Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news.It's a big loss for the club,because he can fill so many holes around the ground,whether it's on the forward line,or the backline where he plays his best football.And i feel for Goldy personally as well.At his age,it's going to be hard to make it back after an injury like this.I wsh him well,and just hope he can make it back next year.

If that mule played you in the first GF in 2010 it would have saved us from aging a few years.
I will always be greatful to Goldy for our Premiership.

If Mick played him in 2011 as the sub instead of a first year player forward pocket Fasolo we might have had a defensive option when Reid on one leg was getting beaten up.

Sorry to intrude guys.
Very sorry to hear about Goldsack's injury. One of my favourite players at your club. Very honest footballer that has just gone about his business for the club.
Hopefully he can get back for another crack.
Thx Ted - yeah Goldy is a rough jewel, can play tall or small, good in the air, great tackler and the speed to get him there most times. Heart the size of Phar Lap and it beats black and white.
Fingers crossed for him, deserves to go out on a better note.

Anyone have any solid reasons why they would not got the LARS route?
Collingwood has never really preferred it. From memory I think it had something to do with the long term complications that can occur with LARS. Having said that until now the ACLs since LARS came along that we have had to consider were prodominantly younger players early to middle of careers. Whether Tyson, who is towards the end of his career would consider something different is uncertain.

Terrible news, really feel for Goldy and share the many sentiments expressed above. Hopefully not the end of the road for him

Terrible news for godly. This really opens the door for Crocker imo. I thought he did a few nice things in the 2nd half v the dogs . He competed well, if he can build on that and apply good pressure he had a chance to be a regular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh!!...ffs!! FFS!!!
Okay. I was sceptical at first but now the evidence is incontrovertible. We are cursed. It's as simple as that. We need to face the harsh reality that we support a club that, for whatever reason, is the subject of some black magic, evil, satan-level dark hex designed to torture and torment us for all our Collingwood supporting days.
The question now is, what do we do? How do we appease the angry gods that have plagued us so cruelly? Virgin sacrifice? (tricky for our kind). Blood of a first-born? Purchase of a Carlton membership? All ideas are welcome. The time to act though is now.

We been Cursed since 2011 it seems

Word is he is hoping to return in 2019. Up to the club whether they want to extend his contract.

Sounds terrible.... think they will resign him, but understand if the club don't resign a then 31 year old coming off a knee to play on in 2019.

Word is he is hoping to return in 2019. Up to the club whether they want to extend his contract.

Sounds terrible.... think they will resign him, but understand if the club don't resign a then 31 year old coming off a knee to play on in 2019.

Will depend on our performances this year. If we do badly we're likely to cut a lot of the has-beens and fringe mid-20s players. If we make finals we'll probably only have retirements and a couple of obvious cuts like Oxley.

Shocking news for the Sack. Kicked the first goal in the Grand Final Replay.
Ironic Tear, is spelt the same as shedding a Tear, when it comes to knee reco’s.
Hope to see Tyson in action for us again. A real warrior.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry to intrude guys.
Very sorry to hear about Goldsack's injury. One of my favourite players at your club. Very honest footballer that has just gone about his business for the club.
Hopefully he can get back for another crack.
Thanks, sad when a good man goes down.

End of the game when Sidebottom kicked the snap goal on his left. Goldsack landed awkwardly before it. Hes on the ground when the goals kicked.

He actually did it when Reid snapped a goal. Smith had Goldsack all on his own, but kicked it over his head, so Goldy had to run back and jump in the air to get the ball as it bounced up, and looks to have done his knee when he landed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back