Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to hear. Always gave his best. We’ll miss him this year and don’t really have a similar player.

Gives a chance for Mayne or Crocker, but is also a good example of why I like the idea of a mid season draft.

That's rotten, I only found out this afternoon, we went away and was enjoying a couple of days internet free. I'll remember many things but in particular that game last year where he injured his shoulder? Was in massive pain the whole game and played out the match when many others wouldn't have, an act that would inspire his teammates.

When you think about the best parts of a sporting club it's the people like Goldy that come to mind, I've met him once and he was more than happy to have a chat, just a ripping bloke, hope we see him again.

That's rotten, I only found out this afternoon, we went away and was enjoying a couple of days internet free. I'll remember many things but in particular that game last year where he injured his shoulder? Was in massive pain the whole game and played out the match when many others wouldn't have, an act that would inspire his teammates.

When you think about the best parts of a sporting club it's the people like Goldy that come to mind, I've met him once and he was more than happy to have a chat, just a ripping bloke, hope we see him again.
Great personal story. Glad he had a chat with you.

Same same, he signed my nephews jumper.

Top club man. Wish him well.

If Goldy is committed to playing on in 2019 I'd be supportive of him taking Oxley's spot on the rookie list

I was thinking about this Afternoon. Would he Accept going on the Rookie List for 2019?

He actually did it when Reid snapped a goal. Smith had Goldsack all on his own, but kicked it over his head, so Goldy had to run back and jump in the air to get the ball as it bounced up, and looks to have done his knee when he landed.

Our Player as Usual Missed Goldy by a Mile and he had to chase the Ball and that is when he Did it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you're wrong.

There's something endearing about guys like The Sack, who maybe don't have the silky smooth skills of others, but have bucket loads of ticker. If we could get his level of commitment from the whole list, we'd never miss the finals.

His athleticism is very underrated, it's why he has managed to stay relevant at AFL level for so long. Great speed, good ability, very strong in the legs and core. An ACL is terrible for him, he doesn't have the skills to stay in the team if his body slows down.

I fear it could be over for the sack, he's been tremendous value, played in a Grand Final, a great servant of the club. Good year last season and looked to be going on with it again so a real blow and its just hard to see him climbing back from a knee reco.

Well said

I hope a few players take note and put in that little extra, Goldy would love the Club to be successful this year, even playing on the sidelines.

I fear it could be over for the sack, he's been tremendous value, played in a Grand Final, a great servant of the club. Good year last season and looked to be going on with it again so a real blow and its just hard to see him climbing back from a knee reco.
He does seem to be pretty damn determined though.
Was it 2016 when he spent much of the year in the VFL (?), and then arguably had his best year last year.

He definitely has a great attitude, so I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of him. Chances are the club won't be too keen since he'll be 32 by early next season, but we'll see.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-12/concern-for-veteran-pie-knee-scans-to-come

SHATTERED Collingwood veteran Tyson Goldsack remains hopeful he hasn't played his last game after suffering a serious knee injury.

The 30-year-old will undergo a knee reconstruction after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament during Saturday's pre-season win over the Western Bulldogs in Moe.

Goldsack is out of contract at the end of the season having only been offered a one-year deal for 2018 late last year.

The recovery time for the surgery is generally 10 to 12 months, but the popular swingman is hopeful of a miraculous return this season or a new contract for next year.

"It's fair to say that I hope I haven't played my last game," Goldsack told reporters.

"I'm definitely keen to play again whether that's late this year or if it has to be next year then we'll go down that path after surgery.

"But I'm definitely keen to play on."

He does seem to be pretty damn determined though.
Was it 2016 when he spent much of the year in the VFL (?), and then arguably had his best year last year.
He only played 4 AFL games in 2016, many more than that in the VFL. He was named emergency quite a few times (5 according to the AFL Record Season Guide). He missed 3 games with a thumb injury, 1 with a foot problem, and (I think it says) for 1 game he was ill.

So he was well and truly out of favour in 2016. His "resurrection" last season was a terrific effort; he benefited from having a decent pre-season for a change and played really good football. It's a very sad story all-round, it's obviously shattering for the player, but it weakens us all the way down the line, even though he's by no means a key player. It would be great if he could somehow make it back by late this season, if not I'd be quite happy to see him at least "moved" to the Rookie List and retained for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back