Tyson Goldsack ACL

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Thread starter #1
Tyson Goldsack will not play throughout 2018 after rupturing his ACL.

More deets to come..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ezard15

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Terrible ******* news, couldn’t have happened to a better bloke. Hope this isn’t the end of his AFL career.
Agree it sucks, but the "couldn't have happened to a better bloke" is meant for people that deserve their fate so doesn't apply here.

i.e. if Tyson Goldsack won tattslotto, you could say "couldn't have happened to a better bloke." because he is a great bloke and deserves good things.

Hopefully that clears that up.

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Sydney
As much as I utterly despise Collingwood, I wish Tyson the best in his recovery.

Docherty, Naismith and now Goldsack. Gawd, aren't ACLs a bitch?!
I don't wish ACL injuries on anyone, irrespective of what club they play for. It is a horrible injury and I can't wait for medical science to perfect a type of surgery to speed up recovery by a big margin. LARS was a start, but it needs significant improvement.

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree it sucks, but the "couldn't have happened to a better bloke" is meant for people that deserve their fate so doesn't apply here.

i.e. if Tyson Goldsack won tattslotto, you could say "couldn't have happened to a better bloke." because he is a great bloke and deserves good things.

Hopefully that clears that up.
Understood. It read funny after I posted it.

Hope everyone understands my gist.

The guy simply didn’t deserve it and I hope he gets another season in the AFL so he can go out on his own terms.

NavyBlueTJ35

Not A Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't wish ACL injuries on anyone, irrespective of what club they play for. It is a horrible injury and I can't wait for medical science to perfect a type of surgery to speed up recovery by a big margin. LARS was a start, but it needs significant improvement.
Absolutely. I've Always hated ACL injuries. No one deserves such a thing.

Why do they even exist? :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone gone with LARS of late.

Tiger71

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Feel for him and I feel for the pies. Even though i cant stand that stain of a club, they must have broken all the windows in china to deserve such rotten injury luck to key players, year after year.

Wishing you the best in your recovery Tyson

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Sydney
Has anyone gone with LARS of late.
Not that I know of. It really seems to have fallen out of favour which does not make sense to me as while not every attempt at LARS was successful, it was successful in a reasonable portion of instances. Malceski played some high quality football for years after getting LARS.

nastytiger

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
They may not be that far away!
On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunate. Seems like a great guy. Coaches box this season to learn? Seems pretty switched on and definitely the type of guy who could bring players together which is more important than tactics as a coach I reckon.

Also a big blow for the Pies - I thought he was swinging towards being a defensive forward now and doing well at it, something the Pies need.

Top Bottom