UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly not a bad thing but does Messi not do that and a whole bunch more? Does anyone seriously believe that Ronaldo is the better player in 2018? Winning the champions league seems to have become a requirement for winning the ballon d'or, which is stupid considering the finalists consisted of two teams who finished 17 and 25 points behind their individual league leaders.

I agree with you, the UCL seems to be a deciding factor.
World Cup year though so we'll see.

I am confused by your definition of flushed? Do you mean fluffed? Or he hit it flush, as in cleanly?

I think Bale could have got a better connection on his shot, he got enough on it to go in, but it definitely wasn't a pure connection, like Zidane's.

If it didn't travel 'that fast' how come it wasn't savable?

Both great goals, I prefer Zidane's as I think it's better. Each to their own though.

I completely agree with you - and I'm a massive Bale fan.

Yeah I get that. But this is Mo Salah. In the Big One. You’d give him few minutes in the pits with a slick pit crew. If they go a goal down while he’s off getting strapped it’s probably not as deflating as losing your talisman for the rest of the game.
The money involved at that level is obscene, even compared to the AFL. They would know full well what options they had. If dislocated, you aren't going to be able to run until everything is back in place. If it was a painful injury, he did try and play on and decided it wasn't going to work. Players don't get jabbed and sent back on, presumably because it often can make things worse and there is always another game. Mo has the WC coming up, not a break, and Liverpool respect that he cares deeply about his national team. I have no idea at all what sort of mentality this one Egyptian bloke has, but he claimed Mo was likely out for two months and “I think that Liverpool will not allow Salah to take the cortisone because it is dangerous for the player in the long term”. Others are saying he won't be out that long, but Salah's own comments were that he hoped he would be back, despite the odds saying he wouldn't. Given how often he plays in tight spaces and needs to hold off one or more defenders, it's not hard to imagine how the injury would curtail him.
I wouldn’t. You of all people should remember his last season at Spurs. Used to bang them in from that distance every other week. He’s the last person I’d want to encourage to shoot.
A shot from that distance should obviously have been stopped. It went straight through his hands as he changed his mind (seemingly twice) about how he was going to catch/pat/punch it. He said himself he changed his mind and decided to catch it. So as a matter of fact the defenders weren't at fault. In that situation generally, however, throwing yourself towards a shot may potentially help to obscure the keeper's view or to take you out of position if he is feinting to shoot. Bale and CR are obviously both dangerous at very long shots, but it was just a hit-and-hope.

I dont buy the fact that Liverpool would care if he misses games for Egpyt. If he couldve played on he shouldve. Obviously was bad enough to come off.
Cant compare to AFL where it is sooner expected that you play through the pain if u can.

Anyway... who do we play next?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have any Liverpool players come out in support or sympathy of Karius? I'm talking interviews, social media, anything?

Have any Liverpool players come out in support or sympathy of Karius? I'm talking interviews, social media, anything?
Probably not. Has he spoken to the media?

Make a small statement? Doesnt have to but he'd be in hell i reckon.

Hard enough avoiding memes n s**t as a fan bit if it was you itd be just wave after wave of hits.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I completely agree with you - and I'm a massive Bale fan.
Rivaldo's scissor was better than Bale's, as was Rooney's. And that's not to take anything away from Bale's either.

But Zidane's volley is much harder to execute properly than scissor's given how common they are.

Once they get to the final you can say that, but this year they had a lot of luck getting there.

Will be interesting to see who they replace Bale and Ronaldo with if they leave. I can’t see them letting both go though
plenty of options.
Mbappe and Neymar are two.
Salah
Hazard
Alli is another, and i hate to say it but i think he would thrive in La Liga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karius? More like Dropius.

Well done, hope you got some sleep last night and didn't spend all night coming up with that zinger.

Rivaldo's scissor was better than Bale's, as was Rooney's. And that's not to take anything away from Bale's either.

But Zidane's volley is much harder to execute properly than scissor's given how common they are.

Been a while since I’ve seen it, but always thought Rooney’s hit more of his shin than his foot. All still classic goals.

Tyler’s commentary was also on point for Zidane’s goal, made it better.

Lots have. They also supported him at the time. The goalkeeping coach went straight to him. He was devastated. Others players were dealing with their own despair. It's one thing to pretend Twitter users are representative of fans, but pretending the players didn't support him is pretty silly. Mignolet said quite specifically that there is nothing you can really say to someone in that circumstance (he just told Karius to try and remember there was a reason they got to the final - i.e. don't forget how well they'd done previously).
I thought James was being considered for sale? Mane should replace him if that is true. And Alexander-Arnold should be in the team due to a suspended Ramos.

Best thing about Bale's is how instinctive it is. He has SFA time to react. It's a hard cross which is nicked by Mane and he just throws his legs at it. Great technique, awesome goal.

After watching several replays of the goal, Karius should’ve done better. On initial viewing I thought the shot went in off the bar but it was a perfect height for Karius and he didn’t keep his arms outstretched. Because of that, the goal doesn’t beat Zidane’s. That was unsaveable, the goal yesterday was saveable.

After watching several replays of the goal, Karius should’ve done better. On initial viewing I thought the shot went in off the bar but it was a perfect height for Karius and he didn’t keep his arms outstretched. Because of that, the goal doesn’t beat Zidane’s. That was unsaveable, the goal yesterday was saveable.

I don't see a keeper in the world saving that. By the time he stretched out his arm, the ball was in the back of the net. At absolute best, someone may have got a fingertip to it but I can't see anyone keeping that out.

as was Rooney's
latest

I don't see a keeper in the world saving that. By the time he stretched out his arm, the ball was in the back of the net. At absolute best, someone may have got a fingertip to it but I can't see anyone keeping that out.

In real time, it’s very hard to judge admittedly. I think in terms if comparing the two goals, Zidane’s was a special kind of technique.

Been a while since I’ve seen it, but always thought Rooney’s hit more of his shin than his foot. All still classic goals.

Tyler’s commentary was also on point for Zidane’s goal, made it better.
You may be right (sneaky Billy Joel reference :D) on Rooney's come to think of it.

Rivaldo's is one of the cleanest hit scissors I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back