UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy but maybe.. maybe.. your opinion is wrong, and our players aren't all terrible?

Maybe in 15/16 we underperformed, and in the last 2 seasons we've played to expectation?

It's pretty amusing to observe, though.

If you ask the majority of non-LFC fans on here, we have an ordinary manager, Firmino is just an all right sort of striker, our defence and keeper are s**t and our midfield is full of plodders.

And yet despite apparently having practically nothing but Salah going for us, we are third in the league, ahead of the all-conquering Tottenham and have one foot in the CL quarter-finals!

Imagine what we could do if we had a good manager and a good team! :eek:

To suggest that Ronaldo is washed up is nonsense. 67 goals over the last 18 months (and a bit) - he is still the best goal scorer in the world.
The 2017 calendar year and the current European Golden Shoe standings say otherwise. ;)

p78830.png

VVD looks such a bargain again today and SM you guys developed Robbo really well for us :thumbsu:

Apparently we have an add-on clause of 20m if you guys win the CL so I'm counting the pennies already.

Apparently we have an add-on clause of 20m if you guys win the CL so I'm counting the pennies already.
That is such an odd add on.
But he's been world class recently.

Lol not many tags today whats happened.
Personally still think juve and PSG will find a way to get through imo

That is such an odd add on.
But he's been world class recently.

Personally still think juve and PSG will find a way to get through imo

I was kidding, our owner is a moron and we're probably only looking at 9m all up. 26m all up for him and Robertson is ******* ludicrous.

Lol not many tags today whats happened.
I tagged you when you won your last league game so don't think we are here to rub losses in your face.

Last edited:
emery has a bit of the pellegrini's about him. overachieved with a lesser side (3 europa's with sevilla) but when he finally gets the chance at the club with higher expectations, he falls flat. shocked he even retained his job after losing the title to monaco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firmino is just an all right sort of striker
That's true though isn't it?
The top echelon of strikers/ wide forwards are going at near a goal a game domestically and/or overall. Lewa, Auba, Aguero, Kane, Salah, Neymar, Suarez and Messi. You can't really say he's in that category.

Commenting on what happened? You were good, but Porto were very bad. VVD literally sliced it just before I mentioned it and it wasn't the first time he's done it in a LFC shirt. Sure he can play a ball and defend ok, but they are things that happen more than once and I felt like discussing it.

I also didn't feel like there was a need to praise LFC.. it wasn't a hard victory and it was pretty obvious that they were good. No point adding to the hyperbole.

Can't really blame anyone for making errors given the torrential rain during the match, and that includes the howler from the keeper for the 1st goal.

emery has a bit of the pellegrini's about him. overachieved with a lesser side (3 europa's with sevilla) but when he finally gets the chance at the club with higher expectations, he falls flat. shocked he even retained his job after losing the title to monaco.

It's been said in Spain and France by a lot of people from players to pundits that tactically he's fantastic but lacks the man management side of things to be a great manager. I agree with you 100% regarding him still having a job after last years events.

KDB has had an outstanding season but I feel these awards tend to go to goal scorers more often than not

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, he'd also be in the mix but just outshined in some departments. I'd also have Jesse Lingard just above him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back