U2 Tour 2019

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I saw them in 93 at the G and a second time somewhere else in Melbourne maybe 8 or 9 years ago.
They are a good rock band and incredible they never broken up but the concert I went to about a decade ago was good but not great so I just not feel the real pull to see them again. I content enough to see a few youtubes of their Kiwi tour concerts, yesterday. Looks good but still feel no real reason to fork out money again to see them.

Did not even know they in NZ until I happened to see on youtube last night.

Probably rather see Aussie band Cold Chisel outdoors over summer as surely their last time they tour ever.

It is crazy these guys still all making music together.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
How long exactly have U2 been going?
They existed before I even consciously took note of music band names and they still exist today and seemed to have never broke up.
******* weird.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I thought the older songs sounded great...New Years Day was awesome...the J Tree was awesome, but a lot of the last 30 minutes sounded awful
Up there as probably the most impressive stage and screen which should have been used to project them in that first 20 minutes.
Venue is okay but I reckon AAMI is the best for sound in Melbourne because you don’t get echo
I score you a 8/10 U2
I don’t know when you will be back but you seriously need to start producing some music worthy, unlike the past decade

I thought the older songs sounded great...New Years Day was awesome...the J Tree was awesome, but a lot of the last 30 minutes sounded awful
Up there as probably the most impressive stage and screen which should have been used to project them in that first 20 minutes.
Venue is okay but I reckon AAMI is the best for sound in Melbourne because you don’t get echo
I score you a 8/10 U2
I don’t know when you will be back but you seriously need to start producing some music worthy, unlike the past decade
AAMI is the best stadium I agree.

9/10 from me. Sitting second row upper almost front on and the visuals from there were awesome, so clear. Those opening 5 songs were just brilliant. No fuss, just smashed them out. Would have been good to see them on the screen for them but the benefit was when Streets started and the screen lit up it just looked awesome.

The setlist was superb, Joshua Tree plus best of really, stoked they played Bad and Ultra Violet. Streets, Vertigo, New Years Day were highlights too.

The sound was sometimes poor until they closed the roof, then it was fine for where we were.

The number of good songs on their recent albums has certainly been reducing each time to zero now.

So they just play their old music now as lost ability to be as creative as they were in 80's and 90's ?
They played 2 newer songs, which they shouldn’t have really when they did as they lost momentum at that point.

To be fair, most bands can’t stay relevant for more than 10 years, they’ve been going 40. And people just wanna see their old stuff now.

Back