Rumour Tyson Goldsack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's the Crows who are chasing him - they need defenders badly to replace the spuds they have in the backline.

We already have a third tall option. His name is Justin Westhoff, and he plays the swingman role better than Goldsack does. What we need is a second tall - a big lump we can park in the goal square and draw the heat away from our other forwards and stop the defenders pushing up.

We need more than big lump we need someone actually decent to bring the ball to ground and help schilzy out or else we'll get left with a Jessie white/lynch type who was a ploy for cloke but really do nothing given they still go to cloke more often than not

Tortured myself with AA this morning just to find out if Rucci had anything to add to the Goldsack story. Funnily enough he's parroted Port's assertion they are not interested, dropped the whole story at Greg Denham's feet claiming managerial manoeuvring and queried whether Adelaide should be interested.

He wouldn't even comment on O'Shea although the caller opened the door.

Can anyone tell me who was the last player that Collingwood lost to another club that they actually wanted to keep? I reckon Collingwood are one of those clubs that very rarely loses a required player so the Goldsack rumour might just be his manager creating pressure to get the required deal out of the pies.

Not sure he would add much to your team anyway which seems to be in very good shape with just so much upside.

Read somewhere that he has told Collingwood he wants to stay, has brother that works at Westpac centre, etc. Surely that would be reason enough to not chase him, nevermind that he isn't the true KPF or ruck that we need.

agreed would much rather spend 400k on a swan player ;)
Can anyone tell me who was the last player that Collingwood lost to another club that they actually wanted to keep? I reckon Collingwood are one of those clubs that very rarely loses a required player so the Goldsack rumour might just be his manager creating pressure to get the required deal out of the pies.

Not sure he would add much to your team anyway which seems to be in very good shape with just so much upside.

You just know that Stupid wants to drive the Goldsack to Port bus as far as he can, even if he knows it is actually the Crows and not us. Then he can ride home the 'he picked the Crows over Port' angle that he missed out on with Polec.

I think you're onto something here.

But honestly why would you even bother. Just obsessed with point scoring and payback.

Read somewhere that he has told Collingwood he wants to stay, has brother that works at Westpac centre, etc. Surely that would be reason enough to not chase him, nevermind that he isn't the true KPF or ruck that we need.

His brother works in the Finance dept of the club However his GF lives in Adelaide

At first it was rumoured that you guys were interested however reports in Melb today seem to haved swayed towards the AFC being the club that is interested

I actually like him as a player, he is a bit of an old fashion type, loves getting his hands dirty, is a great tackler and makes them stick and even though he is not a huge accumulator of touches he is the type that is prepared to get in the trenches which all teams need

Collingwood have offered him a new two year deal $300k per year however likely not to be enough

I don't want him but would a player really leave Collingwood for an extra 50 or 100k I'd imagine he'd have investments & or business interests in melbourne that bring in some coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want him but would a player really leave Collingwood for an extra 50 or 100k I'd imagine he'd have investments & or business interests in melbourne that bring in some coin.

And given the close proximity of Adelaide and Melbourne, it's not like he wouldn't be able to check on such things regularly. It's an hour flight.

And given the close proximity of Adelaide and Melbourne, it's not like he wouldn't be able to check on such things regularly. It's an hour flight.
True but he'd still have to uproot and leave it's more about length of contract for a guy like him I'd imagine, so collingwood are offering 350k a year for 2 years with 3rd year clause why would he bother moving for 50k.. plus he loves collingwood from what i hear

Anyone listening to the little lapdog talk up goldsack on Friday would have worked out that port were not the club chasing goldsack.

No way does Rowe get that excited about anything to do with port.
Despite being found out, you watch how stupid is stupid:
If Adelaide gets Goldsack, a coup, stole him from Port, why would he go to Port, next superstar etc....
If Adelaide miss out and he stays at Collingwood, Port misses out again, Port doesn't get his man etc......

This is spin to protect the Cows and throw mud at Port if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back