hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Clearly Stengle is a consumer not a dealer.

But there is too much emphasis on the drugs issue, when the biggest problem is his lack of professionalism & mental fortitude to succeed at AFL level.
Only 1970 could take that path from what I said.

the AFL has a policy that doesn’t afford your judgement on distinguishing the 2. Look it up, please.
Why, when I said this is NOT predominantly about drugs but a lack of professionalism needed to succeed at AFL level.

You look it up if you want to keep talking about drugs being the main issue.... when it is not.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
No... I answered that in the post you quoted!

However, it sets a poor precedent if we keep people who around who regularly fu**-up... whether it be players or administrators.
Great

Then lets deal with the actual, real cultural problems at the club rather than nipping some make believe possible future problems that could be triggered by allowing Stengle to stay but that don't exist yet in the bud.

Here is a quick reminder of what the actual, real cultural problems are:

“I think if there is greater depth of leadership in the playing group there is the opportunity to support each other a lot more so when these issues arise you don’t feel isolated and the pressure,” said Dunstall.

You'll recall that the review talked about a breakdown in relationships between coaches and players.

Also a culture of self-survival.

There was never any mention of off-field professionalism or discipline being a problem.

Great

Then lets deal with the actual, real cultural problems at the club rather than nipping some make believe possible future problems that could be triggered by allowing Stengle to stay but that don't exist yet in the bud.

You'll recall that the review talked about a breakdown in relationships between coaches and players.

There was never any mention of off-field professionalism or discipline being a problem.
I have been one of the biggest critics of Birdbrain & the damage he did to kill off our premiership window is unforgivable. I detest him for what he has done to our club.

However, we are in the Stengle thread, so how about we stay on topic.

Are you suggesting that Stengle's behaviour is professional or acceptable? Stengle would not have been mentioned in the review, because his 3 strikes have occurred since.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great

So let's have a bunch of Tyson Stengles at the club then, that seems to be what you're saying.

A bunch of talented yet extremely unprofessional and quite frankly lazy footballers who can't keep out of trouble

Do you actually support this club ?.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Richmond's culture and support network as a comparison to ours

Sydney Stack

In a year in which Stack was turfed from the AFL Academy, kicked out of the WA State Academy, stood down for the first game of the under 18 championships and lost his licence, AFL clubs assessing his draft worth didn’t need Sherlock Holmes to discover his wayward nature.

Hardwick: “How clean is he with the ball? We showed some vision to our players where he stood over the ball when oncoming traffic was coming and he didn’t flinch. That’s the kind of Richmond player we want and he fits the mould really well.”

One club’s list manager said: “He’s at the lower end in terms of his IQ off-field, but there was never any doubting his IQ on-field.

“You have to be able to sit back and ask, ‘Does the talent stack up and is the off-field stuff going to affect the on-field?

“You then have to assess your own club. Have we got the resources to give this a chance?

“This is where Richmond have done really well. They’ve clearly put things in place to minimise that risk.”

Incredibly, Damien Hardwick took Stack under his roof in December and for a week in January. He now lives with former Saint and Lion and development coach Xavier Clarke.

“It was massive for ‘Dimma’ to take him in,” one recruiter said.

It doesn't seem to me that we'd be capable of the same

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I have been one of the biggest critics of Birdbrain & the damage he did to kill off our premiership window is unforgivable. I detest him for what he has done to our club.

However, we are in the Stengle thread, so how about we stay on topic.
You're the one who brought up the wider issue of club culture.

Are you suggesting that Stengle's behaviour is professional or acceptable? Stengle would not have been mentioned in the review, because his 3 strikes have occurred since.
That's right. We had SCATHING REVIEW RESULTS regarding our culture COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT of Stengle.

Join the dots!

It ain't him

He's not to blame

He isn't the club's problem

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So let's have a bunch of Tyson Stengles at the club then, that seems to be what you're saying.

A bunch of talented yet extremely unprofessional and quite frankly lazy footballers who can't keep out of trouble

Do you actually support this club ?.
Let's tolerate one player sliding off the rails during one Covid-affected season and get him back on track with our renewed commitment to being selfless, to helping each other and with our beefed up culture department

You're the one who brought up the wider issue of club culture.

That's right. We had SCATHING REVIEW RESULTS regarding our culture COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT of Stengle.

Join the dots!

It ain't him

He's not to blame

He isn't the club's problem
Stengle isn't to blame for his 3 *-ups?

