Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK with 1 year good depth.

Think he offers a bit more than good depth.

Despite his flaws he provides such flexibility. I think he even went up in the ruck around the ground a few times this year when needed. I have him in my best 22 most weeks cause you can play him in so many different roles if you have to and he generally gets the job done. Just one of those no nonsense players that all teams need.

Think he offers a bit more than good depth.

Despite his flaws he provides such flexibility. I think he even went up in the ruck around the ground a few times this year when needed. I have him in my best 22 most weeks cause you can play him in so many different roles if you have to and he generally gets the job done. Just one of those no nonsense players that all teams need.

30 years old when the season starts, if he is still a lock 22 player we are in strife, I love the Sack but that's the truth.

His age is irrelevant and 30 is not that old anyway. I don't think the Sack being a lock means we are in strife. He is good enough to play a role in a good team.

Sack has never been a lock top 15/16 player to think he offers that at the age of 30 is just stupid, Sack should be used for depth and player development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your ideal backline?

It's not about ideal, I rate Goldy but going forward if he is going to be a key part of the 22 we won't be going anywhere soon, add players like Smith, Blair etc to that list.

Gotta be honest. Loved the sack on 360 tonight. Happy to get a year, wants to stay a one club player, and wants to contribute. May not be a superstar, but gee he was important this year. Want him as long as he keeps his speed. Tries his guts out.

Absolutely heart and soul stuff, the young blokes could learn a lot from him, I would keep him on at the club In a development role for first and second year players.

Absolutely heart and soul stuff, the young blokes could learn a lot from him, I would keep him on at the club In a development role for first and second year players.
How many times this bloke absolutely smashed himself, or put himself in the firing line and got completely poleaxed... just a gutsy bloke. I have so much love for him.

How many times this bloke absolutely smashed himself, or put himself in the firing line and got completely poleaxed... just a gutsy bloke. I have so much love for him.

Yep does the same stuff as blokes like Selwood for no mention what so ever, Luke Ball was the same.

Yep does the same stuff as blokes like Selwood for no mention what so ever, Luke Ball was the same.
Totally agree.

(You watched or watching Narcos?)

Totally agree.

(You watched or watching Narcos?)

Watched the first 2 seasons, just moved into a new place and waiting on the internet to watch the 3rd any good?

Watched the first 2 seasons, just moved into a new place and waiting on the internet to watch the 3rd any good?
Terrific.
All the Cali cartel.

Then there's a 73 or 74 episode series in Spanish Pablo Escobar lord of evil.
roughly translated
Great too

30 years old when the season starts, if he is still a lock 22 player we are in strife, I love the Sack but that's the truth.
I don't think sport works like this. If a team has a player to fill its quota, if the player is performing to the level needed to meet the needs of the position, the player actually is doing all he needs to do.

What I'm saying is that often in Basketball, Soccer, etc a side has an older player as part of their best 8 (B'Ball) or 18 (Soccer) he or she can still ensure that the team fulfills its objectives (win a championship, make finals etc).

I would like the attitude of the AFL to change to have a place for a player who is not under 28 and still not have their place questioned just because of a number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back