Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

"Adelaide is aware of an off-field matter involving young forward Tyson Stengle who has been stood down from all club duties effective immediately as the Club ascertains all relevant details on the situation.

The Club is working closely with the AFL and AFL Players Association, as well as Stengle’s management in relation to this matter.

While the Club acknowledges there will be significant media and public interest, it is not in a position to make further comment at this stage. More information will be provided as soon as possible."

Last edited:

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Well, that might be it for young Tyson. Sounded very serious seeing there isn't any details on what the incident was.

If so, what a waste as he had the talent to be a long term option.

You would think he was on his last chance, so even if this one is minor which it appears it wasn't then he is gone. Like all industries there are rules for some and rules for others but while he has some potential he is no superstar so I think the club has to move him on.

Ramses Red

Team Captain
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know nothing of the incident but one can only assume this will be the straw that irreparably shatters multiple vertebrae of the humped desert dwellers spine rendering it for ever incapacitated and non-weight bearing only to be cut loose from the herd to wither away, burried under the sands of time all the while lamenting what could have been full stop

According to 7 News, Stengle was caught photographed or filmed taking an illicit substance

Oh, that's quite minor for how the statement was worded. I was thinking along the lines of assault, domestic abuse or something else that'd inevitably result in a criminal court case.

I mean, unfortunately, you can only give so many chances and he's stupid enough to keep getting caught, you have to let him go eventually. Damn shame.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had a gut feeling after his 2nd incident in 4 months that he was no good. He is just a guy who can't control himself.

If I was the club I'd delist him, however offer him a development playing role with the sanfl and if he stays out of trouble and proves himself, I'd put it in a contract he gets a rookie spot at the end of 2021.

Personally though I think he is more the type to just disappear and play suburban footy somewhere.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh, that's quite minor for how the statement was worded. I was thinking along the lines of assault, domestic abuse or something else that'd inevitably result in a criminal court case.

I mean, unfortunately, you can only give so many chances and he's stupid enough to keep getting caught, you have to let him go eventually. Damn shame.

I agree it's more minor than I was expecting.

The bigger issue is he's had two chances and clearly hasn't learned his lesson at all.

Back