UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My suggestion would be to watch it with other people. Whether it’s going out or just with a a couple of mates.

I went out for the final last year and even though we lost it was great. I’ll be doing the same again this year.

If I was a Spurs fan I’d be looking for somewhere that will be pro Spurs. Might be hard to find but surely there’s supporter clubs that’ll congregate somewhere.

Is Optus Sports doing a free trial or discount? Don't watch to roll out of bed for 5am and cross my fingers pirate streams are decent.

UEFA should really make it a 3pm KO local time. 8pm KO is only needed for mid week football.

They're not taking it out of primetime.

I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person
Go to bed early you alcoholic. Seriously though, I’m not much of a morning person either. I wake up early but I’m ******* useless before 8 am and just plain useless before 10am.

You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad
It’s easy as far as the getting up early and watching from the couch goes.

If you want to make a night of it though out with mates it’s almost impossible unless you have the endurance of a 20 year old on the prowl. I’m long past that

My suggestion would be to watch it with other people. Whether it’s going out or just with a a couple of mates.

I went out for the final last year and even though we lost it was great. I’ll be doing the same again this year.

If I was a Spurs fan I’d be looking for somewhere that will be pro Spurs. Might be hard to find but surely there’s supporter clubs that’ll congregate somewhere.
As a Melbourne Spurs fan, the main place is the Imperial. Problem is that’s Liverpool’s home base as well. Will be outnumbered 10-1 if we are lucky.

In fact that will be the ratio pretty much everywhere. Liverpool’s support in Oz is ridiculous

The Imperial will have something on for sure and the OzSpurs meet there.

Problem is that the dirty Scousers will be there also.

Atmosphere is usually first rate though.
If the final was at an earlier time, that place would be chockers/lockout 2-3 hours before kick off

The fact it's at 5am means it will be packed but I'm not sure if people get locked out though

Went one Saturday night when the Merseyside derby was on at 930pm and Spurs played later that night, couldn't get in until after that game finished, so went to Squires Bar instead for an hour or two before going back

As a Melbourne Spurs fan, the main place is the Imperial. Problem is that’s Liverpool’s home base as well. Will be outnumbered 10-1 if we are lucky.

In fact that will be the ratio pretty much everywhere. Liverpool’s support in Oz is ridiculous
Yep

I'm not sure if it's worth going in there to be honest

It’s easy as far as the getting up early and watching from the couch goes.

If you want to make a night of it though out with mates it’s almost impossible unless you have the endurance of a 20 year old on the prowl. I’m long past that
Yep :(

If it were a 230pm kickoff it'd be fine for a night out, 5am just stinks in that regard

Yep

I'm not sure if it's worth going in there to be honest
Yep, not worth it. I went there with a few mates for the Wembley Spurs v Liverpool game this season and it was flooded with Liverpool in the main bar. Think the spurs supporters might of hired a private room upstairs but I was there with a Liverpool mate so it wasn’t really an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insanely jealous.
You should definitely go. I would have gone if not for the astronomical ticket prices.

Yeah, i dunno why im suddenly hesitant. The tics are in a great spot and free.Travel and board wont cost much at all.
But then i see on fb, there are dozens of friends that would give anything to go. I probably wont appreciate it as much as they would cos i dont support either team. For them its a lifechanging dream come true.

Funnily enough if it was Barca-Ajax I'd be straight there as a neutral without any guilt.

I think too much, lol. Anyway will make a decision soon.

Reports that UEFA's investigation committee will recommend Man City be kicked out for a season for financial irregularities.
According to their rules this would give Arsenal a place.

And if Arsenal win the Europa, then it would deliver Man Utd a place.

1557836277086.png

Oh, dont i know it. But alot of the company reps will be there, they'll notice, and ill probably be banned for life from macau. Lol. So i gotta give the tic to a friend who they know as well, or someone in the same type of industry.
I will give you money for said ticket. I can fake that I'm in the industry... Haha

City will challenge it in the courts, and not sure FFP would hold up in a court of law and could well disintegrate. Then what happens, the big clubs press ahead with a protective European super league and everything is ****ed. Could get juicy this

Yeah, i dunno why im suddenly hesitant. The tics are in a great spot and free.Travel and board wont cost much at all.
But then i see on fb, there are dozens of friends that would give anything to go. I probably wont appreciate it as much as they would cos i dont support either team. For them its a lifechanging dream come true.

Funnily enough if it was Barca-Ajax I'd be straight there as a neutral without any guilt.

I think too much, lol. Anyway will make a decision soon.
Sell it to a friend who would really appreciate it.

Win/win.

Back