It's the club's fault?

Lol, are you drunk?

Every adult needs to take personal responsibility.

Stengle does not have the mental capacity to have the professionalism to make it at AFL level.

Ps. It wasn't me who brought up the club's culture, but I answered the question you posed to me as a detractor. ;)

Let's tolerate one player sliding off the rails during one Covid-affected season and get him back on track with our renewed commitment to being selfless, to helping each other and with our beefed up culture department
The sooner we have players fully committed to club rather than have to worry about players that need to be babysitted because they take no personal responsibility... the sooner we get our club back on track.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Are we sure it's just that ??

Let's not forget, he couldn't run out half of his first time trial when he first arrived at the club. You'd think a player coming out of a premiership winning club would have a higher level of professionalism than that.

Also, with the company he keeps outside of footy this isn't going to be the end of it. I want to believe it will be, but the evidence isn't good.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Stengle isn't to blame for his 3 fu**-ups?

It's the club's fault?

Lol, are you drunk?
He's not to blame for our club's culture!

In fact he's had no impact because as YOU pointed out he wasn't even in the news when the review took place

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

In fact he's had no impact because as YOU pointed out he wasn't even in the news when the review took place
He's not to blame for it, but you can't tell me he's having a positive influence on it.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Are we sure it's just that ??

Let's not forget, he couldn't run out half of his first time trial when he first arrived at the club. You'd think a player coming out of a premiership winning club would have a higher level of professionalism than that.

Also, with the company he keeps outside of footy this isn't going to be the end of it. I want to believe it will be, but the evidence isn't good.
Yeah, I forgot all about that time trial back in 2018. That swings things completely. Get him out of here Crows!

I'm sure we can scrounge up enough negative tidbits to get rid of any player we want

Where did I blame Stengle for Birdbrain's or any of the administration *-ups?

I haven't!

Once again you are trying diversionary tactics from the thread topic.

Stengle & Stengle alone is responsible for his 3 *-ups & his lack of professionalism needed for AFL.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He's not to blame for it, but you can't tell me he's having a positive influence on it.
So we can't fix anything from the review

But we can get rid of this guy and at least make it look like we're achieving something

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So we can't fix anything from the review

But we can get rid of this guy and at least make it look like we're achieving something
His indiscretions were AFTER the review.

Why are you so keen to take all responsibility away from the player ??

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Where did I blame Stengle for Birdbrain's or any of the administration fu**-ups?

I haven't!

Once again you are trying diversionary tactics from the thread topic.

Stengle & Stengle alone is responsible for his 3 fu**-ups & his lack of professionalism needed for AFL.
That's right

So let's not bother with the club culture bollocks or the supposed negative impact he has had or will have

Stengle's issues are minor, meaningless and isolated to him. The issues Dunstall uncovered are deep, damaging and should be 100% of our focus

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah, I forgot all about that time trial back in 2018. That swings things completely. Get him out of here Crows!

I'm sure we can scrounge up enough negative tidbits to get rid of any player we want
What I'm saying is his low levels of commitment aren't new.

You'd be a great boss to work for, I could do **** all and you'd give me a raise. If I stuffed up I'd just say its all my bosses fault.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's right

So let's not bother with the club culture bollocks or the supposed negative impact he has had or will have

Stengle's issues are minor, meaningless and isolated to him. The issues Dunstall uncovered are deep, damaging and should be 100% of our focus
This is hilarious

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
His indiscretions were AFTER the review.
That's right

So the club's diabolical toxic cultural issues existed before Stengle started screwing up. So his issues are irrelevant to the much greater, deeper issues we're trying to deal with

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's right

So the club's diabolical toxic cultural issues existed before Stengle started screwing up. So his issues are irrelevant to the much greater, deeper issues we're trying to deal with
So as the club is trying to change we still have him doing what he's doing.

C'mon Carl I thought you were more intelligent than this

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
What I'm saying is his low levels of commitment aren't new.

You'd be a great boss to work for, I could do **** all and you'd give me a raise. If I stuffed up I'd just say its all my bosses fault.
If you were having issues and needed help you'd think I was a great boss

That's right

Again with the diversionary tactics!

We are in agreement over our shyte administration destroying the fabric of our club. Why do you keep raising this like we disagree, because we don't.

However, this thread is about Stengle & his *-ups which have nothing to do with the administration of the club.

Back