UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

This is think it was a penalty, and it all started with poor positioning from the defender. You can't wrap your leg around someone and prevent a clear header on goal.

It was a brave call by Oliver and a right one. It was also important he sent Buffon of for contact. It sends a clear message that it's completely unacceptable, and hopefully is some sort of beginning of an end of players surrounding referees.

Pretty controversial call but looked worse in real time. RM player sitting there waiting for the ball to come to him though was very risky. It’s hardly like the Juve defender hammered into him.

All people want is consistency. That happens at the other end and I’d guarantee 100% it’s waved off

And that is just speculation. At the end of the day, the fact remains it was rightfully called a penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is absolutely no way that's a penalty with the last kick of the game in cl heading for et. The only team who gets that call is Madrid. I reckon uefa will bend them over in semis now

Why does it matter when it happened? Not sure why people are getting upset because a correct decision was made. You'd think everyone would want correct decisions made all the time regardless of the time or occasion.

I mean, sure if you're a Juventus fan have a bit of a sook because it's heartbreaking in those circumstances, everyone else though, pure petulance. You'd be disgusted if you were supporting a team and that call didn't go in your favour.

The time frame shouldn't have an impact, but we've seen refs time and again talk about the 'consequence of the decision' affecting whether they give a pen. Which is stupid. The timing SHOULDN'T matter. But if they're going to claim it does in some instances, it should in all.

Turns out Pep wasn't being truthful about what he said to the referee. He actually said "you shut your mouth" when arguing with the ref at half time about the disallowed goal.

He has let his team down by losing his head. They were 1 up at half time and still in a good position. Make your point in the press conference after the game. You could see Klopp was fuming about the first goal but didn't get abusive with the ref. Pep deserves his 3 game ban.

Turns out Pep wasn't being truthful about what he said to the referee. He actually said "you shut your mouth" when arguing with the ref at half time about the disallowed goal.

He has let his team down by losing his head. They were 1 up at half time and still in a good position. Make your point in the press conference after the game. You could see Klopp was fuming about the first goal but didn't get abusive with the ref. Pep deserves his 3 game ban.

I refuse to believe Pep would lie.

just watched the penalty on slow mo a few times.

* me Juve have to feel robbed with that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back