U/18's which team has the best midfield, backline, forward line etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

harthom

Debutant
Jun 25, 2007
avenel
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Mighty Avenel Swans
just give us your thoughts on which U/18's side has the best midfield which one has the best backline etc!

big tony

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2005
Club Jism
AFL Club
Essendon
just give us your thoughts on which U/18's side has the best midfield which one has the best backline etc!

forward line - violet town have goal kickers lee brennan 40 odd josh mellington 40 odd anthony harwood around 25. not bad considering 2 have missed games due to senior games.

Bonge69

Senior List
Feb 25, 2007
Ellen Francis Hotel
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
VT Walker Shield XI
forward line - violet town have goal kickers lee brennan 40 odd josh mellington 40 odd anthony harwood around 25. not bad considering 2 have missed games due to senior games.
Undera has two pretty handy players in big BC and there #3 who nearly took an amazing hangar after the first quarter was moved into the middle. They had a bloke called George Kanters?? i think who was on a flank who also played well on a permit i think though

Jun 24, 2007
your house
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Seatle Sea Hawks
a team needs to have all of these factors to make a great team, violet town contains them with players who are able to swap from centre to frwd or to back. players to watch for ely harrison, nick hearn, tom mc corkel and more

Gissa

Senior List
Jul 16, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
when gus macdonald plays in the ruck the VT midfield is very strong. it means harrison can go forward and floate play backline, good use of the few talls VT have.

oxxy_01

Senior List
Mar 1, 2007
Centre Half Bench
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Curling
backline: no real dominat backline in the league. stanhope probably however the ball rarely gets passed the middle in a lot of there games.
stanhope midfield: patto n the boys. ardmonas is also good
vt foward: leading goalkickers have kicked a lot of goals..statistics tell the tale.

juddy wce

Senior List
May 7, 2007
woop woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ardmonas forwaed line is the best with , Scott, Howard, Magaan and Hurd.

Underas backline is the best goin round dont the players names but as a whole back 6 they are the best. That is reflected in the points that they have conseeded. 522 at an average of 40 points against per game not bad.

Midfields are close between Ardmona and Rushy. Ardy killed us in the center breaks when we played them with Hurd,McCall, MEllington and Collins give first use of the footy. Rushys midfield is good but no forwards or backs to help out. Damon ,Chilliworth, TElsford, REid, Clarke are good round the ground but lack support.

acadex

Debutant
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Ardmonas forwaed line is the best with , Scott, Howard, Magaan and Hurd.

Underas backline is the best goin round dont the players names but as a whole back 6 they are the best. That is reflected in the points that they have conseeded. 522 at an average of 40 points against per game not bad.

Midfields are close between Ardmona and Rushy. Ardy killed us in the center breaks when we played them with Hurd,McCall, MEllington and Collins give first use of the footy. Rushys midfield is good but no forwards or backs to help out. Damon ,Chilliworth, TElsford, REid, Clarke are good round the ground but lack support.
What about stanhope, with the two priemier on ballers in the league patten and Stokes, as well as having Nexhip and Robinson in the forward line as well Taylor and A Leocater in the back line they must look fairly strong on paper in comparison to other sides??? As well as O'riely Densley and a number of other contributers??

wmat4

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Around the trap
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
What about stanhope, with the two priemier on ballers in the league patten and Stokes, as well as having Nexhip and Robinson in the forward line as well Taylor and A Leocater in the back line they must look fairly strong on paper in comparison to other sides??? As well as O'riely Densley and a number of other contributers??

yeah i agree acadex, stanny has good players over the park, not just one or two standouts in the guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gostanhope

Rookie
Oct 31, 2006
Stanhope
AFL Club
Hawthorn
this shows vt rely on 3 bloke to kick there goals. if a side has 3 descent defenders who can shut them down will go a long way towards winning the game.

