UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool)

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person
Your scenario is for people who will be watching the Final in public places. You’ll find that most people watching the Final will be doing so at home, where sleep is an option. I have been waking up at 3:20AM for the last 3 years and have pretty much leaped out of bed at that time, fully awake. A 3AM kickoff would mean an earlier wake up time that I am not used to, so 5AM is perfect.

As for the if the World Cup was in Australia, why would that be an issue? Matches would be afternoon or nighttime over and the time would be perfect in Europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Your scenario is for people who will be watching the Final in public places. You’ll find that most people watching the Final will be doing so at home, where sleep is an option. I have been waking up at 3:20AM for the last 3 years and have pretty much leaped out of bed at that time, fully awake. A 3AM kickoff would mean an earlier wake up time that I am not used to, so 5AM is perfect.

As for the if the World Cup was in Australia, why would that be an issue? Matches would be afternoon or nighttime over and the time would be perfect in Europe.
I couldn’t watch the final indoors - too much tension with no outlet. Have to watch it with other fans.

I was only joking about the World Cup being awkward in Australia. The Olympics worked out fine not too long ago. Don’t take everything I say literally!

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I couldn’t watch the final indoors - too much tension with no outlet. Have to watch it with other fans.

I was only joking about the World Cup being awkward in Australia. The Olympics worked out fine not too long ago. Don’t take everything I say literally!
Too many Liverpool supporters watching the Final in public for me to want to be anywhere near any of them. :p

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Nah 3:00 is better than 5:00. Just head out about 11pm and you can make it through easy. Trying to stay perky until five is an absolute killer though
UEFA should really make it a 3pm KO local time. 8pm KO is only needed for mid week football.

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My suggestion would be to watch it with other people. Whether it’s going out or just with a a couple of mates.

I went out for the final last year and even though we lost it was great. I’ll be doing the same again this year.

If I was a Spurs fan I’d be looking for somewhere that will be pro Spurs. Might be hard to find but surely there’s supporter clubs that’ll congregate somewhere.

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Roosters, Mets
Is Optus Sports doing a free trial or discount? Don't watch to roll out of bed for 5am and cross my fingers pirate streams are decent.

UEFA should really make it a 3pm KO local time. 8pm KO is only needed for mid week football.
They're not taking it out of primetime.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person
Go to bed early you alcoholic. Seriously though, I’m not much of a morning person either. I wake up early but I’m ******* useless before 8 am and just plain useless before 10am.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad
It’s easy as far as the getting up early and watching from the couch goes.

If you want to make a night of it though out with mates it’s almost impossible unless you have the endurance of a 20 year old on the prowl. I’m long past that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
My suggestion would be to watch it with other people. Whether it’s going out or just with a a couple of mates.

I went out for the final last year and even though we lost it was great. I’ll be doing the same again this year.

If I was a Spurs fan I’d be looking for somewhere that will be pro Spurs. Might be hard to find but surely there’s supporter clubs that’ll congregate somewhere.
As a Melbourne Spurs fan, the main place is the Imperial. Problem is that’s Liverpool’s home base as well. Will be outnumbered 10-1 if we are lucky.

In fact that will be the ratio pretty much everywhere. Liverpool’s support in Oz is ridiculous

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #4,264
The Imperial will have something on for sure and the OzSpurs meet there.

Problem is that the dirty Scousers will be there also.

Atmosphere is usually first rate though.
If the final was at an earlier time, that place would be chockers/lockout 2-3 hours before kick off

The fact it's at 5am means it will be packed but I'm not sure if people get locked out though

Went one Saturday night when the Merseyside derby was on at 930pm and Spurs played later that night, couldn't get in until after that game finished, so went to Squires Bar instead for an hour or two before going back

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moderator #4,265
As a Melbourne Spurs fan, the main place is the Imperial. Problem is that’s Liverpool’s home base as well. Will be outnumbered 10-1 if we are lucky.

In fact that will be the ratio pretty much everywhere. Liverpool’s support in Oz is ridiculous
Yep

I'm not sure if it's worth going in there to be honest

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moderator #4,266
It’s easy as far as the getting up early and watching from the couch goes.

If you want to make a night of it though out with mates it’s almost impossible unless you have the endurance of a 20 year old on the prowl. I’m long past that
Yep :(

If it were a 230pm kickoff it'd be fine for a night out, 5am just stinks in that regard

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Yep

I'm not sure if it's worth going in there to be honest
Yep, not worth it. I went there with a few mates for the Wembley Spurs v Liverpool game this season and it was flooded with Liverpool in the main bar. Think the spurs supporters might of hired a private room upstairs but I was there with a Liverpool mate so it wasn’t really an option.

Jughead77

Saints Tragic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Insanely jealous.
You should definitely go. I would have gone if not for the astronomical ticket prices.
Yeah, i dunno why im suddenly hesitant. The tics are in a great spot and free.Travel and board wont cost much at all.
But then i see on fb, there are dozens of friends that would give anything to go. I probably wont appreciate it as much as they would cos i dont support either team. For them its a lifechanging dream come true.

Funnily enough if it was Barca-Ajax I'd be straight there as a neutral without any guilt.

I think too much, lol. Anyway will make a decision soon.

Top Bottom