• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
As someone who spent $1500 on Springsteen tickets (my Liverpool or Spurs equivalent for some here, maybe even greater) for myself and my now wife to see a very exclusive show in NYC, and combine it with a trip to NYC which ended up costing us about $10,000 all up, I strongly suggest if you can make it viable do it.

You won't regret a second and will be one of the greatest experiences of your life.

As someone who spent $1500 on Springsteen tickets (my Liverpool or Spurs equivalent for some here, maybe even greater) for myself and my now wife to see a very exclusive show in NYC, and combine it with a trip to NYC which ended up costing us about $10,000 all up, I strongly suggest if you can make it viable do it.

You won't regret a second and will be one of the greatest experiences of your life.
I dropped $1,500 on tickets to the Liverpool v Man City game (25 year Hillsborough anniversary) 5 years ago.
I got offered $10k for them the day before the game from a bloke who was 100% serious but knocked back the offer. Had I been to Anfield before I might have taken the offer but there was no price I would have accepted for those tix.

Now I agree if it viable do it, but potentially $15-$20k for flights, tickets, accom and a few days in Madrid is a price that very few people go afford or justify

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Cheers mate. Not a hard decision in the end. The tough part now is deciding who to give it to. Its like the Make a Wish foundation only being able to grant 1 wish. Impossible to choose.
The choice is easy mate. I'm right here ;)

I'm a travel consultant too so I can sort my flights and accomm.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
In all seriousness I'd love to go but tickets are just way too much. Packages through my sports wholesalers start at 13k. That not a package with flights and accomm either. That's just the ticket and corporate bullshit events tied in that I wouldn't even want to go to.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
In all seriousness I'd love to go but tickets are just way too much. Packages through my sports wholesalers start at 13k. That not a package with flights and accomm either. That's just the ticket and corporate ******** events tied in that I wouldn't even want to go to.

Out of interest what do packages go for the Glory this weekend? Got an expat Glory fan keen on going over in Melbourne.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I remember that game. It was a Friday evening in Melbourne. My work setup a huge screen in the cafeteria and catered the event. It was a great night.

Good times Japan / Korea 2002. That was when I first started working full time out of university. Matches on at 4.30/6.30/8.30 every night after work, straight to the pub. Delicious. Remember having a bit of fun baiting poms after their lost to Brazil :)

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good times Japan / Korea 2002. That was when I first started working full time out of university. Matches on at 4.30/6.30/8.30 every night after work, straight to the pub. Delicious. Remember having a bit of fun baiting poms after their lost to Brazil :)
We do it tough here in Aus the arse end of the world. Getting up at all hours of the morning to watch a football game. Japan/Korea was a magic month.
I was in Chapel street (Melbourne) for lunch with my wife on a Sunday. It was a glorious sunny day. We finished lunch and as we were casually strolling along the shopping strip i noticed all the pubs had signs out advertising live screenings of every world cup game. We walked into one of the pubs for a drink about an hour before Sweden vs England. There were about 10 people in the place. Within half an hour the place was full of Swedes. There was also a DJ playing music who refused to tone down the level so we can hear the game. Anyway the manager was told unless the music stops playing and the sound of the game gets turned up about 200 Swedes are walking out and heading into the pub next door. Music stops, sound of the game gets turned up and for the next 2 hours I was an honorary Swede.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We do it tough here in Aus the arse end of the world. Getting up at all hours of the morning to watch a football game. Japan/Korea was a magic month.
I was in Chapel street (Melbourne) for lunch with my wife on a Sunday. It was a glorious sunny day. We finished lunch and as we were casually strolling along the shopping strip i noticed all the pubs had signs out advertising live screenings of every world cup game. We walked into one of the pubs for a drink about an hour before Sweden vs England. There were about 10 people in the place. Within half an hour the place was full of Swedes. There was also a DJ playing music who refused to tone down the level so we can hear the game. Anyway the manager was told unless the music stops playing and the sound of the game gets turned up about 200 Swedes are walking out and heading into the pub next door. Music stops, sound of the game gets turned up and for the next 2 hours I was an honorary Swede.

How many of those Swedes were females? Could be dangerous if you were with the missus :)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
5ECD5121-8F7E-4F0C-A6C8-5AAB86439597.jpeg

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I'm going to be in Melbourne for the final - any recommendations as to where to go to watch the game?
  1. in the city centre somewhere
  2. must serve alcohol to calm the nerves :beercheers:
  3. big screen
  4. won't be frowned upon for going nuts when Spurs win :trophy:
Any suggestions would be appreciated

The Imperial on the corner of Spring and Bourke Streets. Will be loaded with Scousers but Melbourne OzSpurs also meet there. Should be a ripping atmosphere. It's a proper football pub.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How outnumbered are the spurs lads going to be down there in Oz? Surely there’ll be some places where you’ll be a majority?

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
How outnumbered are the spurs lads going to be down there in Oz? Surely there’ll be some places where you’ll be a majority?
There's a few pubs popping up on facebook that Spurs fans have organised to be open that they want to keep all spurs. But I'd say 20:1 would be the ratio anywhere big

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Where are you watching it? Is there a Spurs screening somewhere?

Or just at the local booza?

Either way good luck, should be a great final.

Back