U16 Vic Metro Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

typewriter

All Australian
Feb 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys any idea if the 16s metro training squad has been anounced yet?
if so any info on any of the boys????
you would think there would be a lot from Northern and Western as they both went through the recent champs undefeated, and winning their games quite comfortably.

From what I know, the squad has been announced, but it isn't on the AFL Victoria website as yet. The boys had fitness training at Scotch College on Wednesday. Not sure how big the squad is. Think it is around 50?

There was 7 boys from the Eastern Ranges squad that were in the Vic Metro squad.

Any info on any of the boys? talls smalls? anystandout players to watch for at this age group?

Had a look at the jets website and your right corey cullen and nathan prince both from bacchus marsh. what sorts of players are these boys?

daniher, atkins, boyd, daniher, bailey, plowman, mcbean, tannenberg, young, hethrington,

Atkins is an absolute jet at EDFL level. Is tall for his age, has pace for a tall kid but his kicking is very, very good (unlike two years ago). Can kick no kidding, 50m with his preferred foot already and be confident of drilling it through the big sticks. Certainly one to watch.

Is there somewhere we can get a list of squad?

Yeh i watched the first match... Vic Country smashed them by 13 goals. the only player that showed anything was Joe Daniher, son of Anthony. he provided a target at CHF. Did anyone have the scores on the second game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say, I was very surprised that Ashlin got cut. He had a very good carnival. During the Vic games he was played out of position in defence. He is a strong marking kid who can roost the ball a country mile. He showed alot more than a few others who are still training with the squad. There is only 5 Jets boys still in the squad. Being undefeated and winning comfortably in each of their games, I believe a couple more kids were very unlucky to be cut. All the Knights boys were spared which is a little puzzling. Anyway we should still support the group that will be going up to NSW and representing our state.

"How is Hunter going did he play in the trial if so how did he go?"

He got in a couple of the best ons for SKC 1sts, with Mitch wallis, Liberatore and conway, all u 18 vic players, playing alongside him.

"How is Hunter going did he play in the trial if so how did he go?"

He got in a couple of the best ons for SKC 1sts, with Mitch wallis, Liberatore and conway, all u 18 vic players, playing alongside him.
Hunter played in the trials and was ok. The trial games are simply trials. The kids play in various positions. I think they are trying to see how versatile they are.

The boys are playing the vic under 17's tomorrow at Visy park 11.30. I believe 5 more players will be cut and the 5 emergencies will be named as well. Good luck to all the boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back