Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

He played 12 games for us in 2020.. and he was well on the way to cementing a spot in the best 22.. as a young player.

Your carrying on like he spent the entire time he was at the club playing in the SANFL side..
Kind of surprise he played that much games TBH (I don't recall him having any influential or breakout game). Looks like he should have been dropped multiple times so hardly "cementing"......hence, fringe player.
1664082688870.png

Last edited:
Should have been dropped multiple times so hardly "cementing"......hence, fringe player.
View attachment 1517919
Do you have the memory of a goldfish?..

Being a forward in that 2020 crows side must have been fun..

He played 12 games and scored 8 goals..

How many games did murphy, rowe and mchenry kick this year in all their games?..

The morons, and you, clearly thought he was a fringe player..

And how fxxking wrong they, and you, have been proven to have been!

But keep digging..

That’s really easy to say, and it’s the sort of empty rationalisation that bad teams make regularly.

It sounds good, but there isn’t actually any basis at all for what it is claimed.

Bad apples? Again, the problem with this loose and flamboyant language is that there is zero substance (boom tish) behind it.

It’s just rationalisation.

so what you’re concluding is that we did everything right? Because that’s what you want to believe

The proof is in the pudding, and that proof does not suggest we made the right decisions, in the right way or even for the right reasons.

In essence, what you’re arguing is the “ahh but it’s different…” gambit

It’s not different

you’ve said a whole lot of nothing across three separate comments.

i’m not saying we should be commended for what was done or that we did everything right at all. in fact, if we were a better footy club with stronger leadership and a stronger culture we should and would have been able to turn him around.

the problem is, we weren’t. if you’ve ever managed a team you would understand the cancerous effect of troublesome behaviour on an already shaky foundation.

not sure what is flamboyant about saying someone was a bad apple but three major indiscretions across less than three years speaks for itself.

not sure where i said anything about “it being different”.

my point is that, all things considered, including the state of our club at the time, cutting him was the right decision.

there are a select few teams with the strength in their culture and leadership to turn him around like the Cats did. they had good people, brought in the right people, and did it perfectly.

How many games did murphy, rowe and mchenry kick this year in all their games?..

But keep digging..
I recall Rowe's first game against Carlton as a genuine small forward and thought WOW but didn't see this in any of Stengle games. McHenry and Murphy don't play like genuine small forwards, they play further up the ground which Stengle is playing exceptional at Geelong as he looks a lot fitter and also hitting the score board as a small forward.

Last edited:
you’ve said a whole lot of nothing across three separate comments.

i’m not saying we should be commended for what was done or that we did everything right at all. in fact, if we were a better footy club with stronger leadership and a stronger culture we should and would have been able to turn him around.

the problem is, we weren’t. if you’ve ever managed a team you would understand the cancerous effect of a bad influence on an already shaky foundation.

not sure what is flamboyant about saying someone was a bad apple but three major indiscretions across less than three years speaks for itself.

not sure where i said anything about “it being different”.

my point is that, all things considered, including the state of our club at the time, cutting him was the right decision.

there are a select few teams with the strength in their culture and leadership to turn him around like the Cats did. they had good people, brought in the right people, and did it perfectly.

Cancerous? WTF. What an absurd slur. There is no evidence whatsoever that he damaged our locker room morale at all. None.

Can you point me to where in that thread I can find you offering any defence of Fogarty?
I've never ever said he was a bust. I said if he can get AFL fit, he can develop into a Petracca type midfielder as I've seen him display this power movement in his early games for short period and he is very quick in the first 20m.

