Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Illicit substance abuse is a mental health issue.
It does become one sure, but to get to that path one must make a series of bad choices. Much like alcoholism.

Tyson does deserve our help, he's s contracted player so we're under an obligation to do so as well. I don't want to see the kid fall off the cliff, but he does need to take more responsibility.

It does become one sure, but to get to that path one must make a series of bad choices. Much like alcoholism.

Tyson does deserve our help, he's s contracted player so we're under an obligation to do so as well. I don't want to see the kid fall off the cliff, but he does need to take more responsibility.

No, it's not certain whether it's a chicken or an egg scenario. Saying it becomes one is not going to always be correct. It can be the mental health issue that leads to the first instances of use or other risk taking behaviour. I don't know whether there's an elephant in this room or everyone is completely ignorant of culture and its likely influence.

No, it's not certain whether it's a chicken or an egg scenario. Saying it becomes one is not going to always be correct. It can be the mental health issue that leads to the first instances of use or other risk taking behaviour. I don't know whether there's an elephant in this room or everyone is completely ignorant of culture and its likely influence.
I do know he didn't grow up in the greatest of environments, had a very tough upbringing surrounded by some pretty average influences. I'm not sure it's a culture thing as much as it was just a bunch of people who had little business having children, obviously can't say that for sure of course

I do know he didn't grow up in the greatest of environments, had a very tough upbringing surrounded by some pretty average influences. I'm not sure it's a culture thing as much as it was just a bunch of people who had little business having children, obviously can't say that for sure of course

Culture is very strong and the fact that he may have been raised by bad guardians doesn't change anything.

Culture is very strong and the fact that he may have been raised by bad guardians doesn't change anything.
Oh for sure, wasn't suggesting it would change it. In fact it could make the bond stronger.

I’ve separated but luckily equal custody of the boys and on good terms.

I can’t imagine have a f’ed break up and not seeing your kids, would lose it.
Same to. I’ve met plenty of the others to and the stories are horrible. Can understand why men and women sometimes lose the plot.

Mate of mine is going through it. Missus is a legit whack job and makes it as difficult as it can be. He owns his own law firm and is tearing his hair out. I can imagine how difficult it would be for people without his knowledge and resources to work their way through it.
Took me 3 years to sort it out and $45K in legal fees. That was just to get to mediation which got the job done. I felt my legal firm was working against me so what a relief to finally be rid of all that stress.

You keep banging on about this but you've never actually said how many chances you'd give the kid..... And you've pretty much taken all responsibility for his actions away from him and placed it on the club.
Jettisoning someone from the club is the SINGLE GREATEST SANCTION any club can apply.

Do we really think Stengle is the worst human being ever to walk through our doors?

Or should his "penalty" fall somewhere a little below that?

Definitely no more chances now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Rendell likes this!

Jettisoning someone from the club is the SINGLE GREATEST SANCTION any club can apply.

Do we really think Stengle is the worst human being ever to walk through our doors?

He may remain at the Club, but in terms of him representing the Crows at AFL level again, may be over.

Aside from his recovery, he would have to prove worthy of demanding a spot in the team, by performing well at the SANFL level.

He is not Ben Cousins that could have a serious drug habit and perform at an elite level.

Once again, nothing about how many chances a kid should get. Skirting around an issue like Edward McGuire.

Nobody would think he's the worst human being to walk through the AFC, but he's building a case to suggest he's one of the most troubled.

So when is the time to say enough is enough ??

He may remain at the Club, but in terms of him representing the Crows at AFL level again, may be over.

Aside from his recovery, he would have to prove worthy of demanding a spot in the team, by performing well at the SANFL level.

He is not Ben Cousins that could have a serious drug habit and perform at an elite level.
Cousins could never be accused of not putting in on field and on the track, he was an animal on the training track. Stengle doesn't have that same drive

Once again, nothing about how many chances a kid should get. Skirting around an issue like Edward McGuire.

Nobody would think he's the worst human being to walk through the AFC, but he's building a case to suggest he's one of the most troubled.

So when is the time to say enough is enough ??
The illicit substance/strike rules are in place

We don't need to create our own heavier set of rules

The illicit substance/strike rules are in place

We don't need to create our own heavier set of rules
Given his first 2 issues were criminal matters I'd say they fall outside of that particular jurisdiction.

The 3rd one was just plain dumb, even if he didn't take anything. That alone shows you he doesn't have a great deal of intelligence or dedication.

In many workplaces 3 criminal acts in 12 months would be enough to cost you a job. He's EXTREMELY lucky he still has one.

A club in the position we find ourselves in just can't afford these constant issues. We're doing the right thing off field by removing underperforming staff, if the penny doesn't drop for a guy in his 5th year on a list it never will.

Club has gone over the top on this one. The real issue was being careless about his drug use (and by extension embarrassing the club) and not doing it in the privacy of his own home as 95% of all other players that partake do. The drink driving is a bigger issue for mine as he could have killed someone. A decent woman should sort him out.

Last edited:
Club has gone over the top on this one. The real crime was being careless about his drug use and not doing it in the privacy of his own home as 95% of all other players that partake do. The drink driving is a bigger issue for mine as he could have killed someone. A decent woman should sort him out.
I'd suggest reckless might be a better word.

95% of players use recreational drugs ?? Now that's a stupid statement.

The only question for me would be, is he trying to do the right thing ?? Then I have no issue welcoming him back into the fold. If he's doing what he's been doing his whole career then we have a problem

Edit - my mistake, I thought 95% of all players.... All good.

Nearly every comment I have read in this thread so far seem to assume that the indiscretions we have heard about are the only instances. I'm not sure how any judgements of the club or Stengle, rightly or wrongly, can be made based on what little we know. I'm not necessarily just talking about using drugs here, but the range of associated issues that can arise in relation to drug abuse.

Club has gone over the top on this one. The real issue was being careless about his drug use (and by extension embarrassing the club) and not doing it in the privacy of his own home as 95% of all other players that partake do. The drink driving is a bigger issue for mine as he could have killed someone. A decent woman should sort him out.
The issue is not so much his drug use, but that he clearly does not have the dedication to be an elite footballer.

Given his first 2 issues were criminal matters I'd say they fall outside of that particular jurisdiction.

The 3rd one was just plain dumb, even if he didn't take anything. That alone shows you he doesn't have a great deal of intelligence or dedication.

In many workplaces 3 criminal acts in 12 months would be enough to cost you a job. He's EXTREMELY lucky he still has one.

A club in the position we find ourselves in just can't afford these constant issues. We're doing the right thing off field by removing underperforming staff, if the penny doesn't drop for a guy in his 5th year on a list it never will.

No they don't. A strike is recorded for testing positive or being caught in possession of the substance. So no, they fall exactly within.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back