35 like this.
  20. Rance2Mewtwo

Rance2Mewtwo Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Loved him when he was here, and will remember him fondly. Best kick I’ve ever seen.

But this time last year all the talk was that he became a negative influence and was part of the problem. Apparently wanted Cotchin’s captaincy for himself.

It was rumoured that he texted his closest mates after the flag, but didn’t even text Cotchin after the premiership win, which is not very man of him. Just think he doesn’t have the emotional maturity to lead a club to a premiership, so despite being a pleasure to watch him play, the rumours suggest it’s much better for the club to have removed him from our environment... almost instantly our culture felt like a different place and we won the premiership and stood up in huge finals without him as our vice captain.

21. yodellinhank

yodellinhank Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I thought maybe Jake King was Tyrone Vickery's regret?

22. yodellinhank

yodellinhank Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    That's ok, from what everybody here has been saying our next effort will probably be league sanctioned. Nice to finally have the system working for us rather than against us.

23. muzhogg

muzhogg Senior List

Richmond
    Other teams:
    This is why I find the contrast really difficult.

On the one hand you've got a guy (Delido) who's had a pretty decent career but who some are suggesting isn't the best team man (personally, I don't know if these claims are fair or not so I don't know what to do with them) and who certainly lives under an injury cloud. On the other hand, you've got a group of young guys who are full of potential.

My estimation really disregards claims that Delidio lacks a team first attitude for the simple reason that I just don't know if these claims are fair or not. Certainly I never heard anybody from Punt Rd. suggest there is a problem, but that doesn't mean the claims aren't right -- I'd hardly expect any sort of official statement on the matter after all!

So that said, for me it could easily go either way, but I do think a fit Delidio would still be in Richmond's best 22. The only reason I brought Broad into it was because, for me, I think Delidio would bump him before Graham or Townsend. It would, however, depend very much on other player's form.

Perhaps the most negative thing I'll say about Delidio at this point is that his departure certainly hasn't hurt. He might be a tremendously skillful footballer, but whatever it is that Richmond has found this year, it's more than compensated for the loss of Delidio's skills.

Ron The Bear and Rance2Mewtwo like this.
  24. Ron The Bear

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Of course he would. It's a question of whether he'll ever be AFL-fit again.

muzhogg likes this.
  25. ThaiTiger

ThaiTiger Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Hindsight is a wonderful experience after a Premiership.

Rance2Mewtwo likes this.