News Tyson Stengle signs two-year extension

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't believe how much negativity there is regarding Rowe. He had a very passable first season for a small forward. If Burgess can get him AFL fit, he will have a pretty good career.
The negativity is around how he plays for me.

He doesn't put his body in, he is very poor in the contest, he lacks pace, he dives and throws his head back playing for frees.

I hate everything about those attributes.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
The worst thing about Stengle is he forced our hand and still got a commensurate outcome.
like * off matee. We just gave you an extension. Does he or his manager give a *?
How many strikes is he on? Something we don’t know. He’s been totally protected through this while some have said we’ve taken a hard hand and at the same time saying clubs are mad to take him mid year. * that guy and what he did. He’s not an island.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The worst thing about Stengle is he forced our hand and still got a commensurate outcome.
like fu** off matee. We just gave you an extension. Does he or his manager give a fu**?
How many strikes is he on? Something we don’t know. He’s been totally protected through this while some have said we’ve taken a hard hand and at the same time saying clubs are mad to take him mid year. fu** that guy and what he did. He’s not an island.

Not everyone was of that view. We made our own bed in the matter. AFL saw fit to suspend him for 4 weeks and we wanted him suspended for the season. That's on us.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
like fu** off matee. We just gave you an extension. Does he or his manager give a fu**?
How many strikes is he on? Something we don’t know. He’s been totally protected through this while some have said we’ve taken a hard hand and at the same time saying clubs are mad to take him mid year. fu** that guy and what he did. He’s not an island.
So.. you have no idea “how many strikes he is on” (your own words) but your are gonna assume its more than we know and youre gonna claim he’s been totally protected and write him off..

nice.

the lad did a stupid thing in drink driving. This is the worst thing he did.

then he got caught with a bit of coke.. who gives a toss.

Then he got photographed in front of a plate at a party.. and wasnt charged for anything by the law of the land on this occassion.

but he lost his position in an AFL side over it.. way too harsh a punishment compared with what other players get away with and still keep their position.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Not everyone was of that view. We made our own bed in the matter. AFL saw fit to suspend him for 4 weeks and we wanted him suspended for the season. That's on us.
The AFL didn’t strike him for the last measure and he sat the yr out playing SANFL.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So.. you have no idea “how many strikes he is on” (your own words) but your are gonna assume its more than we know and youre gonna claim he’s been totally protected and write him off..

nice.

Then he got photographed in front of a plate at a party.. and wasnt charged for anything by the law of the land on this occassion.

but he lost his position in an AFL side over it.. way too harsh a punishment compared with what other players get away with and still keep their position.
Yep. He’s a s**t campaigner. Drunk as * driving and then with Crouch late and then making pizza dough.
Yeah ok. Within a year and getting an extension. * off Tyson.👍

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues

nice.

Remember when Graham Johncock would get blasted when he returned from the break unfit - these issues with Tyson were also there - his lack of application which occurred at two AFL clubs - there were also some social issues when over indulging, the three incidents that were made public to the wider community through the media weren't the only issues.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The negativity is around how he plays for me.

He doesn't put his body in, he is very poor in the contest, he lacks pace, he dives and throws his head back playing for frees.

I hate everything about those attributes.
He is also selfish rarely sharing the ball with his team mates when they are in a better position. I agree the dropping of the knees is embarrassing from one of our players. Not sure why this hasn't been pulled up by Nicks but I can't stand this look from any player and especially from one of ours. He is average at best.

He is also selfish rarely sharing the ball with his team mates when they are in a better position. I agree the dropping of the knees is embarrassing from one of our players. Not sure why this hasn't been pulled up by Nicks but I can't stand this look from any player and especially from one of ours. He is average at best.

Why should Nicks? His job is to win, not protect the sanctity of the game.

Up to the AFL to stamp it out, and until they do, good on Rowe for doing it.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Amazing how a good club was able to get the best out of him. Hopefully he goes well at Geelong too.
That's the other weird part about the comparison to Rowe.

Stengles SANFL season , even after many years on an AFL list was slightly worse than Rowe's last SANFL season in SANFL with no AFL background.

So Rowe has been better in the SANFL and at least done as well in the AFL (If not better ) with less time in the AFL system.

Hard to see how Stengle does much more than sit on Geelongs list for 2 years before coming home if we consider Rowe as not going to make it.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why should Nicks? His job is to win, not protect the sanctity of the game.

Up to the AFL to stamp it out, and until they do, good on Rowe for doing it.
I'm sure you whistle the same tune when players from other clubs do it too :drunk:

If Nicks is preaching to seek the contest, I doubt there is an asterisk with *so you can draw a high free by lifting your arm and dropping you height!!

The only exception is of course Shoey in a final against pOwer in over-time, then I'm with you!

I'm sure you whistle the same tune when players from other clubs do it too :drunk:

If Nicks is preaching to seek the contest, I doubt there is an asterisk with *so you can draw a high free by lifting your arm and dropping you height!!

The only exception is of course Shoey in a final against pOwer in over-time, then I'm with you!

Frankly, I don't care in the slightest that players duck. If you can legally get an advantage in this league, you're silly not too.

It's likely something that's just never talked about, either as a pro or con. Just something that happens every now and then. It would be incredibly dumb for Nick's to complain about it, seeing he does need to win games to keep his job. It would be incredibly dumb for Rowe to try to change as it gives another avenue for goals.

Not that I'm against using it in a banter sense though.

That's the other weird part about the comparison to Rowe.

Stengles SANFL season , even after many years on an AFL list was slightly worse than Rowe's last SANFL season in SANFL with no AFL background.

So Rowe has been better in the SANFL and at least done as well in the AFL (If not better ) with less time in the AFL system.

Hard to see how Stengle does much more than sit on Geelongs list for 2 years before coming home if we consider Rowe as not going to make it.

It's certainly a statement on how little ready-to-go small forward talent there is in the state leagues at the moment.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
He’s got talent, that’s not doubted for mine. Reckon he’ll do okay at the Cats, they don’t have too many forwards like him

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Still amazing to me that some posters on here think we should be “above” doing things that help you win.
It's not about being above it - I just don't like it. I don't like when opposition players do it, I don't like when our players do it.

I'm not sure that it makes you a better team if the players are encouraged to play for frees? There is a mindset issue there.

Also, do you believe that playing for frees helps you win? Did you know that last year we were 2nd on the frees for list with 464, only beaten by Power on 465?

Back