gostanhope

Rookie
Oct 31, 2006
Stanhope
AFL Club
Hawthorn
yeah i agree acadex, stanny has good players over the park, not just one or two standouts in the guts.
a very under rated player very reliable in the stanny backline is jack cockroft. reads the ball well and has a dip. never seems to fumble or over run the ball

forty one

Senior List
Sep 26, 2006
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the scheme of things, most of you guys are just fodder for the seconds comp. Don't get carried away with yourselves. Remember where you are.

oxxy_01

Senior List
Mar 1, 2007
Centre Half Bench
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Curling
In the scheme of things, most of you guys are just fodder for the seconds comp. Don't get carried away with yourselves. Remember where you are.

yes thirds are the bottom feeders to the seniors and maybe, i say maybe, seconds football as well and mate, don't you play 2nds footy...and from what ive seen a few thirds players having a game in the 2nds are far better than the regulars in the sides...and secondly, dont be dissin' people from voicing their opinions on there own comp, it looks like you never get off the bigfooty senior thread and countless comments on thirds football.

forty one

Senior List
Sep 26, 2006
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
yes thirds are the bottom feeders to the seniors and maybe, i say maybe, seconds football as well and mate, don't you play 2nds footy...and from what ive seen a few thirds players having a game in the 2nds are far better than the regulars in the sides...and secondly, dont be dissin' people from voicing their opinions on there own comp, it looks like you never get off the bigfooty senior thread and countless comments on thirds football.

Fair enough...i think. Don't exactly understand the last bit though. You have made 133 posts since March and i have done 47 since last year. Didn't realise the third's thread was restricted. Consider myself chastised - my original post was probably uncalled for. As for playing 2's, no i dont. Wouldn't even get a game with Murch 2's. Finally, the thirds running around in the 2's are generally better than the old farts. Should be too. Lot younger and fitter.

jatzy#11

Draftee
Jul 11, 2007
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
St Kilda
backline= stanhope very strong with not many big scores kicked against them
midfeild= avenel with players like sidebottom, williams, fulco, chee, stevens and hardisty very hard to go past
foward= vt for sure with 3 of the top ten goal kickers goin to be hard to knock off come finals

leigh10

Rookie
Jul 16, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Carlton
well myself....i think ardy has a great all round side weather it b back,middle or forward....I think only thing that does let us down is fitness and being able to run out a whole game.
With hurdy having a killer of a yr with the helps of haas,jai and big man nick.
there backline is good too.With donny FB with helps like wongy and collo,however they have a habit of running off there man but not gettting back for turn overs :(
As for the forward line....Scott?Well the kids gunna and already is a freak!He is kicking em from every where!Big plugger,get in his way and he'l run straight thru ya and a couple of lil goal sneeks helping out.Also cant go past campbell,but how ya got playing on him?Seriously.Midfields i agree on the stanhope lads they go alright too.

wmat4

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Around the trap
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
well myself....i think ardy has a great all round side weather it b back,middle or forward....I think only thing that does let us down is fitness and being able to run out a whole game.
With hurdy having a killer of a yr with the helps of haas,jai and big man nick.
there backline is good too.With donny FB with helps like wongy and collo,however they have a habit of running off there man but not gettting back for turn overs :(
As for the forward line....Scott?Well the kids gunna and already is a freak!He is kicking em from every where!Big plugger,get in his way and he'l run straight thru ya and a couple of lil goal sneeks helping out.Also cant go past campbell,but how ya got playing on him?Seriously.Midfields i agree on the stanhope lads they go alright too.
only know of patten, who plays in the stanny midfield?? and are they any good

sharpshoota

Debutant
May 7, 2007
leather central
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stanhope Eaglehawk
only know of patten, who plays in the stanny midfield?? and are they any good

Yeah besides Patten in there midfield they have Alex O' Rielly, very handy footballer. Nick West, started off backline and has worked his way into the middle and is a regular ball winner for the boys and swapping into the middle is Jason Leocata and Regan Hanson. Two hairy boys that obviously are allergic to razorblades but arent allergic to the pill:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back