• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I think CL is far harder to win now than when it was the European Cup. I mean it should tell you something when the 1979 final was between Nottingham Forest and Malmo. I think you only had to play four possibly five rounds also. You probably had a handful of real contenders each season, and if they got drawn together in early rounds (there was no seeding back then) then you had scenarios where the likes of Malmo, Steaua Bucharest etc could go on and win the thing. Having multiple teams from the strong leagues makes it a much tougher competition

Agree with that. There's more teams enter it now and the standard of the European leagues has gone up considerably since those days. Argentina and Brazil were probably the strongest international teams back then and most of their players still played in South America. It was a revelation when Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa signed for Spurs. There weren't many Europeans who played outside their own countries let alone Africans and South Koreans.

We shouldn't undervalue that Notts Forest achievement though. People forget that they beat holders Liverpool in the early rounds of the 1978-79 European Cup. Then they went on to retain win it again the next season. Cloughy was a genius.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20190511-122750_Facebook.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
What's your Moura winner re-watch count up to?
Well over 40 here.

The more I see it, the more it feels like it was fated....First City's disallowed goal, then a last possible second Happenstance finish....I know Liverpool pulled off a stunning reversal against Barca, but Tottenham seem to have the football Gods on their side this year.

Our fans need 209 loyalty points to get a ticket.

Reckon there will be 20,000+ at WHL watching it on the big screen.
How long does.it take to earn 209 points?

We get 1500 just for holding a season ticket.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where are you yids watching the final? Liverpool have huge support in Oz so will you be able to find a place where you won’t be outnumbered - assuming you go out to watch the match? This place looks lively

Attachments

• 1557639681494.jpeg
    1557639681494.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 117

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Where are you yids watching the final? Liverpool have huge support in Oz so will you be able to find a place where you won’t be outnumbered - assuming you go out to watch the match? This place looks lively

I’m contemplating watching it with a bunch of mates who are all Liverpool fans at crown. Or watching it with my uncle and cousin who are yids. Or watching it from the comforts of home at 5am

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets

5am Monday morning is such a brutal time. The more I think about it I reckon I’ll just be watching from home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5:00 is probably the worst time you could set. Two hours either side would be doable.

It’s your own fault though for being located at the arse end of nowhere. And you *ers wanted a World Cup there!

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5am is better than 2-3am. Hard to go to bed after a 3am start
Nah 3:00 is better than 5:00. Just head out about 11pm and you can make it through easy. Trying to stay perky until five is an absolute killer though

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Nah 3:00 is better than 5:00. Just head out about 11pm and you can make it through easy. Trying to stay perky until five is an absolute killer though
You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad
I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person

Your scenario is for people who will be watching the Final in public places. You’ll find that most people watching the Final will be doing so at home, where sleep is an option. I have been waking up at 3:20AM for the last 3 years and have pretty much leaped out of bed at that time, fully awake. A 3AM kickoff would mean an earlier wake up time that I am not used to, so 5AM is perfect.

As for the if the World Cup was in Australia, why would that be an issue? Matches would be afternoon or nighttime over and the time would be perfect in Europe.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Your scenario is for people who will be watching the Final in public places. You’ll find that most people watching the Final will be doing so at home, where sleep is an option. I have been waking up at 3:20AM for the last 3 years and have pretty much leaped out of bed at that time, fully awake. A 3AM kickoff would mean an earlier wake up time that I am not used to, so 5AM is perfect.

As for the if the World Cup was in Australia, why would that be an issue? Matches would be afternoon or nighttime over and the time would be perfect in Europe.
I couldn’t watch the final indoors - too much tension with no outlet. Have to watch it with other fans.

I was only joking about the World Cup being awkward in Australia. The Olympics worked out fine not too long ago. Don’t take everything I say literally!

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I couldn’t watch the final indoors - too much tension with no outlet. Have to watch it with other fans.

I was only joking about the World Cup being awkward in Australia. The Olympics worked out fine not too long ago. Don’t take everything I say literally!

Too many Liverpool supporters watching the Final in public for me to want to be anywhere near any of them. :p

Back