UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool)

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Valid reason. I do recall in the 90s Serie A was shown just as much if not more than Div 1.
I remember when SBS had in-depth coverage of Serie A but for young me it was just so boring compared to the fast pace of the EPL. The lack of accommodation and familiarity for English speakers also didn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
I have a theory that english team names are easier to say and therefore easier to follow and declare support for. Amount of times ive heard newsreaders pronounce Borussia incorrectly is astounding.

Valid reason. I do recall in the 90s Serie A was shown just as much if not more than Div 1.
Your theory would be incorrect, your first theory was closer to the truth.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
I know we'd have to be the first side winless after 3 matches to progress to the final but has two sides finishing 2nd in their group ever made the final before?
Especially given both sides only beat out 3rd by one of the tiebreaker scenarios too.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You asked me before the Ajax semi final game whether it was the biggest game in our history. It was debatable, but there’s no doubt this is now the biggest game in our history. I think it will be a classic. Three weeks away so I’m trying to put it on ice but it’s already dominating my thoughts!
Yep, definitely the clubs biggest ever game now. Luckily for us we've been here a few times before, including last season so I'm hoping our experience with this fixture helps us on the day. I'm praying Klopp has done his homework too as to the recent battles with Spurs, despite winning them, they could have easily gone the other way. So hopefully he is seeing what worked and what didnt and makes the right adjustments!

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a crazy second semi final. Insane stuff.

Congrats to Spurs and all the Spurs lads on here.

Now I'm nervy for the final. I reckon we would have done Ajax easily but Spurs are a different prospect altogether.
Nah, Ajax would have been just as tough. That’s assuming that the pressure of the CL final didn’t get to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League.
English football did not start with the Premier League. Liverpool have won the English top flight 18 times. Spurs have won it 2 times.

And the 'Champion's League' is a merely marketing term. It's kinda funny that you don't have to be champion to enter it these days.

Liverpool won the European Cup 4 times when you had to be champion to enter it. And once after.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
English football did not start with the Premier League. Liverpool have won the English top flight 18 times. Spurs have won it 2 times.

And the 'Champion's League' is a merely marketing term. It's kinda funny that you don't have to be champion to enter it these days.

Liverpool won the European Cup 4 times when you had to be champion to enter it. And once after.
I think we both knew he was referring to post-1991.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC

Well yes obviously which is why I said 'the Premier League' and not just 'the league' like I was originally going to do before deciding that the risk was too great that someone would be overly pedantic.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I think we both knew he was referring to post-1991.
Like I said, English football did not start with the Premier League. It was just a name change and admin from the First Division.

And there was the European Cup before the 'Champion's League'. You actually had to be a league winner (ie champion) to enter it. Apart from marketing crap it should be named the 'finished quite near the top league'.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Well yes obviously which is why I said 'the Premier League' and not just 'the league' like I was originally going to do before deciding that the risk was too great that someone would be overly pedantic.
It's never pedantic to point out how Liverpool haven't been English Champions for some 29 years now....Never, ever.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
So explain why

'It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League'.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
So explain why

'It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League'.
because it's called the 'Champion's League' and neither team has been champion of the league they're in. They were champions of the old First Division.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
It's never pedantic to point out how Liverpool haven't been English Champions for some 29 years now....Never, ever.
I'm neutral on this. It's probably the best EPL season ever. Credit to both City and Liverpool. It's a shame that there has to be a loser. I think Liverpool have been more entertaining to watch whereas City have been more clinical.

Off topic to the Champs League rules. Liverpool finished 4th last year so qualified. They have improved hugely in the league and they might still win it. They got to to Champs League final last year and were unlucky with Salah and the GK going down.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
because it's called the 'Champion's League' and neither team has been champion of the league they're in. They were champions of the old First Division.
Like I said the 'Premier League' was a marketing change for what was previously the First Division. There's no different valuation on finishing on top because of the name change. It's the same thing.

Top Bottom