Tyrone Vickery's regret

Remove this Banner Ad

TV vs Tippo, in the fullness of time how will their careers be judged?

Playing Ruck/FWD, are you just asking for the 'much maligned' tag, or was it just these two?

Playing Ruck/FWD, are you just asking for the 'much maligned' tag, or was it just these two?
Leigh Brown is an all time superstar and much loved premiership winning champion.

It’s just those two crabs.

Tippett definitely a better career. Vickery didn’t seem to have any injury problems, just wasn’t that good nor had the fire/competitive instinct to get any better.

Both played a lot more football than most ever will at the highest level, just seem like wasted talents in many ways

I did some work at punt Rd in the Maurice Rioli room years ago and saw the boys walking about the halls.
Vickery was massive..nearly seven foot and heavy.
I remember when he hit a pack and knocked Mitch Robinson cold, he just never did it enough.
Never looked hungry enough...
Leigh Brown was hungry and coachable but he was never the go to guy like those two

Tippett definitely a better career. Vickery didn’t seem to have any injury problems, just wasn’t that good nor had the fire/competitive instinct to get any better.

Both played a lot more football than most ever will at the highest level, just seem like wasted talents in many ways
You're spot on. Vickery was just no good.
Because he was an early draft pick and the Tigers had not found another tall option he survived. Finally he was moved on and I was amazed the hawks were prepared to take him on.
Very soft footballer. Players like him and Griffiths held Richmond back. A competitive small/medium player is better than a non contributing big man.

Last edited:
It now needs to be asked whether Tyrone Vickery would be regretting his decision to leave Richmond.

He could have stayed at Richmond and been part of a historic premiership, instead he opted to leave the club for more money and is now plying his trade at Box Hill.

Do you think that Vickery is regretting his decision?

Better question would be to Josh Caddy....

It was always about the hair. In many ways Tyrone was a modern day Samson. The problem was he never really committed to growing it all the way and reaching his full potential. Instead he opted for in between cuts that drained his strength never realizing his full potential. Then, when he went to the Hawks and was forced to cut it all off he destroyed the place. It's biblical.

My nose is longer than Vicker's arms.

Marking was therefore tough for him.

Plus the ridiculous hair cut

Caused mirth at Sebring's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did some work at punt Rd in the Maurice Rioli room years ago and saw the boys walking about the halls.
Vickery was massive..nearly seven foot and heavy.
I remember when he hit a pack and knocked Mitch Robinson cold, he just never did it enough.
Never looked hungry enough...
Leigh Brown was hungry and coachable but he was never the go to guy like those two

Heavy really, the general consensus on both personal front up views and generally on TV, he was lanky and had zero F’s to give!

Probably, more focused on his wife’s WTA tour, I don’t blame him to be honest!

Has anyone actually considered Clarko is a cat hater? Maybe Tyrone rocked up to training with his cat backpack thing and Clarko said GTFO?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if Vickery got a game ( I don't think he would have), the Richmond forward line structure wouldn't have been as effective, so they mightn't have even got to the GF.
This is exactly what would have happened. The sad thing is, it's not funny as in piss take funny, it's 100 percent accurate.

you can add, + Griffiths' concussions and Lids off the backline leaving for Picnic Point.

They needed Jacob Townsend in those last half a dozen games, changing the alchemy/gestalt, produces different results. We only win September because we choked two or three games by under a goal in the last three minutes in the first dozen rounds. That actually made us much better, exposed flaws which needed to be rectified.

No list manager or fantasy-game player will attest that Townsend for Deledio is a win. Well, it was for us*

but someone should tell Geelong list managers and fantasy subscribers. :D The economics metaphor is crowding out and capital resource/interest rates.

*that is not the exact formula and substitution.

but Lids is still on our list thanks to Mr googles. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=.....69i57j0l5.6296j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
How good was Townsend? Bloody good find.
Serendipitous. He was recruited to be a body guard for Cotchin in the midfield after he was tagged out of the EF against North in 2015. Didn't work out. So he spent most of 2017 in the VFL where he revealed some talent as a defensive forward. Brought him in when Jack was injured and the rest is history.

Funny thing was he was actually talented. Decent mark, very good shot for goal for his size, very mobile for his size. He played a blinder against the Pies once where he had around 25 touches and kicked 5 or 6 goals. I thought that might have been his turning point.

Problem was he had the hardness of a box of kittens and the work ethic of a sloth. Completely lazy, arrogant, spineless footballer, who could of actually had a good career if he had the mental application. Not even Clarkson could save him.

He was everything that was wrong with Richmond during that period.

Funny thing was he was actually talented. Decent mark, very good shot for goal for his size, very mobile for his size. He played a blinder against the Pies once where he had around 25 touches and kicked 5 or 6 goals. I thought that might have been his turning point.

Problem was he had the hardness of a box of kittens and the work ethic of a sloth. Completely lazy, arrogant, spineless footballer, who could of actually had a good career if he had the mental application. Not even Clarkson could save him.

He was everything that was wrong with Richmond during that period.
Was he drug tested after the Pies game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back