Free Agency Tyson Stengle (DFA) to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with this..we need a goalkicking small fwd and hopefully he can put his off field issues behibd him..for only a list spot its worth doing.

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Could go to the next level if he can get good supply!
He will have good targets to rove too, this is actually a perfect get for us, we desperately need a decent small forward, & his age can help us in the short term, & long term!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ahhhhh, so...He can do coke, just as long as he doesnt get caught?
You must be from the Mark Thompson school of coaching.

That's the league's own policy. If they catch you, first offence is no games and kept in house. But if it's a public outing like Brad Crouch, then it's disrepute and 2 games. So a lesser penalty if nobody else finds out. And surely you're not suggesting that there's not a lot of this going on among the AFL players?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
That's the league's own policy. If they catch you, first offence is no games and kept in house. But if it's a public outing like Brad Crouch, then it's disrepute and 2 games. So a lesser penalty if nobody else funds out. And surely you're not suggesting that there's not a lot of this going on among the AFL players?
This would no doubt send him down a slippery slope again hence the keep his nose clean comment.
He does NEED to keep himself on the straight and narrow otherwise he will end up getting caught again. More than that, its for the betterment of himself as a person and to the team which has shown him faith. He doesn't need to worry about the league policy, its his personal policy he needs to worry about that.

I really rate him as a talent and would like to see him make the most of the 2nd opportunity.
In an open draft, talent wise, he would be a top end selection.

I agree however that the AFL policy needs to be looked at but I still think its beside my initial point.

If he was actually any good Adelaide wouldn’t have let him go
I don't think the crows had much choice. They set him boundaries and he breached them. His on field attributes were not material to the decision.

Now that he's living with Eddie and not partying with Crouch he might be a viable player again. Or not. Will be fun finding out

Kings of Lygon

All Australian
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it's a fairly big hail mary. Stengle is hardly plug and play and instantly improves Geelong as some are making out on BF, he only played 14 games across two years for Adelaide who were basically terrible and did stuff all really. His off-field issues (the ones we know of at least) are well documented too obviously. Needs to get ripping fit.

Hopefully he goes well, but I'm glad my club stayed away.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I think it's a fairly big hail mary. Stengle is hardly plug and play and instantly improves Geelong as some are making out on BF, he only played 14 games across two years for Adelaide who were basically terrible and did stuff all really. His off-field issues (the ones we know of at least) are well documented too obviously. Needs to get ripping fit.

Hopefully he goes well, but I'm glad my club stayed away.

There's a long list of players that did dumb stuff off field as youngsters and turned it around. He was locked in Adelaide's team from round 6 2020 and showed he's got enough talent to be on an AFL list at the very least. From all reports he did everything you could want at WWT this year.

Worst case we give up a list spot and close to minimum salary and it doesn't work out.

Kings of Lygon

All Australian
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
There's a long list of players that did dumb stuff off field as youngsters and turned it around. He was locked in Adelaide's team from round 6 2020 and showed he's got enough talent to be on an AFL list at the very least. From all reports he did everything you could want at WWT this year.

Worst case we give up a list spot and close to minimum salary and it doesn't work out.

That's great and all, but it still doesn't change what I posted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back