UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool)

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwoy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It’s certainly not nitpicking I believe, it could have just been disclosed in the tweet itself as to why it excludes the glaring omissions.

Son is magnificent, his numbers are insanely good. That selective list however screams a bit of trying too hard to force people to believe something that they don’t really need convincing of: he’s ******* brilliant.

At a quick glance, you’d have Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Kane, Lewandoski, Aguero, Cavani and maybe Neymar and Mbappe bove him as a start, so he would be on. The bottom of an actual list I guess

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
At a quick glance, you’d have Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Kane, Lewandoski, Aguero, Cavani and maybe Neymar and Mbappe bove him as a start, so he would be on. The bottom of an actual list I guess
Exactly, and it shows the company he is now in. A bit deceptive to leave them out just because their numbers are higher.

Kompany

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The real red devils
Dutch league chiefs have cancelled a full round of Eredivisie fixtures before Ajax meet Tottenham in the Champions League semi-finals.
Very convenient for Ajax of course but there were no other options. In the last 2 rounds of the Dutch league, all matches must be played at the same time. Playing on Sunday is not allowed by Uefa, because Ajax play Spurs on Tuesday and rules say there must be at least 2 days in between matches. Moving the round to Saturday or Friday evening wasn't an option, because there's not enough police available because of King's day & King's night in the Netherlands. Clubs then preferred to move the whole round to a later weekend to playing on a weeknight.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Peter Walton on espnfc confirming that the Llorente goal under the current rules was correct to have stood. As of June 1st it would of been disallowed

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
Aguero is the master of the near post blast into the roof of the net. Normally I’d agree on that near post one but Aguero seems to do it to everyone from time to time.

The sterling one is a tough one to keep out from that close range. Made up for that saving a similar one early in the second half
Not saying he didn’t make some great saves throughout the two legs, but think he was somewhat to blame for those two.

With the Sterling one, Lloris was already on the floor sliding into goal before Sterling even has the shot. If he kept his feet as he went across goal as he should of, then it would have been an easy save.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Always have to explain stuff to scousers ;)
More just to show the caliber of players he’s been better than. Hazard gets creamed over, Sterling is (rightfully) classed as world class too.
Sterling is finally hitting his potential. Think it’s a great story because for a while he certainly copped it for being a flop for being unable to reach those lofty heights. Pep has taken his game up a notch.

Might have not won a champions league since Barca but has had some incredible impact on individual players. Thiago at Bayern too.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Sterling is finally hitting his potential. Think it’s a great story because for a while he certainly copped it for being a flop for being unable to reach those lofty heights. Pep has taken his game up a notch.

Might have not won a champions league since Barca but has had some incredible impact on individual players. Thiago at Bayern too.
I do think that’s a big reason why the “pep is fraud” claptrap is a little overblown. He is very good at developing players.

AFL Club
Sydney
If you asked fans who their favourite player was not at their club, I’m pretty sure Son would comfortably top the list. Amazing player who will probably retire as the best player to ever come from the Asian confederation.

If anyone genuinely thinks or calls Pep a fraud, it’s pretty fair to question any other views they hold on football. The man is a freak, his trophy cabinet proves it, and so does the improvement he gets out of players as individuals. Champions Leagues are very hard to win. That’s all. It’s not like Messi is winning it every other year since Pep left.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I do think that’s a big reason why the “pep is fraud” claptrap is a little overblown. He is very good at developing players.
People take for granted what a good job Pep does in developing players due to the money City have. Reality is City and Utd have spent similar amounts yet the gulf in performance is stark.

Can’t believe it’s even a discussion really

Magma

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
it's because of the insane standards pep puts on himself. he strives for perfect football, and perfect football will forever be unobtainable.

26 trophies in 10 years and when he leaves us we will be absolutely set for the next decade, just like barca have been.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It is great to see the sheer euphoria people experience in moments like those.

For me, the equivalent is being at a live show and hearing a song you love come on.

paddy18

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid
Nah, that's more of an overwhelming feeling.

It would be like singing BTR in full voice with friends and strangers, or belting out Badlands at the top of your lungs without a care in the world.
i felt all of thise emotions on Thursday morning, jumping around the loungeroom in absolute delerium with my 15yo son. One of the best feelings i've had.

Last edited:
Top Bottom