Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately post career there aren't enough CFC jobs going round for all of them. Great to have Maxwell back, and looks like Dunn is involved in line coaching the women's team... but would be great to still have Luke Ball and retain Goldsack post footy career too.

These people only make the club stronger

... that’s only while we’re winning but.

When we’re losing it’s “Jobs for the boys”, “No due process”, etc, etc.

Last edited:
... that’s only while we’re winning but.

When we’re losing it’’s “Jobs for the boys”, “No due process”, etc, etc.

I'd stipulate the difference between the need for merit based coaching jobs... and other more cultural footy dept roles like player welfare, youth mentoring, etc... these are the roles that I think can be comfortably given in house to great team people like Goldsack

But I see what you are saying...

Never struck me as anything other than a POW camp. There wouldn't be much humour to be extracted from a concentration camp setting, nor would POWs be housed there. There must be some easily misconceived people in this world.
I think it was often from people that never watched the show.
And felt hence aggravated etc

It so often seems that people who are "offended" by jokes haven't actually heard the jokes or the context.

I'm a big fan of comedian Tom Segura over in the US and he's copped it from people over jokes "about" disabilities from people that have never watched the special in question, let alone heard the jokes in full. He even got death threats and has never said anything "offensive" about disabilities. Just ridiculous.

The criticism is more of today thing, remember ready once how many of the ex P.O.W’s actually did not mind the show.
Sometimes today people try and see things that are not there. Then say it was.

Would have been valuable for us given our injuries this yr..

Thoughts on the Ballbag playing on next yr?

Interesting one.

How's he tracking?

What influence is he having around the club?
Was a welcome sight on the track this morning. Did quite a lot of the drills with the team.

Great to see him out on the track again after the injury.... but kinda hope he retires at years end.

Can't question his commitment but think one of his greatest assets - his speed - has naturally declined. And with our defensive depth and new forward emphasis on rotating mids... I don't see a spot for him in our best 22 or best 30 for that matter going forward.

Would rather the club invests that list position (along with Blair's, Oxleys, Maynes list positions for that matter) on a younger player of similar size with utility potential e.g. Jordan Butts.

That or draft our very own Marty Hore or giving more games to young Appleby in that defensive negating stopper type role.

You will find that numerous actors in Hogan’s Heroes were of Jewish background.

Klemperer (Klink) via hs father;
John Banner (Sgt Shultz)
Robert Clary (Louie LeBau) was also in the camps during the war.
Howard Caine (Major Hochstetter)
Leon Askin (General Burkhalter)

I’ve heard various interviews with the Hogan’s cast (love the show) and all indicate the biggest misconception is the show was set in a concentration Camp, or downplayed that type of camp.

Set in a prisoner of war camp,

And any watching of the show will indicate the evil of that regime was constantly mentioned, never ever celebrated.
It was a take off of a very funny movie stalag 17.

It was a take off of a very funny movie stalag 17.
There was a legal case settled by the makers to the makers of Hogan’s heroes.

However, the Hogan’s Heroes people have long disputed the connection with the idea they felt their own for the series. Even though both had a friendly main Sgt named Schultz, the idea for the tv series was claimed to be very own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC there was a player in the 90’s who played for nothing. Anybody remember who he was?
Can't think who, have a feeling it was a ruckman type player though.
Edit: was it Geoff Pritchard?

I think he'll get another year. Wouldn't be surprised to actually see him back in full training and pushing for VFL selection before the end of the season. Could be a great boost to the VFL finals campaign if Goldy, Broomy and Aish are all hitting their straps and available for selection. Hopefully Aish is back even sooner and pushing for senior selection.

it's a shame that a lot of people look just at the amount of kicks and handballs that a player gets as the only justification to stay on the list. this reminds me somewhat of Melbourne captain James Mcdonald and they delisted him one year to early which tore the club apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back