glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I came for the Kaiser reaction. Haven’t left disappointed.

816359.jpg

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Bayern were not winning cl this season so it's probably a good result in that the head honchos don't rest on their laurels but rather overhaul the squad. It's sad that Bayern still wins the bl with this team. Dortmund really are pathetic

Lol what? The season is over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
City have stepped things up a gear in my opinion. It won’t be the same as last year. Think Pep has worked out how to get round Liverpool now
Dont know about that. Both league games were really close. I think if we draw City it will be a really tight affair decided by moments of real quality.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
The last time Spurs signed someone, Robben probably had hair. Didn’t stop them making the quarters.

Spurs are another great example of how significantly less cash can impact your ability to compete with the biggest clubs.

Same way Madrid can lose to Ajax, Barcelona can get knocked out last year, championship sides advance in the cup.

You don’t need to spend big to get results, but to have a squad that is deep enough to compete in multiple competitions and maintain a consistently high level of quality, you need to spend big. Just the reality of 21st century football.

Spurs are lucky that Levy and Pochettino have kept a team of this quality together for so long considering how reluctant they are to shell out for wages!

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Why so defensive? I couldn't care less how BM operates but let's not pretend they don't pillage the German league, the woe is me attitude from Rummenigge is rubbing off on the fans now?

Can't wait to hear the melts now that an evil English side has thumped them out of Europe.
And Man U, Liverpool, City etc don't pillage the English league? That's the hypocrisy

And Man U, Liverpool, City etc don't pillage the English league? That's the hypocrisy

They don't pretend they don't and they also don't sook about other teams publicly. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
They don't pretend they don't and they also don't sook about other teams publicly. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Only thing Bayern board sooks about is FFP as Bayern actually put money into the German league and clubs, whereas English teams and the likes of PSG have an owner throw in money that is not sustainable and don't try and develop the game at grassroots level or assist other teams struggling.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
6 teams

Vs

One
So it's Bayerns fault that the other German teams aren't run as well? It's a business not a charity.

They stopped Dortmund going bankrupt, but even Dortmund aren't thankful for that. If it happens again Bayern will just let them die

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
So it's Bayerns fault that the other German teams aren't run as well? It's a business not a charity.

They stopped Dortmund going bankrupt, but even Dortmund aren't thankful for that. If it happens again Bayern will just let them die
Quite easy to build a monopoly in that leagues climate dude, most of the TV income goes to Bayern for example also, not to mention every player just about who stays in that league wants to play for them at some stage

Something that you seem to struggle to understand, you've got it better than everyone and the league sucks because of that particular cycle of operation

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Being a Liverpool fan a win like this is as good as it gets so enjoy
Have enjoyed your whinging and sooking the last few pages mate, always amuses me seeing grown men chuck a tanty on a footy forum :thumbsu: are you ok though? Do you need to speak to someone in this time of melting?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Quite easy to build a monopoly in that leagues climate dude, most of the TV income goes to Bayern for example also, not to mention every player just about who stays in that league wants to play for them at some stage

Something that you seem to struggle to understand, you've got it better than everyone and the league sucks because of that particular cycle of operation
Another person talking absolute crap - get your facts right instead of making s**t up to suit your point.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...on-revenue-bundesliga-football-clubs-germany/

It is basically even between all clubs.

Back