News Tyson Stengle caught drink driving

What penalty do you think the club should apply?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy looked good in round one too

He did. Looked like he had found a yard of pace in the offseason.

Still though, I do think he is the loser if McAdam, Stengle and Murphy are all fit and firing.

Drink driving is stupid to that level. If he blew .06 or .07 then it wouldnt be as bad obviously, loads of countries have 0.08 as the legal level. The drink driving system is one of my most hated systems though. Im in Canada now and I can be 0.08 and drive (which I think is wrong).

If Australia wanted to stop drink driving, every car sold would have a mandatory BAC tester installed, and the car wont start without blowing a safe level. If you get someone else to blow on it and drink drive anyway, jail. Simple. Judging for yourself if you are slightly over or slightly under is tough especially when drinking increases confidence. I have tried to calculate it and tested on the bar breatho and ive been close but it isnt as simple as 2+2=4.

He has no excuses at his level though.

As for the registration of the car, I know for a fact things go missing in the mail. Ive sold over 40,000 items on ebay, and every now and then something just goes missing. Perhaps his rego renewal papers were lost? Maybe he moved and forgot to change his address on the papers? Or he was just an idiot and the papers are still on the fridge with a magnet.

Whats important now is he cops his penalty, does his time, and learns his lesson. Dont hate on the guy, every single one of you has made mistakes in life, difference is you arent public figures who cop media backlash on your mistakes. Whats important is his reaction to the mistake, anfd hopefully he learns from this.

Really disappointed as had real hopes for Stengle as was impressed after seeing him last year in a couple of SANFL and coming into this season so ready .
He is just what we need up forward and he has blown it and has to start all over again.
Believe the club got the fine and suspension right but that's the only thing they got right as looks like we learnt nothing from the review and Dunstall must be shaking his head wondering why wasted his time.
Not sure who currently working but we have ingenious people at. club to assist our few. ingenious players and we have Barr then Jackson reporting to Kelly who reports to Fagan.
Thats a lot of wages to get the culture right and to sort out if things go wrong and we totally showed we learnt nothing from review and tried to brush. under carpet and then had to come out with by. now call it. the Chapman-Roo-Fagan bullshit spin.
Maybe all the cost cutting in clubs that will happen now will actually bring them back to earth rather than falling over each other and those left roll up sleeves and forget egos and just do their jobs.

I liked what Nicksy said this morning about how the communication was done. He explained the reasons why it was done the way it was but admitted it could of been done differently.

Some honesty was refreshing, rather than Fagan who should of learnt that lie and defend strategy just makes you look silly.

Thanks Triggy. fu** off now. Don‘t you have a basketball club to bring to it’s knees? I understand you’re half way through that process. Focus mate, focus.
So you think I have gone a bit hard on this?

When I posted I did not know that Tyson had also failed to inform the club of this for two days, and the informing must have been limited in detail, making this whole process/debacle three very poor decisions in a row by Tyson, he is a very, very lucky young man that the club was so soft on him, I would not be and stand by my original thoughts.

I am unsure what Triggy would do so I'll leave that to you to speculate.

I liked what Nicksy said this morning about how the communication was done. He explained the reasons why it was done the way it was but admitted it could of been done differently.

Some honesty was refreshing, rather than Fagan who should of learnt that lie and defend strategy just makes you look silly.
I also liked this part of his statement. "And that was all about looking after our player and that's what we're about and we'll be like that going forward".

In other words we can try and do better but if it takes time to make sure we know what we are talking about before releasing information then so be it.

I think all this talk about the club intentionally holding back with a press release is just a beat up. I am more pissed off with Chapman and his comments about the incident.

Lol classic Adelaide sitting on this for 8 days for the usual Friday afternoon release and got lucky to hide it behind Hunter.
Imagine if rumours leaked out before our Friday evening backdoor announcement?

Then we look dubious as though we're trying to cover things up and only said anything because our hand was forced. We got lucky that no word leaked out plus the Bulldogs thing came along.

Needs to be a habit that we're honest (big change but hopefully after the camp lies blew up in our face we will be, and to be fair we haven't tried to sugar coat what happened here at least) and get on the front foot early so that we control the message (another big change).

Then we look dubious as though we're trying to cover things up and only said anything because our hand was forced. We got lucky that no word leaked out plus the Bulldogs thing came along.

