Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

D6HBmFjW4AAditx.jpg:large

BVXSzi.gif

In all seriousness that's an insane amount of money that each of the 4 have earned.
no wonder the elite want this cartel to be closed even further.

If Messi has scored that social media would be in absolute meltdown. In fairness SM is in a meltdown but not because of that goal

Just realised you meant social media, I legit thought you meant me. :sweatsmile:

D6HBmFjW4AAditx.jpg:large

BVXSzi.gif

In all seriousness that's an insane amount of money that each of the 4 have earned.
Big cause of inequality in the game. And why clubs are willing to stretch resources to join the club/stay in it.

I remember back when I started posting on BF Leeds got £18m for reaching the semis. They were relying on that money to make a small profit. So as soon as they stopped qualifying their whole financial strategy was blown.

What a crazy second semi final. Insane stuff.

Congrats to Spurs and all the Spurs lads on here.

Now I'm nervy for the final. I reckon we would have done Ajax easily but Spurs are a different prospect altogether.
You asked me before the Ajax semi final game whether it was the biggest game in our history. It was debatable, but there’s no doubt this is now the biggest game in our history. I think it will be a classic. Three weeks away so I’m trying to put it on ice but it’s already dominating my thoughts!

I have a question. In the past 24 hours there were calls and support for all english team euro finals. Curious am I. Why isnt there rejoice or wasnt there rejoice in previous years wishing for an all spanish or italian final(s)?
Answers pretty obvious isn't it?

I have a question. In the past 24 hours there were calls and support for all english team euro finals. Curious am I. Why isnt there rejoice or wasnt there rejoice in previous years wishing for an all spanish or italian final(s)?

Because we're mostly Anglophiles in here, would be my guess.

Because it is on TV the most?

Our cultural heritage is British.....Notice how most posters in here have an EPL side nominated in their 'other teams followed' column.

English soccer has been on Oz telly for decades, as that's all we got on the ABC, via the BBC, every Sunday night in the 70's & 80's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's one local Harry I want us rushing back for the final it's Winks not Kane
You mean you don't want Wanyama or Dier to partner Sissoko in midfield?

Our cultural heritage is British.....Notice how most posters in here have an EPL side nominated in their 'other teams followed' column.

English soccer has been on Oz telly for decades, as that's all we got on the ABC, via the BBC, every Sunday night in the 70's & 80's.

I have a theory that english team names are easier to say and therefore easier to follow and declare support for. Amount of times ive heard newsreaders pronounce Borussia incorrectly is astounding.

I'm not an anglo but support english sides because that's always been shown more here

Valid reason. I do recall in the 90s Serie A was shown just as much if not more than Div 1.

The reality is that in both the countries where I've lived the English Premier League has always been by far more prominent than all other leagues put together. I suspect this is the case in most of the world except for Europe and perhaps South America. I would struggle to name a Perth Glory XI but would have no problem reeling off Man Utd players.

Valid reason. I do recall in the 90s Serie A was shown just as much if not more than Div 1.

I remember when SBS had in-depth coverage of Serie A but for young me it was just so boring compared to the fast pace of the EPL. The lack of accommodation and familiarity for English speakers also didn't help.

I have a theory that english team names are easier to say and therefore easier to follow and declare support for. Amount of times ive heard newsreaders pronounce Borussia incorrectly is astounding.

Your theory would be incorrect, your first theory was closer to the truth.

Not sure if this has been posted before on the board, but Wolves have beaten all four of the European finalists this season.

They did beat us. But our FA cup back 5 had Mignolet, Moreno, Fabinho, Hoever and Camacho. We threw that game.

I know we'd have to be the first side winless after 3 matches to progress to the final but has two sides finishing 2nd in their group ever made the final before?
Especially given both sides only beat out 3rd by one of the tiebreaker scenarios too.

Back