Cancerous? WTF. What an absurd slur. There is no evidence whatsoever that he damaged our locker room morale at all. None.

i’m quickly remembering why i stopped reading this forum.

i don’t think he was influencing others necessarily, so corrected my wording there, but I never said he was cancerous at all.

i said bad behaviours, characters, people stepping out of line, not abiding by team principles and ethics, has a CANCEROUS EFFECT on teams undergoing change and with weak fundamentals.

anyone watch the Cats unveil in front of their fans today? De Koning commenting that Selwood told them not to get too carried away last night, because they want to enjoy the moment of today.

it’s about setting a strong culture and boundaries. step out of line once, they will try to bring you back in, twice maybe you’ll get another chance. he fkd up three times.

this wasn’t a young draftee or someone that had been at the club for years and proven his worth. it was a player already onto his second chance at a second club.

why aren’t people criticising the tigers for letting him go? no behavioural issues then?

i’m quickly remembering why i stopped reading this forum.

i don’t think he was influencing others necessarily, so corrected my wording there, but I never said he was cancerous at all.

i said bad behaviours, characters, people stepping out of line, not abiding by team principles and ethics, has a CANCEROUS EFFECT on teams undergoing change and with weak fundamentals.

anyone watch the Cats unveil in front of their fans today? De Koning commenting that Selwood told them not to get too carried away last night, because they want to enjoy the moment of today.

it’s about setting a strong culture and boundaries. step out of line once, they will try to bring you back in, twice maybe you’ll get another chance. he fkd up three times.

this wasn’t a young draftee or someone that had been at the club for years and proven his worth. it was a player already onto his second chance at a second club.

why aren’t people criticising the tigers for letting him go? no behavioural issues then?

Oh, you didnt describe him as cancerous, you just said he has a cancerous effect? And that's your defence? Shameful.

His '* ups' were two squirts of * all. You're deliberately overegging them to slur a player running protection for a notoriously inept club, and you're getting on your high horse about why you don't read the site?

Who cares if you don't want to be on the site if this is what you have to offer.

Oh, you didnt describe him as cancerous, you just said he has a cancerous effect? And that's your defence? Shameful.

His '* ups' were two squirts of * all. You're deliberately overegging them to slur a player running protection for a notoriously inept club, and you're getting on your high horse about why you don't read the site?

Who cares if you don't want to be on the site if this is what you have to offer.
read it again, maybe you’ll be able to work through basic english on the third time around. apologies if it’s your second language.

i said bad behaviours can have a cancerous effect when trying to establish team culture.

two squirts of fk all? nearly three times over the legal limit and driving … have you ever lost a family member to such? caught by the police with cocaine then more footage coming through shortly after of him with it, again. not exactly principles you want to establish a club on.

You consider DUI with a blood alcohol reading of 0.125 as a f*ck all offense WTF, you do know you have a much bigger chance of getting into a serious injuries and possibly killing yourself, your passenger and others?? Some employer will even fire you on the spot with no discussion if you they find out you got a DUI.

Yeah lets not princples or rules hey just do what you what the actual * he broke the rules plain and simple 3 times , sorry but its on him no one else or do we just let standards go sounds to me like certain people on here dont give a s**t just keep making mistakes at some point the line in the sand had to be drawn

I like how Stengle is an AA premiership player and we still have supporters rationalising Adelaide's decision. Good lord. Just take the damn L.
Yeah, geez just throw it on the pile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But keep digging..
Yeah, you can't deny his talent. He was always going to be very good.

Just needs Eddie and his family to support him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

read it again, maybe you’ll be able to work through basic english on the third time around. apologies if it’s your second language.

i said bad behaviours can have a cancerous effect when trying to establish team culture.

two squirts of fk all? nearly three times over the legal limit and driving … have you ever lost a family member to such? caught by the police with cocaine then more footage coming through shortly after of him with it, again. not exactly principles you want to establish a club on.
DUI aside, his main "crime" in regards to Coke is making it public.

Players use it, dirty lil secret across the AFL.

But make it public, your in trouble.

nah, this is just manufacturing evidence out of nothingness. When has the AFL media gone after clubs for over-punishment?
Isn't that my point?

Our punishment in line with Industry expectation therefore Crocmedia aren't sinking the boots in after we let go a player of such calibre due to "minor indiscretions ".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back