Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Always sad to see a much loved stalwart hanging up the boots but goes out with the full respect of the Collingwood faithful.

I thought his game Saturday against BHH's was the best he'd played all season so hopefully he'll be hanging around and training with the senior squad until the final's campaign concludes. You just never know when opportunity will knock.

The Dawes

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2008
Punxutawney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Notts County FC,
Is it unreasonable to think he might still push for selection this finals series?

If not - what a great career he’s had
Wonderful clubman who’s gotten everything out of his footy career

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the memories Goldy. One of my faves. An absolutely wonderful clubman with a great sense of humour and always gave his all. Will miss ya. All the best for the future. Legend. I’m quite sad but will always remember that first goal in the GF and his impeccable attitude and commitment to the cause.

I'd heard that Sack was going to take up piano and bonsai cultivation after he did his knee last year. Not sure if he got around to it, but I wish him well in these and whatever other pursuits he gets up to in post-footy life. Glad to have him around the club for the rest of the season.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have this funny feeling that if we make the granny he will be named as an emergency purely so he can be in the parade and as a thank you for his service.

I have a feeling Blair's papers were stamped last year but he was still an emergency for the Grand Final regardless.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
An old fashioned player in the best sense of the phrase. Not overly gifted with talent or athleticism but hard as nails and never gave anything less than total commitment.

A coaches dream.

Well played Goldy we will miss you mate.

Brent24

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've never seen someone play with the tenacity that Goldy played with. He could be 15m behind an opponent and make that ground in seconds. Imagine Goldy's work ethic on a few of our young guns...

He's got everything out of his career, nothing but respect Goldy.

joff

Premium Platinum
Jan 3, 2011
oz
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done moneybags have loved your efforts over the journey, loyal,dependable,honest and loved by teamates and us fans alike all the best in retirement ♥ :thumbsu:

Back