U2 Tour 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And onto the Docklands Car Park fiasco above the new Woolies and Dan Murphy’s
Broken ticket machines. No one around to help. Queues of 25m of people waiting to pay. Took 1 hour to get to boom gate. Get to boom gate, it’s open and didn’t have to swipe ticket to get out! Grrrrrr
I swore never to go back again years ago....wat was I thinking?!

Just catch the train.

And which VLine train from northern Victoria would you like me to catch? Some people have no option but to drive.

Anywho shot off an email of whinge and see what eventuates. It’s not the first time this Car Park has had issues with Events...should have thought harder.

What is the motivation to make new great music?

No new bands around to steal their audience and arenas that they play in.

They had motivation at the end of the 90's when the critics were after them and they nearly broke up and then came 'Beautiful Day' which has aged like a fine wine and is now one of their best tracks.

And which VLine train from northern Victoria would you like me to catch? Some people have no option but to drive.

Anywho shot off an email of whinge and see what eventuates. It’s not the first time this Car Park has had issues with Events...should have thought harder.

Park near Festival Hall. If there's no parks there, then nearer to North Melbourne. It's free (or just plug the meter til 7.30 or whatever), a nice walk (20 minutes if you have to go as far as NM) and its the right side of the stadium if you're heading north in the car.

My wife and son are going to the Adelaide gig, and the AO website doesn't have set times. Anyone know what they roughly were Marvel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was joking - I clearly need to broadcast my sarcasm better!
It is the internet.
Sarcasm cannot be broadcast here that we perceive from each other more freely in person on land.
Can only be propagated accurately in person for us humans.
So much limitation online we have is communication only in bits of information online with letters and symbols from keyboard.
Do we need the internet like a fish needs a bicycle ?

What is the motivation to make new great music?
Motivation for most part comes from within. Great music is usually a creative expression that resonates with the listeners as something that brings joy to hear or feelings of passion in some way that is intangible to physical reality.

I assume if U2 not made new great music for some time it is simply a lack of creativity that some in group had in past or even lack of ability to be great any longer?
I have certainly not casually heard any great new music from them for a long time so they still exist obviously and can play great music of their past without doubt but new great music seems done given cannot recall thinking heard any from them for so long.

Motivation for most part comes from within. Great music is usually a creative expression that resonates with the listeners as something that brings joy to hear or feelings of passion in some way that is intangible to physical reality.

I assume if U2 not made new great music for some time it is simply a lack of creativity that some in group had in past or even lack of ability to be great any longer?
I have certainly not casually heard any great new music from them for a long time so they still exist obviously and can play great music of their past without doubt but new great music seems done given cannot recall thinking heard any from them for so long.

Springsteen is still making great music; in some cases his best work of his career. Occasionally misses the mark but he seems to be able to relate back to the stories of the day and his own life and write great music.
U2 I think (whilst having Agendas) just seem to have lost that connection between contemporary or personal concerns and writing music that grabs the audience. You can’t write NYDay V2.0 but when was the last song even close?
(Fwiw NY Day Live is 100% better live than the original. Maybe they should go back and re record that era)

Springsteen is still making great music; in some cases his best work of his career.
Do not really listen to Springsteen much but trust you that he does.
That is what I was sensing about U2. Unlike some others than been in industry for so many decades it seems from what I can tell their creative juices have dried up. Probably why had no real pull to want to see them live again.

(Fwiw NY Day Live is 100% better live than the original. Maybe they should go back and re record that era)
Doubt it.
That song maybe the first song I ever took notice of U2. Loved it back then and if hear the original would transport me back to feeling of that time in an instant.
Some songs are like time travellers for the feel of the time.

Do not really listen to Springsteen much but trust you that he does.
That is what I was sensing about U2. Unlike some others than been in industry for so many decades it seems from what I can tell their creative juices have dried up. Probably why had no real pull to want to see them live again.

There are very few bands you can name where this does not happen. Almost none.

I think it is a mix of 1/ they don’t have the same creative energy and 2/ their audience doesn’t want it anyway.

Last album I got of theirs was trust upon me without my consent.

My 14 year old daughter said the other day “are they those idiots who clogged up my iPhone” 😂

Never heard of it.
I think last album I had of theirs was around turn of century.
After that , stuff like Elevation is meh to me off a band that could create something of so much more.

Maybe they should of break up like many bands do and get back together when they had something again.
It''s probably just me though.

There are very few bands you can name where this does not happen. Almost none.
I know. That is why I was asking. They still together but I have wondered why because I know I stop feeling compelled to hear what they had coming out so long ago. But to me it is amazing they stay together so long as a band whether I tune into all of it or not. Crazy achievement. Maybe only AC/DC went longer.
But similarly I did not really tune into AC/DC beyond mid 80's as think creativity was done for me by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back