Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hi all,

I am the coach of a side playing in a 2 day 50 over Grand final starting this weekend and I am looking for any advice, edge, tips etc I can get.

We have 4 good bats and 3 average and the rest so-so. We have 2 gun bowlers, 6 fair and the rest trying there best!

We are playing against a team who are undefeated and score regularly over 250:eek:

They seem to not care what the opposition make and look to chase down targets with relative ease.

I have told the boys to focus on us and the fact that we are an extremely even side with lots of contributors.

Unleash some pearlers and wisdom on me, please!!!!!!!

P.s the boys want to bowl 1st after chasing 186 in the semi.

Hi all,

I am the coach of a side playing in a 2 day 50 over Grand final starting this weekend and I am looking for any advice, edge, tips etc I can get.

We have 4 good bats and 3 average and the rest so-so. We have 2 gun bowlers, 6 fair and the rest trying there best!

We are playing against a team who are undefeated and score regularly over 250:eek:

They seem to not care what the opposition make and look to chase down targets with relative ease.

I have told the boys to focus on us and the fact that we are an extremely even side with lots of contributors.

Unleash some pearlers and wisdom on me, please!!!!!!!

P.s the boys want to bowl 1st after chasing 186 in the semi.
Relax! Don't pass any of your anxieties onto the players.

Let them play! Don't clutter them with plans, tactics etc.

If your kids have made it this far they are obviously pretty good. Whatever happens, happens.

Where in the order do you have your good bats?
I am planning on my two openers and 1st drop as my fair batters and have asked them to aim for 3 an over and I will retire each after 25 balls. I will then bring in my 3 best bats at 4,5 & 6 and am hoping they will be facing the not so good bowlers and can increase the run rate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am planning on my two openers and 1st drop as my fair batters and have asked them to aim for 3 an over and I will retire each after 25 balls. I will then bring in my 3 best bats at 4,5 & 6 and am hoping they will be facing the not so good bowlers and can increase the run rate!
2 day game, 50 overs each side. Batsmen must retire after facing a max 40 balls. Bowlers must bowl 3 overs each before anyone can bowl there 4th.
If you only get to face 40 balls (which seems like a bizarre rule in a 50 over game) why would you retire the first 3 after 25? Just let them face their 40 as your next 3 are going to be able to face 40 anyway.

Can you go back in if everyone else is out if you have faced your 40 balls?

If you only get to face 40 balls (which seems like a bizarre rule in a 50 over game) why would you retire the first 3 after 25? Just let them face their 40 as your next 3 are going to be able to face 40 anyway.

Can you go back in if everyone else is out if you have faced your 40 balls?
I wanted the first 3 to see the good bowlers out and then retire them so they can come back out after everyone has batted. Normally 4,5 &6 don't get the opportunity to come back in. These 3 are my weapons and I want them facing average bowlers and taking full toll.

Open one of your best bats with an average one who can hit a ball.. like Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana. Tell the average one to have a dip. And again an average bat at first drop.

Hopefully he gets you off to a flying start, and then bring in your other good batsmen to bury them.

Good luck !

Open one of your best bats with an average one who can hit a ball.. like Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana. Tell the average one to have a dip. And again an average bat at first drop.

Hopefully he gets you off to a flying start, and then bring in your other good batsmen to bury them.

Good luck !
:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back