UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the highlights of the Spurs game and Trippier looks like he had a worldie. Involved in everything.

And to think the prevailing opinion is that Pochettino needs to win the league cup to have validation. The guys doing an incredible job.
Is that the prevailing opinion? Which idiot said that?

Wow just seen Tottenham goals - first goal clear offside. 2nd goal massive deflection. 3rd goal only occurred as Real pushed so many men forward because 2 nil down.

After Real's luck the past 2 years I guess they're due to have some bad luck
Makes up for the penalty we should have got in Madrid

Not this year

Dropped too many points already, will need to do the double again on City at the bare minimum and get over you guys at Stamford Bridge etc
Interesting that you say this when we've actually had a better start to this season than we did to last which ended up being a record high points season for us in the Premier League era.

I suspect that we'll end up with 80+ again, enough to win the League many other years, but run into another side or two that are just that bit better across the course of the season.

Interesting that you say this when we've actually had a better start to this season than we did to last which ended up being a record high points season for us in the Premier League era.

I suspect that we'll end up with 80+ again, enough to win the League many other years, but run into another side or two that are just that bit better across the course of the season.
Man City are way too good, I can't recall Leicester or Chelsea starting the season this good when we were chasing, Chelsea really got their game on in November and December and Leicester broke away in February and March.

They'd need to have a massive drop off for say us or United to get them.

It seemed to be the biggest talking point to come out of the last round of the league cup with every pundit giving their two cents worth and most of the ones I heard had this opinion.

Must have missed the articles then. They're idiots if they said so. Poch doesn't need much further validation than he already has, but the Spurs squad could stand to win some silverware to show progress. That win against RM was a big step forward though so they're making strides regardless.

Man City are way too good, I can't recall Leicester or Chelsea starting the season this good when we were chasing, Chelsea really got their game on in November and December and Leicester broke away in February and March.

They'd need to have a massive drop off for say us or United to get them.

Leicester only lost two games for the season..!!

Just watching the highlights of the Spurs game and Trippier looks like he had a worldie. Involved in everything.

And to think the prevailing opinion is that Pochettino needs to win the league cup to have validation. The guys doing an incredible job.

If they don't win the league or CL, Poch deserves the sack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until Poch wins something there will be a question mark over him as a manager. Doesnt mean he's not doing a great job for Spurs or that he's not a very good manager. Just that it takes a different skillset to win things than it does to overachieve at a club that doesnt have the pressure of winning things.

Englishmen aren't as drawn to Spain as Latin players tend to be. Kane doesn't need to go anywhere so long as Spurs are performing. If it is $$$$" he is chasing he can go to City for that but he doesn't seem to be the sort of player that would move just for the money.
2015/16 wage bills

1. Man United £232m
2. Chelsea £224m
3. Liverpool £208m
4. Man City £198m
5. Arsenal £195m
6. Tottenham £100m

I know you like to focus on us but there are a few options for him if he wants a pay rise (obviously Liverpool is excluded as he wouldnt make their team).

Englishmen aren't as drawn to Spain as Latin players tend to be. Kane doesn't need to go anywhere so long as Spurs are performing. If it is $$$$" he is chasing he can go to City for that but he doesn't seem to be the sort of player that would move just for the money.
He'd be the line in the sand for Levy imo. The one that would be refused a transfer to an English rival.
2015/16 wage bills

1. Man United £232m
2. Chelsea £224m
3. Liverpool £208m
4. Man City £198m
5. Arsenal £195m
6. Tottenham £100m

I know you like to focus on us but there are a few options for him if he wants a pay rise (obviously Liverpool is excluded as he wouldnt make their team).
Last season was 120m and will increase in the coming seasons with new revenues.
He'll get his payrise and he'll likely get it before this season is even finished.

Seriously am in no way worried about him leaving. Eriksen and Alli seem inevitable but not HK.

As well as the fact FSG wouldn't pay the fee required to get him.

Looking forward to our game tonight. I thought Napoli caused is real problems the other week. Going to be much harder in Naples. Draw and we're through to the knockouts. Win and we're not too far from clinching top spot.
Your lot could do huge things this season and in the seasons to come. Could win everything.

Come back. Smug grin well and truly wiped.
Oh and jod23 what were you saying about how foolish we were to want a glamour group?
Hey... good for you mate. But I'll always take the easier group to get into the knock outs where the real stuff happens. It's thrilling for Spurs fans though playing huge clubs like BVB and Real etc and even winning them. Big nights, enjoy them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back