UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

But you only have one more game to play between now and then. How are you meant to turn form around without playing?
This team needs some R&R and a freshen up. Probably get Kane and Winks back.

Also helps stop Liverpool’s momentum a little bit

I see no negatives in the 3 weeks off from Spurs perspective

Fair play to Spurs. Absolute heartbreak for Ajax.

Which was the better win and which was the worse "bottling"? For me I think they're both incredible but am sure people will be debating it for some time.

JD, because you left the Blues game at halftime on Sunday, can you let me know why anyone would start watching a game and then think “nah, I’ve got better options”?
I held my tongue on mentioning this.

Is there a change in who from gets into cl next year from epl depending on result?
If arsenal win europa they'll have 5 teams. If spurs had missed top 4 but won the final there was a chance whoever finished 4th would miss out.

What a Champions set of semi finals. Incredible.

My son told me off for screaming when the equalizer went in.

When the winner went in we were rolling across the floor like maniacs.

That's what football's about.

Feel for Ajax who were better I thought across both legs and their fans - still singing and supporting after the most bitter of defeats. Respect!

Is there a change in who from gets into cl next year from epl depending on result?
Depends on Liverpool winning both the league and this iirc. Would determine who gets the last pot 1 place.

Feel for Ajax who were better I thought across both legs and their fans - still singing and supporting after the most bitter of defeats. Respect!

Wasn’t the equaliser and the winner the same goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke both the kids up. They thought someone had broken in or I was having a heart attack.

Unbelievable. I feel a bit embarrassed about my half time posts but we were dead and buried. Probably the greatest night I’ve experienced as a spurs fan, can’t believe we are in a CL final after where this club was for so long.

Two great clubs in the final with such likeable and talented managers. No trolling from me in the build up, Liverpool have been brilliant over the last couple of seasons and we’ve defied all expectations to get their and join them. Also some lovely posts by arsenal and Chelsea fans tonight which I will remember. I need to be more like that.

Incredible scenes where I was at tonight. I’m absolutely spent

Just watched the replay of that last goal. What the heck was De Ligt doing? Watch as the ball is passed in front of Moura, De Ligt stepped towards the ball, and appeared to stop or move in the wrong direction? Next thing you know Moura scoops it up for an easy goal. Should have and could have contested that ball much better. Second goal was a spill by the keeper and the inability of half of Ajax to clear the loose ball. They definitely threw that one away, lazy defence and the Spurs pounced every time. Nothing went right for Ajax in that second half, hitting the post would have hurt as well.

Last edited:
Just watched the replay of that last goal. What the heck was De Ligt doing? Watch as the ball is passed in front of Moura, De Ligt stepped towards the ball, and appeared to stop or move in the wrong direction? Next thing you know Moura scoops it up for an easy goal. Should have and could have contested that ball much better. Second goal was a spill by the keeper and the inability of half of Ajax to clear the loose ball. They definitely threw that one away, lazy defence and the Spurs pounced every time. Nothing went right for Ajax in that second half, hitting the post would have hurt as well.
Think he was afraid of diving in and going to ground, but I think that's what he needed to do.

Wasn’t the equaliser and the winner the same goal

Nope the equaliser on the night meant that a winner would put us through.

It was the combined initial disappointment of the Llorente miss/unbelievable save + Moura 4 touches swivel and goal that caused me to scream like I was in the stands and brought my son's disapproval and my daughter coming down from bed...

Unbelievable. I feel a bit embarrassed about my half time posts but we were dead and buried. Probably the greatest night I’ve experienced as a spurs fan, can’t believe we are in a CL final after where this club was for so long.

Two great clubs in the final with such likeable and talented managers. No trolling from me in the build up, Liverpool have been brilliant over the last couple of seasons and we’ve defied all expectations to get their and join them. Also some lovely posts by arsenal and Chelsea fans tonight which I will remember. I need to be more like that.

Incredible scenes where I was at tonight. I’m absolutely spent

Quoted.

:)

Back