Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

So as the club is trying to change we still have him doing what he's doing.

C'mon Carl I thought you were more intelligent than this
Are we trying to change from being an environment where players continually are having off-field drug problems?

Or did the review uncover a completely different set of issues?

Are we trying to change from being an environment where players continually are having off-field drug problems?

Or did the review uncover a completely different set of issues?
That's not even close to the point and you know it.

Again with the diversionary tactics!

We are in agreement over our sh*te administration destroying the fabric of our club. Why do you keep raising this like we disagree, because we don't.

However, this thread is about Stengle & his fu**-ups which have nothing to do with the administration of the club.
He knows he's beaten, he's just being obtuse

Again with the diversionary tactics!

We are in agreement over our sh*te administration destroying the fabric of our club. Why do you keep raising this like we disagree, because we don't.

However, this thread is about Stengle & his fu**-ups which have nothing to do with the administration of the club.
Fine, then stop saying stuff like this...

However, keeping players who have 3 fu**-ups in just over a year doesn't improve the culture of a club... as it sends a message to players you can do whatever you want & there will be little consequences.
As though getting rid of Stengle has any impact on our culture at all.

We should focus on the issues raised in the review rather than torch someone for off-field indiscretions and disguise it as culture building

I (amazingly) found what Camporeale said interesting. That maybe some time at the Eagles and away from the club will help make him realise what he's missing. That some players get comfortable in the AFL system and take it for granted.

*If* that's what we're doing then credit to us. We'll wait and see.

What might grow our culture is if a player falls off the rails, we throw our support behind them, they improve their professionalism and return to play good football for our club. That's culture.

Fine, then stop saying stuff like this...

As though getting rid of Stengle has any impact on our culture at all.

We should focus on the issues raised in the review rather than torch someone for off-field indiscretions and disguise it as culture building

I (amazingly) found what Camporeale said interesting. That maybe some time at the Eagles and away from the club will help make him realise what he's missing. That some players get comfortable in the AFL system and take it for granted.

*If* that's what we're doing then credit to us. We'll wait and see.

What might grow our culture is if a player falls off the rails, we throw our support behind them, they improve their professionalism and return to play good football for our club. That's culture.
Keeping players who take no personal responsibility won't improve the culture of the club.

Why should I stop making statements which are true?

You are in la la land if you think keeping unprofessional players around is good for a club.

I want players who are fully committed to AFC.

Keeping players who take no personal responsibility won't improve the culture of the club.

Why should I stop making statements which are true?

You are in la la land if you think keeping unprofessional players around is good for a club.

I want players who are fully committed to AFC.
45 Mackays

Nearly every comment I have read in this thread so far seem to assume that the indiscretions we have heard about are the only instances. I'm not sure how any judgements of the club or Stengle, rightly or wrongly, can be made based on what little we know. I'm not necessarily just talking about using drugs here, but the range of associated issues that can arise in relation to drug abuse.

agree

but we can only go by what we know; and there is zero evidence of any abuse or habit that would lead to a pattern of destructive behaviours

if such abuse and patterns do exist then sure, of course we should assist accordingly but all we know is that he had a couple of lines socially in the off-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is that there has been no indication this has taken place.

If we threw our support behind Stengle after he was busted drink driving in April 2020, then why in September is he being busted buying drugs, and then in December being caught on film with drugs?

Is that indicative of a player which has made any steps whatsoever to improve their professionalism? It's mostly on the player to work on this.

The other alternative is we didn't support Stengle back in April, in which case it's now far too late to suddenly change course

Classic missing of the point by you again, how the **** are you a mod ??

He was caught by the police in a drug deal, its a criminal matter. If that were you and me we'd more than likely been sacked on the spot after a 2nd incident in 12 months.

It's useless engaging in this discussion with you as you're devoid of rational thought. You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

you need to get out more often, the real world is just getting too far away from you

What some of you don't understand is that it was the bad culture of the club that drove Stengle to drugs. I mean, as soon as he read Dunstal's bad revue of the club's culture, he gave up. I think that with a good barrister, he could sue the club for pushing him into trying drugs.
I'm with you Karl. It is all the club's fault.

What some of you don't understand is that it was the bad culture of the club that drove Stengle to drugs. I mean, as soon as he read Dunstal's bad revue of the club's culture, he gave up. I think that with a good barrister, he could sue the club for pushing him into trying drugs.
I'm with you Karl. It is all the club's fault.

i don’t agree there is even an “it” in the first place.

Why, when I said this is NOT predominantly about drugs but a lack of professionalism needed to succeed at AFL level.

You look it up if you want to keep talking about drugs being the main issue.... when it is not.

You can't have it both ways. The AFL has mandated that illicit drugs are a health issue and have imposed a struct regime. You cannot then pick and choose what is a health problem and a professionalism problem. And even if you were, every event has been in the off-season, if he got up and did his run like the other 20 guys on our list on the gear at some point that week, how is he any less professional than them.

Last edited:
Great

Then lets deal with the actual, real cultural problems at the club rather than nipping some make believe possible future problems that could be triggered by allowing Stengle to stay but that don't exist yet in the bud.

Here is a quick reminder of what the actual, real cultural problems are:

You'll recall that the review talked about a breakdown in relationships between coaches and players.

Also a culture of self-survival.

There was never any mention of off-field professionalism or discipline being a problem.

I don't think that quote is about player/coach divide. It seems to suggest that there's an issue of leadership throughout the playing list. And that there wasn't any, or if there was, it's unwelcome, leadership underneath the anointed leaders. Very public service culture and it no doubt infested the playing group.

Last edited:
You can't have it both ways. The AFL has mandated that illicit drugs are a health issue and have imposed a struct regime. You cannot then pick and choose what is a health problem and a professionalism problem. And even if you were, every event has been in the off-season, if he got up and did his run like the other 20 guys on our list on the gear at some point that week, how is he any less professional than them.
I never said I want it both ways. Feel free to quote where I have.

All I have said is I want quality committed players at our club who act professionally.

Someone who *-ups 3 times in a year is not professional & never will be.

Again you are bringing up the drug issue when my argument is one of players being committed to get the best out of themselves for AFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back