Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Puts a whole new perspective on the story doesn’t it
This just sounds like dumb management from us. Why would we keep a bloke on our list for 2 years, knowing we won't play him?
If he had accepted the offer, we would have been a player down on the list. With him off the list, we get the chance to fill a need or pick a youngster that develops through the year.
I just don't get why we would even offer this?

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Good luck to Tyson in trying to get an AFL lifeline, thought our offer for him to play SANFL for a year before returning to our AFL program was more than generous.
The club has found a great replacement in Jimmy Rowe based on evidence so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
he didn’t actually do very much though

People forget how trivial his supposed misdemeanours were
He had his chances Colonel, nobody to blame but himself.
The club gave him a pretty easy option to continue at the club and he wasn't prepared to meet the obligations.
Time to move on Colonel.

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
Genuinely sad to see the kid go - there were times I think I saw what he could have been. But the attitude is clearly all wrong and we can't change that. Only he can change that himself. Good management on behalf of the club to throw him not only a lifeline but an attitude test at the same time. Sadly he failed. (Bit of a two year old tantrum to not accept a year in the SANFL after his third FUp as it sure could have been the making of him). Now he's messed up at two clubs I doubt anyone will take him on. What could have been... sad.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He had his chances Colonel, nobody to blame but himself.
The club gave him a pretty easy option to continue at the club and he wasn't prepared to meet the obligations.
Time to move on Colonel.

firstly I don’t care that much as I never saw a first rate player there, not that should influence the right n wrongs of anything

secondly you’re having a laugh. That’s not an easy option, it’s pretty much unprecedented. We don’t know what financial terms we tried to impose either.

Most of all he didn’t trust us to treat him right if he did what was asked. And I don’t think that’s an unfair concern on his behalf

i wouldn’t trust us either

CH Jazz

Team Captain
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
he didn’t actually do very much though

People forget how trivial his supposed misdemeanours were

I'd be suggesting the club knows way more then we do. We know he fu*ked up three times inside 12 months. I'd suggest the number is probably much higher. For example, training standards, presumably the club had him on a very frequent targeted drug testing regime, dumb bloke probably failed that several times too.

Last thing we want is this ******* inviting the young players for a night out on the town. Bloody well done on the club for taking out the trash and sending a crystal clear message to the rest of the playing group. Commit or fuc* off.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be suggesting the club knows way more then we do. We know he fu*ked up three times inside 12 months. I'd suggest the number is probably much higher. For example, training standards, presumably the club had him on a very frequent targeted drug testing regime, dumb bloke probably failed that several times too.

Last thing we want is this ******* inviting the young players for a night out on the town. Bloody well done on the club for taking out the trash and sending a crystal clear message to the rest of the playing group. Commit or fuc* off.

yeah, that might be true; and it might not be even the slightest bit true

just assuming the club is right by default hasn’t worked terribly well so far given literally everyone involved in recent years has been sacked, and the current lot were the architects of the great Brad crouch bluff

all you can do is go by what you see.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Quite the imagination you have.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
The club didn't get rid of Stengle he walked. The club tried to stick with him and work through this with him but when player culture has been an issue the club was right to distance its playing group from someone who has proven he can't be trusted. The players clearly back the clubs stance.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I haven't really been following this thread. Has this joke been done yet? Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

FpF5WIA.gif

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
So I haven't read every page of this thread, but I do remember reading or being under the impression that Stengle would not be eligible for the mid-season draft

but this article suggests otherwise

https://www.afl.com.au/news/603543/mid-season-draft-contenders-ex-crows-trio-on-radar

The 22-year-old kicked four goals against the Crows' SANFL side earlier this month. He has been mentored in the past by ex-Crow and current Carlton small forward Eddie Betts, and is eligible for the mid-season draft under terms agreed in his departure from Adelaide.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
May 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
A quick search and the Tyson Stengle situation has barely been discussed since he's gone on to become one of Geelong's best players and probably the best all round small forward in the game.

It's obvious we shat the bed, we couldn't back ourselves in to help him and thought it would be a better PR exercise to just wash our hands of a player getting up to what every other player in the comp does.

He'd be in our top 4 players with Tex, Daws and Lairdy.

Discuss!

🔑🍜

Last edited:

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
A quick search and the Tyson Stengle situation has barely been discussed since he's gone on to become of Geelong's best players and probably the best all round small forward in the game.

It's obvious we shat the bed, we couldn't back ourselves in to help him and thought it would be a better PR exercise to just wash our hands of a player getting up to what every other player in the comp does.

Discuss!

Plenty of us were vocal at the time that it was an overreaction by us.

One thing I would say is that by us dropping him he may have also realise that he needed to pull his finger out at Geelong.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plenty of us were vocal at the time that it was an overreaction by us.

One thing I would say is that by us dropping him he may have also realise that he needed to pull his finger out at Geelong.
Yep. It wasn't a one-off situation that led to us giving him the boot. He had repeated opportunities to get his act together. The kick up the butt was probably what he needed.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
A quick search and the Tyson Stengle situation has barely been discussed since he's gone on to become of Geelong's best players and probably the best all round small forward in the game.

Discuss!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me......but more than likely had he shown this form we would have given him more chances like Degoey has at Collingwood.

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember this post when my suspicion is confirmed that the handling of Stengle is one of the later incidents linked with questionable club policy over several years. (Of which "The Camp" and its aftermath is the most famous example.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back