UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (Quarter Finals)

mike123

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Won't happen

UEFA will make sure United plays a rival

Heck they might just make the English teams play each other while Barca and Juve can lock in Porto/Ajax for themselves
Given our last 2 opponents in the quarter finals were Real and Barca not sure why you think we’re certain to get an easy beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HawkAussie

An casual anime fan.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Side Hawks, Malmo FF
While in the UEFA Youth League, the quarter finals are these:
1899 Hoffenheim vs. Real Madrid
Porto vs. Midtjylland
Barcelona vs. Lyon
Chelsea vs. Dinamo Zagreb

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
So it's Bayerns fault that the other German teams aren't run as well? It's a business not a charity.

They stopped Dortmund going bankrupt, but even Dortmund aren't thankful for that. If it happens again Bayern will just let them die
Bayern fans always bring this point up, and simply not true. Yes, there was a 2m loan that was paid back within a few months. So what? They’ve done the same to St Pauli and 1860.

Maybe you need to look at the how and not the what. I’d love for us to fall upon an € 800m sponsorship from BMW, but that’s just not going to happen. Bavaria is Bavaria and the Ruhrpott is the Ruhrpott. We’re a working class club, we have working class roots, and will never have the financial clout as they do down south. And 99% of supporters are happy about that. The club represents us. We choose not to take money from human rights abusers in Qatar, and instead play to full stadiums every week with a good conscience. And if it stays that way, then that’s fine. Borussia has never been solely about winning.

Bayern is acting like a spoilt brat here - used to getting what they want, so when someone else comes along for a share of the cake, they throw the toys out the cot. It’s easy being the big fish at primary school, but when you go to a combined high school, its a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Bayern fans always bring this point up, and simply not true. Yes, there was a 2m loan that was paid back within a few months. So what? They’ve done the same to St Pauli and 1860.

Maybe you need to look at the how and not the what. I’d love for us to fall upon an € 800m sponsorship from BMW, but that’s just not going to happen. Bavaria is Bavaria and the Ruhrpott is the Ruhrpott. We’re a working class club, we have working class roots, and will never have the financial clout as they do down south. And 99% of supporters are happy about that. The club represents us. We choose not to take money from human rights abusers in Qatar, and instead play to full stadiums every week with a good conscience. And if it stays that way, then that’s fine. Borussia has never been solely about winning.

Bayern is acting like a spoilt brat here - used to getting what they want, so when someone else comes along for a share of the cake, they throw the toys out the cot. It’s easy being the big fish at primary school, but when you go to a combined high school, its a different story.

Last time I looked Porsche and VW/Audi is in Stuttgart. I don't see Stuttgart getting a huge sponsorship.....there will be other businesses in the Dortmund area that they have to take advantage of

Zoom

Carefree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Brooklyn Nets
Would be happy with either:

Man City v Barcelona
Ajax v Porto
Tottenham v Juventus
Liverpool v Man United

Or:

Barcelona v Juventus
Tottenham v Man United
Liverpool v Man City
Ajax v Porto

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Last time I looked Porsche and VW/Audi is in Stuttgart. I don't see Stuttgart getting a huge sponsorship.....there will be other businesses in the Dortmund area that they have to take advantage of
Porsche is part of the Volkswagen Group and Volkswagen sponsor Wolfsburg - shirt, arena, the whole shebang.

Stuttgart may be where the spiritual heart of Porsche is but like Audi they are all the same thing nowadays and the real HQ is in Wolfsburg.

Sorry for the off topic folks but felt that had to be corrected.

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Stuttgart have Mercedes as a Sponsor

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/bayern-munich-bmw-sponsorship-audi

Once again. I’m not complaining. But that sponsorship deal is €60m more per year than our biggest. It’s just how it is. We are literally performing at your level on a fraction of the cash. So what is it. We are better then you think, or you’ve underperformed since 2013

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
What's it like being a bitter loser?

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
A Deutschland scheisser fight is a refreshing change from the usual Norf London / Liverpool-Spurs shitfights that permeate throughout these boards.
Happy to be of service to you. Love fighting the good fight

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thread starter Moderator #2,348
Mods any chance that a new thread could be created for the quarter finals onwards? Think this thread deserves certified legendary status after some of the gold on here this morning. chef RossFC Jatz
lol, only chance of that happening is if this thread reaches 10k posts.

Top Bottom