Needs to be a habit that we're honest (big change but hopefully after the camp lies blew up in our face we will be, and to be fair we haven't tried to sugar coat what happened here at least) and get on the front foot early so that we control the message (another big change).
Like everything they said might be 100% spot on but when we've been fed so much bs in the past few years, you burn a lot of that blind faith or at least they have in my eyes - heck, they'd lost my membership this year if it wasn't for covid-19 and to find out after 8 days doesn't really fill me with any faith that anything has changed.

And as you've said, had it got out before we said anything the story would have looked so much worse. Hopefully it's exactly as they've said and we'll see them be more open/honest (whilst looking after the players) but at this point, they need to prove that at to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol classic Adelaide sitting on this for 8 days for the usual Friday afternoon release and got lucky to hide it behind Hunter.
You can talk - your opinion is at least three days overdue. Welcome to last week.

The timing of the release stinks to high heaven, but they were honest about it at least, which is why the complaints about "transparency" are odd to me. Absolutely hammer the timing and how long it took, with our usual "release the news on Friday afternoon when everyone is done for the week" method, but it's not at all comparable to the Crows camp s**t people like Tom Browne are trying to say it is where we constantly downplayed and refuted anything happening at all. It was "nothing happened....oh OK something happened but it wasn't a big deal....OK something happened and some of our players had issues with it, but it's all OK now.....OK, something happened and some of our players still have issues, but we'll work through that".

Nicks had it right, just release something short, I would have hoped that if the team was all together, that they would have done that given they would have been able to inform the playing group the next day, rather than waiting for a scheduled meeting at the end of the week.

Drink driving is stupid to that level. If he blew .06 or .07 then it wouldnt be as bad obviously, loads of countries have 0.08 as the legal level. The drink driving system is one of my most hated systems though. Im in Canada now and I can be 0.08 and drive (which I think is wrong).

If Australia wanted to stop drink driving, every car sold would have a mandatory BAC tester installed, and the car wont start without blowing a safe level. If you get someone else to blow on it and drink drive anyway, jail. Simple. Judging for yourself if you are slightly over or slightly under is tough especially when drinking increases confidence. I have tried to calculate it and tested on the bar breatho and ive been close but it isnt as simple as 2+2=4.

He has no excuses at his level though.

As for the registration of the car, I know for a fact things go missing in the mail. Ive sold over 40,000 items on ebay, and every now and then something just goes missing. Perhaps his rego renewal papers were lost? Maybe he moved and forgot to change his address on the papers? Or he was just an idiot and the papers are still on the fridge with a magnet.

Whats important now is he cops his penalty, does his time, and learns his lesson. Dont hate on the guy, every single one of you has made mistakes in life, difference is you arent public figures who cop media backlash on your mistakes. Whats important is his reaction to the mistake, anfd hopefully he learns from this.
Yeah I’ve been late to pay rego before as my bill went to my old address, so was slapped with a $460 fine as it was overdue by 2 weeks. It can happen to anyone.

Yeah I’ve been late to pay rego before as my bill went to my old address, so was slapped with a $460 fine as it was overdue by 2 weeks. It can happen to anyone.

Do they have online rego renewals in SA? Here in Victoria I just get an email about it, no chance for lost post

Not really sure why it took a week or so for the club to come out and state what happened. Firstly Stengle is a bloody fool for not registering his car when It takes 30 seconds on the Ezyreg app. Secondly, why would he not call a cab or uber when he was pissed? Thirdly, why would he try and hide it and not tell the club immediately instead of waiting 2 days? Lastly, this is just another example of the Fagan / Chapman policy of keeping everything in house which creates a total lack of authenticity and honesty from the club. The sooner both he and Chapman are gone the better.

Last edited:
They were both very lucky they didn't kill anyone.

Not statistically. The overwhelming majority of drink drivers arrive home safe and sound without having injured anybody. Combine it with speed and recklessness and you’d be right. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hunter may have been heading in that direction but screwed up under acceleration. So may have got very lucky.

The last table I saw had the combination of fatigue and falling asleep responsible for more accidents resulting in fatalities than alcohol.

Just curious, why do we as the public need to know these things straight away, I know our club has form but this is a personal matter.

Tyson may have wanted to let family, friends etc know before they let the rest of us know, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back