• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
To be fair I struggle to.understand a lot of things you say when you're in one of your spoiling for an argument moods.

Demanding an explanation of what I mean by the word buzzkill in case I was criticising VAR is one of your better ones though.

Demanding is taking it just a bit far. He politely asked if what you were saying was a criticism of VAR.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't see any of the game, listened to the last half on radio.

Disappointing, what a buzzkill that was at the end.

Well done Spurs, great chance of reaching the final.

Will take the same score on Sunday. Five big games to focus on before the FA Cup.
Nice post mate :thumbsu:

I think just the three trophies will have to do this season

wow. Glad I flicked off the Liverpool game and watched the ending to City v Spurs.

Well done Spurs. Although I can't help but feel like this has dented our title chances somewhat

Money can buy you squad depth, superstar players and coaches. But it can’t buy you a heart and soul
IMO the character of our squad is one of it's strengths. And will continue to be as I think it's something we really look for in recruitment.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
One of the best, most entertaining games of football we’ll ever see. City didn’t bottle it or choke, they were just beaten by a very good Spurs side who fully deserved it. It could’ve gone either way but the biggest moment at the end just went there way.

I think people underestimate how good Spurs best is. They were right in the title race for a long way, but just lacked the depth to keep going with the other two. Their best definitely matches them though.

4 entertaining, attacking teams left who could all win it. Should be a great end to one of the best champions leagues I’ve seen.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
IMO the character of our squad is one of it's strengths. And will continue to be as I think it's something we really look for in recruitment.

At its core I think so, guys like Kompany, Silva, Aguero who have been there for yonks are great for the team. You could see it in the little series on Prime from last season or whenever it was.

There always seems to be a bit of something in the air though when there’s big injections of cash/player turnover etc at that level. But with the changes since Pep has joined you wouldn’t expect success to come straight away.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think I’ve ever given so many likes in a thread at once. Well played everyone!

Hard to find a downside in such an epic night as this, but we’re seriously running out of players. Such a shame - but for now I’m a celebrate!! :beermug::beercheers:

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you want to throw a tantrum about VAR, I wasn't trying to stop you.
Dude stop being a dick. You completely misinterpreted a comment that was a pretty simple, easily underetood one from the start and since have been intent on getting the last word like some little child.

Gonna enjoy reading this thread :p

My favourite part is an apparently massive City fan not even watching one of the clubs biggest games in their history lol

Did Pep just realise people are louder than empty seats?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was insanely good viewing, and I’ve only seen the mini match. Holy crap, what an open first half. And what an ending, amazing game.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wow. Well done Spurs, not a single player signed in the last 2 windows, arguably best player out. Hell of an achievement. Was the correct decision in the end but that’ll be no consolation to City. I can’t imagine the roller coaster of emotions the players and supporters would have gone through celebrating a winning goal in extra time that takes them through to the CL semis for what seemed like minutes, and to then have that taken away. Soul crushing. Will be interesting to see what impact the manner of this result has on them psychologically for the rest of the season, does it deflate or crack them, or can they regroup?

As for us, Porto came out swinging and had a number of good opportunities in the first 15-20 mins, then literally the first decent chance we had down the other end we scored. That quality in the final third was the difference in the end, we were far too strong for them. It’s odd but the CL has almost seemed like a bit of a break from the pressure of the title race, there’s been little to no fuss about our progression to this point, just calm, professional performance after calm, professional performance. Having said that I’m sure I’ll be feeling it as the players walk into Camp Nou. Huge challenge ahead, should be a cracking game.

Last edited:

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Next year that will be handball. This year (like Rose's) it shouldn't be.

Two massive games from Lloris that penalty save in the first leg really set the tone for a massive 180 mins from him

Doesn't really have anything to do with a call being correct or not (I haven't seen it so don't know).

Just that I thought we were through, had that high for a good 30 seconds, and then we were out.

I dont think i'd react in the calm manner you have. Reckon my remote would be embedded in the tv. Credit to you!

We can lose 10 zip on the weekend and couldn't give half a ----.

Now now, you guys are on a roll. Keep winning, that's what good teams do.

Congrats Spur Boys hope you go all the way.

Good to see from a fellow london team tenant. I dont get some of the "hatred" between club supporters cause they are london rivals.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
What a great morning’s viewing! A largely relaxed kick-back for a Liverpool fan like myself watching four of my favourite players pop one into the back of the net. Now the tantalising prospect of Suárez and Coutinho facing a club they would still respect and the intrigue around how we will nullify Messi. But I also loved the other half of the draw. Loved seeing Spurs take it up to City with their own flair and not be intimidated into a defensive mindset that has beset so many of the Premiership minnows who don’t even get a shot on target for 90 minutes. City can be defensively vulnerable if you take them on. And now a very nice match-up with Ajax as two daring teams face each other. Loving it!

Just hope Spurs haven’t fired all their shots before they face City in the game that could take Liverpool to the title.

evolutionbaby

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2015
Koo Wee Rup
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow. Well done Spurs, not a single player signed in the last 2 windows, arguably best player out. Hell of an achievement. Was the correct decision in the end but that’ll be no consolation to City. I can’t imagine the roller coaster of emotions the players and supporters would have gone through celebrating a winning goal in extra time that takes them through to the CL semis for what seemed like minutes, and to then have that taken away. Soul crushing. Will be interesting to see what impact the manner of this result has on them psychologically for the rest of the season, does it deflate or crack them, or can they regroup?

As for us, Porto came out swinging and had a number of good opportunities in the first 15-20 mins, then literally the first decent chance we had down the other end we scored. That quality in the final third was the difference in the end, we were far too strong for them. It’s odd but the CL has almost seemed like a bit of a break from the pressure of the title race, there’s been little to no fuss about our progression to this point, just calm, professional performance after calm, professional performance. Having said that I’m sure I’ll be feeling it as the players walk into Camp Nou. Huge challenge ahead, should be a cracking game.
Two entirely different sets of circumstances for both semis. For purists both will be compulsory viewing.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Good to see from a fellow london team tenant. I dont get some of the "hatred" between club supporters cause they are london rivals.

I get the hatred if you all actually from London, but the faux outrage/hatred because of stuff you read on the internet kind of doesnt interest me.

Im happy for the posters on here who ever team wins.

Last edited:

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Liverpool getting through was never in doubt. But the other game, wow!

Here are some stats for the Champion's League, as we know, English teams have always performed well, and in the last 10 teams, so have Spanish teams (well, two specific Spanish teams).

UCL.JPG

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
just watched the replay. what can you say? a frankly incredible, unbelievable 90 mins. a literal game of inches. sometimes you get players who are just unplayable in these games, and this one had kdb, sterling and son. hard to have a go at laporte, been massively relaible since coming over and 2 bad touches result in 2 goals.

i dont think we really defended poorly either. seen us defend a lot worse and win. just wasnt our night in the end, when it so nearly was. cant have any complaints, spurs gave as good as we did and go through.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Is Son suspended for the first leg of the semi? If so, that’s a massive out. I rate him higher than Kane even if Kane is the better footballer, if that makes sense.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Is Son suspended for the first leg of the semi? If so, that’s a massive out. I rate him higher than Kane even if Kane is the better footballer, if that makes sense.

Yeah, no Son for the first leg. Presumably either Llorente or Moura will start the game up front. That's a big blow I would say.

Back