Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
We all know about Stengle's 'indiscretions'......now in the light of that, lets say that the trade of Junior Rioli to Port falls through and there is a chance that we could pick him up; would anyone have any reservations about it given Rioli's prior history??

Port don't seem to have an issue with it.

Well Junior Rioli has actually had the stuff in his system.

Was Tyson ever tested for drugs, not just in possession of them but actually tested?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We all know about Stengle's 'indiscretions'......now in the light of that, lets say that the trade of Junior Rioli to Port falls through and there is a chance that we could pick him up; would anyone have any reservations about it given Rioli's prior history??

Port don't seem to have an issue with it.

none at all. Contract and acquisition price always need to be considered though.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wearing his all Australian jacket

Premiership, all Australian, over 50 goals in the season.

None of which he would have been within a bulls roar of if he had stayed at Adelaide.

Of all the mistakes we have made with our list, the timing of this one hurt us bugger all.

Good luck to him, hopefully we have learned something from it … and don’t shy away from players that get drunk at their 21st in future for the good of our culture.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

None of which he would have been within a bulls roar of if he had stayed at Adelaide.

Of all the mistakes we have made with our list, the timing of this one hurt us bugger all.

Good luck to him, hopefully we have learned something from it … and don’t shy away from players that get drunk at their 21st in future for the good of our culture.
This is perhaps the worst take that gets made regularly on here

A 50 goal AA premiership player wouldn't succeed here

So to get a reasonable performer here we need to recruit only 100 goal, dual AA, multiple premiership winning standard players

Anything less is a waste of our time

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide

So to get a reasonable performer here we need to recruit only 100 goal, dual AA, multiple premiership winning standard players

Not what I was saying.

I meant the timing of it all, he would have been in a bottom 6 team … very hard to do those things from down where we were.

We would have benefited greatly on field by keeping him.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

When’s the next board meeting?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not what I was saying.

I meant the timing of it all, he would have been in a bottom 6 team … very hard to do those things from down where we were.

We would have benefited greatly on field by keeping him.

Got to be careful of the opportunity cost.

When we stupidly gave away Keath for magic beans, we ended up trying to replace him using pick 6 on KPD.

The damage wasn’t just losing Keath, it was also what we then spent resources on

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

He would have done those things here, Ken Farmer medal, reserves flag, advertiser team of the year.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got to be careful of the opportunity cost.

When we stupidly gave away Keath for magic beans, we ended up trying to replace him using pick 6 on KPD.

The damage wasn’t just losing Keath, it was also what we then spent resources on
Fair enough ... I agree we would have better off keeping him. It might have changed our plans for Rachele. Maybe that becomes a lucky twist of fate and what we thought was a Stengle replacement becomes one of our best players? Did we miss out on the mid we need - I dunno, I reckon we would have gone Wanganeen Milera next.

We did lose an asset for nothing, no hiding from that one.

I think the timing of it means that Stengle got a better deal out of it than he could have hoped at AFC.
I think the timing of it means that AFC might have lucked out and it not done as much damage as it could have.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a massive * up by Adelaide. Absolute jet.

Now Adelaide are out of contention and Tyson is celebrating premiership glory snorting a ton of coke with a premiership medal around his neck.
Agree. I never wanted him traded but the club prefer a team of choirboys so the chardonnay set keep turning up to see another year of not winning a flag.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
What a massive * up by Adelaide. Absolute jet.

Now Adelaide are out of contention and Tyson is celebrating premiership glory snorting a ton of coke with a premiership medal around his neck.
A Hawks supporter talking "massive * ups" currently...I've heard it all now...

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
A Hawks supporter talking "massive * ups" currently...I've heard it all now...

If they crossed a line at least it resulted in flags. Geared to success whereas we’re geared for optics that get us nowhere. And the always worst performing part of the club is the group sacrificing footy performance.

Back